Prague Czech Republic
Director: Mrs. Julia Tomachkova
"PRAGUE STARS" is a prestigious international art festival and competition, which is held in Prague twice a year: in late March and early November. The festival is an important event in the cultural life of Prague with high recognition and wide geography of the participating countries. Famous Czech and foreign cultural and art workers are invited as honored members of the international jury.
XXVII. International Folklore, Dance and Music Festival and Competition “PRAGUE STARS” is determined for:
- ensembles and groups of young performers from different countries of the world.
The competitive program of the participants is approved by the Organizing Committee on the basis of applications received. The schedule of the competitive programme for all participants is determined in advance and depends on the age of the participants. All participants should prepare a competitive program within the time limits specified for each competitive discipline: 7 minutes for soloists, duets and small formations and 15 minutes for ensembles and groups.
MINI KIDS - from 6 to 8 years,
- CHILDREN - from 9 to 12 years,
- JUNIORS 1 - from 13 to 15 years,
- JUNIORS 2 - from 16 to 18 years,
- ADULTS 1 - from 19 years to 25 years,
- ADULTS 2 - from 26 years and older,
- SENIORS - from 50 years and older.
The jury evaluates the skills of the participants during the competitive performance in each competitive discipline and in each age category in accordance with the 10-points evaluation systems. Results of the art competition and festival are being summed up by the end of all competitive performances.
- all audio sound records for the competitive program must be recorded only in the usual audio format on CD discs.
- All audio sound records must be of high quality, with clean editing and cuts.
- All CD-discs for the competitive program must contain only one piece of music per CD.
- All CD-discs must be given to the Organizer at registration and must contain the name of participant in Latin characters, title of the composition and time limit.
- The participants must inform the Organizer if the music on CD stops and starts again after pause or contains silence within the musical composition.
- Discs in format CD+R / CD+RW / DVD+RW will not be accepted!
- 90 Euro per person
Participation fee includes:
3 overnights in PRAGUE in hotel cat. 3* on basis BB (buffet breakfast)
Accommodation in TRPL and QDRPL rooms for participants. Organization committee gives 1 DBL/TWIN for group leaders (groups less than 40 persons) and 2 DBL (group more than 40 persons)
More Double rooms are possible for Extra SUPPLEMENT / See Participation fee does not include
Walking guided sightseeing tour around Prague “PRAGUE GRAND CITY TOUR” (only for group more than 40 persons)
Registration fee for participation
Official letter of invitation and other documents
Performance in competitive and festival programme
Diplomas, Prizes and Medals
Participation fee does not include:
SOLOISTS and DUETS pay extra for SOLO / DUET participation - 10 Euro per person
Extra overnight in hotel – 20 Euro per person a night with buffet breakfast
- Lunches in Prague: 10 Euro per person / 1 lunch
- Dinners in Prague: 10 Euro per person / 1 dinner
- Extra payment for accommodation in DBL or TWIN room – 15 Euro per person to festival package price
- Extra payment for accommodation in SNGL room – 45 Euro per person to festival package price
- Transfers in Prague: from hotel to Concert Hall and back, from Airport to hotel and back
- Travel expenses (transportation of participants to / from Prague, transfers in Prague, travel insurance, entrance visa to Czech Republic for participants from non-Schengen countries), lunches, entrance tickets to sightseeing objects, tickets to public traffic, optional excursions
- On demand it is possible to organize Extra Payment Services connected to transportation from Airport to the hotel and back, from Hotel to Concert Hall and back, Meeting at the airport by the Festival Stuff, Changing the offered hotel to higher class or booking additional services by contacting and sending official request to the Organizing Committee
In the afternoon for organized groups (more than 40 persons) guided walking sightseeing tour “PRAGUE GRAND CITY TOUR” around the historical center of PRAGUE CASTLE and OLD TOWN: Royal Palace, St. Vitus Cathedral, St. George Monastery, Golden Lane, medieval Charles Bridge, Old Town Square surrounded by Old Town Hall with its famous Astronomical Clock, Tyn and St. Nicholas Churches, Wenceslas Square with St. Wenceslas statue and the National Museum (duration – 3,5 hrs).
Optional: in the evening – Evening Boat Cruise on Vltava (20 EURO per person)
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.