22 - 25 June 2017
Director: Mr. Gaal Tibor
We would like to invite You to the Saint Ladislaus International Folklore Festival 2017.
The festival traditionally is held the final weekend of June. The location is a wonderful capital city of Hungary, Budapest.
Saint Ladislaus International Folklore Festival is an opportunity to combine summer holiday, cultural experience, form international friendships and build a multi-cultural network of folk artists.
Participants in the festival:
- Number and age of the participants are not limited.
- Folk dancers, singers, choirs, musicians, brass bands all are very welcome.
- The participants will meet and perform together with our host Hungarian folklore groups.
- In 2016 we hosted groups from Poland, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Spain, Ukraine and Hungary.
- St. Ladislaus is a patron saint of Kőbánya (a district of Budapest). Our event will be held within the framework of the Days of St. Ladislaus.
22.06. Thursday Arrival to Budapest
3.00 Hotel accommodation after 13.00, meeting with the organizers.
Afternoon Walking tour in the garden of National Museum, in a Central Market and Szabadság (Freedom) Bridge
19.00 Dinner in the hotel
21.00 Night boat excursion on the Danube, overview to Parliament, Castle, National Theatre, ...
07.00 - 09.00 Breakfast in the Hotel
10.00 - 12.00 Two hours spa-beach program in Aquaworld Budapest http://www.aquaworldresort.hu/en/aquaworld
12.00 - 16.00 Shopping in Westend Shopping Center, lunch option, overview from the roof terrace http://westend.hu/
17.00 - 22.00 Performance, participation party, dinner, dance teaching in Törekvés Cultural Center
07.00 - 09.00 Breakfast in the Hotel.
09.30 - 12.00 Budapest sightseeing on the group’s own bus with a guide or with audio guided open top bus (extra fee)
12.00 - 13.00 Lunch in the hotel
13.00 - 14.00 Preparation to the festival program
14.00 Participant's Parade and FESTIVAL Gala Program in the main square of Kőbánya, St. Ladislaus square.
Dinner at the scene of the event.
Night possibility Visiting Budapest entertainment district.
25.06. Sunday After breakfast check out from the hotel, Farewell Budapest…
- 110 Euro per person
- Earlier arrival and later departure is possible. The cost of additional days: 30 EUR.
Participation fee includes:
- Accommodation in a 3* Hotel per person per 3 nights Half Board (3 - 4 bed rooms), (1 - 2 bed rooms are limited, may incur extra fee depend on the hotel.)
- Breakfast and dinner
- Certificate of Participation, and additional Hungarian gifts from the hosts
- Official invitation
- Ensure free participation of 1 person for every 25 participants
Participation fee does not include:
- Transport, PUBLIC TRAFFIC, additional programmes, insurance
- Optional programmes are additional in cost, but are group discounted.
Any group willing to participate must submit an Application form.
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.
Upon acceptance of the registration 20% hotel down payment is due within 30 days. In case of cancellation, the advances will be not refunded.
News About the Festival
28 June 2017
Saint Ladislaus International Folklore Festival 2017 was held for consecutive year in Budapest (Hungary). From 22nd till 25th of June in Kőbánya, 10th region of Hungarian capital. The event united di…
28 June 2016
From 23rd to 26th of June the Hungarian capital of Budapest hosted the International Folklore Festival "St. Ladislaus" 2016. 3 foreign groups from Spain - Tuna de Dderech de Valencia, from Poland - G…