Nessebar, resort "Sunny Beach", Burgas, Pomorie, St. Vlas Bulgaria
Adults Childrens's Competitive nature Dances Choirs / Songs Orchestras Habits Authentic Processed Styled
Director: Kaloyan Nikolov
until 21 July 2017
A special feature of the World Championship of Folklore "World Folk" is that all performances are recorded with professional audio and television equipment and the best of them are repeatedly broadcasted by 20 cable televisions in Bulgaria, by satellite televisions "Travel TV", "Rodina TV" and "Heros TV" with coverage across Europe, as well as by the Web Television "EuroFolkTV" at tv.eurofolk.com With these activities the main goal of the World Championship of Folklore "World Folk 2017“ is being realized and that is to protection and popularize the traditional folk arts through the enormous possibilities of mass media.
The concerts of the World Championship of Folklore “World Folk 2017” are broadcasted live on the World Web Television “EuroFolkTV”.
The marks of the participants appeared in the competition program of the World Championship of Folklore "World Folk 2017" are valid for ranking in the World ranking list of folklore.
Nessebar: Ancient city of Nessebar is in the World Heritage List of UNESCO. Nessebar is one of the oldest towns in Europe, established before more than 3200 years. According to data, the legendary author of fables Aesop was born in Mesambria / Nessebar / around 620 BC. In the ancient part of the town there are 42 churches, built from IV till XVII centuries. The isthmus connecting the old with the new part is 400 m long. In the middle of the isthmus is the old mill of the town, which currently is a tourist attraction. After the Constantinople has fallen, descendants of the Byzantine emperors of dynasties and Kantakuzin and Paleologos are living here on these lands so far.
Tourist resort of Sunny beach: On the territory of Sunny Beach resort are located more than 200 3, 4 and 5 stars hotels, and more than 100 amusement facilities, including the largest aquapark in the Balkans - "Action Aquapark". The complex is similiar to Las Vegas with its noisy discos and casinos. This is the most visited destination that attracts many tourists from all over the Europe.
August 18 - Competition - Official opening - Stage "Antique Amphitheater" - Nessebar
August 19 - Competition - Stage - "Amphitheater" - Sveti Vlas
August 20 - Free day trips - Stage - "Theater Arena" - Sveti Vlas
August 21 - Competition - Stage - Open stage "Ohluva" - Bourgas
August 22 - Free day trips,
August 23 - Free day trips,
August 24 - Competition - Stage - "Theater Arena" - Sveti Vlas
August 25 - Competition - Stage - "Prosveta 1888" - Pomorie - Parade of nations
August 26 - Competition - Stage - "Theater Arena" - Sveti Vlas Ceremony and announcement of winners and official closing gala concert of winners.
August 27 - Departure of the groups
Main task of the organizers is to allow the expression of the creative groups and their incorporation into a competitive program, defining the best of them and promoting the winners by broadcasting in the European and World television air.
- Those who wish to take part in the Festival must fill-in application form.
- The collectives, who apply for participation, must have obtained prestigious awards from other festivals; the awards should be notified in the application form.
- All participants are to make their own travel arrangements to and from Nessebar and stages and pay their travel expenses. The Organizing Commitiee provides accomodation and cultural program (excursions) by agreement with the participants.
- A group delegation can include artists and their accompanying party. The nomber of artists and accopanying people is not limited.
During the participation of the team in the Championship, it may be invited by the organizers to take part in joint events – Official opening, Official closing, defile, accompanying concerts, cocktail, master class, or others. The presence of invited teams in various events is required.
- The application forms should be sent not later than 25.04.2017.
- The participants pay the specified prices for participation in the World Championship of Folklore "World Folk 2017”. The advanced payment is 30% from the total amount for the participation of the group. It is payable after approval of participation, but not late of June 10, 2017. That condition is in order to booking in the active resort season.
- Send by post, to the address of EAFF or with attachment to email, demos of at two performances, or link to a video posted on YouTube or other social site for video sharing. The application to be added annotation of the participant and promotional materials - photos. The photo should not be less than 1 MB. Sent materials will not be returned.
- Individual performers and duets pays and aditional participation fee 50 Euro.
- Applaynig for second category pays and aditional participation fee 100 Euro
- The price includes staying the night, breakfast, dinner and organizational service.
- Two weeks before the beginning of the championship the full amount for participation must be sent.
- The minimum participation period is 5 days.
Regulations of Contest
B) Folklore vocal groups, modern arrangement of folklore music; - (choirs and ensembles)
C) Folklore dance groups, authentic folklore; (folklore dance groups, ensembles)
D) Folklore dance groups; modern choreography (folklore dance groups, ensembles)
E) Folklore mix ensembles - Authentic performances; (live vocal, instrumental and dance)
F) Folklore mix ensembles - Processed performances; (live vocal, instrumental and dance)
G) Folklore instrumental groups; folklore music (ensembles and orchestras)
H ) Folklore customs groups ; replica (folklore groups, ensembles)
I) Group for old urban songs; (folklore groups, ensembles)
*i individual performers and duets by all categories exept E,F,H;
*1 by all categories there is also ranking of children and young people up to 18 years. /in children's and youth groups can participate up to 30% of participants from different age /
*2 by all categories there is ranking adults people over 18 years old.
1. Level of complexity and technique of performance
2. Vision /costumes, properties, staging, selection of repertoire/
3. Stage manners /behavior on stage, gestures, contact with the audience, spirit emanation, artistry/
- Songs - up to 10 minutes
- Dances - up to 10 minutes
- Ensemble performances – up to 15 minutes
- At the discretion of the jury Nomination "Orpheus" is awarded, which gives the right for participation in the ranking for the World Grand Prix "Orpheus".
- The champions are awarded gold medals, while second and third place - silver and bronze medals. Winners receive certificates for laureates and a diploma for World Champion of folklore for 2017 in the relevant category.
- In the separate categories may be given additional gold, silver and bronze medals with the relevant diplomas.
- Jury awards the top performers with a recommendation for participation in World Championship of Folklore.
- All participants receive diplomas and object - prizes.
- Special Jury Prizes for Authentic costume, Stage costume, Modern processing, Musical accompaniment, Artistic behavior, Soloist and others. The awards are announced at a ceremony during the World Championship of Folklore "World Folk".
- At the discretion of the jury and the producers World Folk Academy the prominent art leaders are honored with a Diploma for obtaining the rank Maestro or Maestro Academic. Diplomas are sent to Ministry of Culture of the relevant country or the Mayors of municipalities with a request for handing in appropriate way.
Points valid for World ranking list of folklore.
|Championship||Odds||Points for participation||
Points by Category
Points by Grand Prix
Next: - 12 p.
Registration of the Participants
REGISTRATION FEE (for participants and accompanying persons)
5 days - 195 Euro per person
10 days - 350 Euro per person
in a group of 25 people – 1 person free of charge
- 5/10 days accommodation in 3 or 4-bed or /2+2/ rooms, private bathroom with a shower and hot water
- 5/10 days half board /breakfast and lunch/
- Support our staff during the festival
- Championship accreditation
- Supplement for double room – 5 euro per day per person.
- Supplement for single room – 15 euro per day per person.
- NOT INCLUDED: Travel - Personal expenses - Facultative tours (tour of Burgas, Varna, Nessebar, Sozopol, Ropotamo river, Kazanlak, Shipka, Veliko Tarnovo)
- Inner Transport, insurance
- Transport from Airports: /Burgas, - 35 km., Varna - 110 km., Sofia - 410 km., Istanbul - 390 km.
- What is not specified in the above mentioned “the fee includes”.
- for 5 days the amount is being calculated in the following way: 25 (+1 person for free) х 195 EURO = 4870 EURO. The advanced payment equals 4870 х 0,2 = 975 EURO.
- for 10 days the amount is being calculated in the following way: 25 (+1 person for free) х 350 EURO = 8750 EURO. The advanced payment equals 8750 х 0,2 = 1750 EURO.
This amount must be transferred via the mentioned bank account. The discounts shall be rendered at the final paying off.
Registration of the participants at their arrival will take place in Sea Grace*** , "Sunny Beach" Resort, Bulgaria.