Adults Childrens's Competitive nature Dances Choirs / Songs Authentic Processed
Director: Mrs. Svetlana Rumenova
Contact person: Mr. Roberto Scaletti
Town host - Jesolo, Italy
Jesolo is in the Veneto region of Italy. This coastal town is very popular with foreign tourists, especially Germans and Austrians, and also with the Italians and it is one of the longest beaches in Italy, stretching over 13 km. It has a wide range of hotels, shops and attractions next to the beach. It is also very close to Venice and its lagoon and many other interesting places in North-east Italy.
The origin of Jesolo dates back at the time of the fall of the Roman Empire, when barbarian tribes such as the Huns invaded Italy from north-east, forcing the population to move towards the swamp area near the sea. Most of the original inhabitants came from the Roman town of Opitergium (today’s Oderzo). They were all forced to move where now the Venetian Lagoon is, settling down on the small islands and eventually founding towns like Eraclea and even Venice itself. At the beginning of its history Jesolo was called “Equilium”, from the latin word “equus” which means “horse”. This was probably due to the fact that they were horse breeders. The people there had to fight and claim land to the sea. This process took centuries under the control of the Venice Republic and it literally transformed the territory for example by changing the course of rivers Sile and Piave. The beginning of Jesolo as a touristic town dates back to early 20th century, but it was only after the Second World War that the beach town started developing. Unfortunately, at that time there was no regulation and many buildings and hotels were constructed on the seafront. This prevented Jesolo from having a proper seafront like you can see in many other coastal towns around Italy and the world.
B) Folklore songs groups, modern arrangement of folklore music; - (choirs and ensembles)
C) Folklore dances groups, authentic folklore; (folklore dance groups, ensembles)
D) Folklore dances groups; modern choreography (folklore dance groups, ensembles)
E) Folklore mix ensembles - Authentic performances; (live vocal, instrumental and dance)
F) Folklore mix ensembles - Processed performances; (live vocal, instrumental and dance)
- by all categories there is also ranking of children and young people up to 18 years. /in children's and youth groups can participate up to 30% of participants from different age /
- by all categories there is ranking adults people up 18 years.
- The jury consists of 3 people.
- All of the participants are granted with deeds for laureates, diplomas and object – awards. The awards are granted on a ceremony during World Cup of Folklore™- Jesolo 2017, Italy
World Cup of Folklore™ categories are consistent with the categories of the World ranking list of folklore.
Collected points standings with odds for a World Cup of Folklore™
Points valid for World ranking list of folklore.
Points for participation
Points by Category
Points by Grand Prix
World Cup of Folklore™
Next - 6 p.
Unambiguous text: The collectives or presenting organizations, if approved by the jury to participate in the World Cup of Folklore™, give the organizers the right to be recorded on video, photo and audio, arranged in a program, presenting the fest and broadcasted by a TV channel or in some other way, for which a contract agreement will be signed.
Registration of the Participants
*Free parking for bus
- Any group willing to participate must submit an Application form. All filled in applications will mean acceptance of the terms laid by the present regulation.
- Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.
- The application is guaranteed by the advance payment amounting to 30% of the overall cost. This amount will not be refunded in the event of renunciation of participation.
- The sender covers all bank fees.
- Except the participation application you have to send a creative biography of the group and some colour photos sent by e-mail
- The ensembles should make rest of their payment for their stay in festival till 15th of April 2017.
- Until 30th of April 2017 each group should send the list of participants, name/surname, sex, date of birth and passport number.
- For submitted application from 19th of October 2016 till 15th of December 2016 you will receive 5% discount.