Директор: Julia Tomachkova
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 19 November 2021
PUBLISHING OF ONLINE RESULTS BY DISCIPLINES: 29 – 30 November 2021
PUBLISHING OF ONLINE RESULTS BY DISCIPLINES AND AWARD CEREMONY: 02-03 December 2021
PLACE: Online stage (Vienna, Austria)
International Competition and Festival of Arts, Folklore, Music and Dance “WIENER STERNE / VIENNA STARS” is a multi-genre competition and festival that is regularly held in Vienna - the world capital of music, waltz, palaces and parks - twice a year: in late March and early November. The festival is an important event in the cultural life of Vienna and has won recognition from all over the world. More and more participants are attracted and the geography of the participating countries is constantly growing. From the year 2020 it exist also in digital form, as ONLINE EDITION.
At this time of the global health crisis connected with the pandemic outbreak of Coronavirus COVID-19 and in accordance with the governmental measures taken to restrict travel abroad, the NEW conception and form of Festival “WIENER STERNE / VIENNA STARS” is being launched as well as ONLINE COMPETITION & FESTIVAL with possibility of DISTANCING PARTICIPATION.
The previous form and standards of the International Competition and Festival “WIENER STERNE / VIENNA STARS” are adapted and moved to online platform providing the chance to participate online without travelling abroad by sharing performances, by creating NEW alternative space and opportunities for participants to challenge their creativity, show their skills to professional international Jury, to international dialogue, to come together on the NEW online platform, to establish NEW international friendly and creative contacts, to enrich the multinational culture on the basis of mutual respect for the cultural traditions of all the countries and nations of the world.
In the current difficult and unstable situation for travelling abroad, we realize how important is to show that we are still united and we are still believing in the power of Arts, Music, Dancing and Singing, with our longstanding desire to make our contribution, whenever possible, to peace and arts, to promotion of different cultures, sharing experiences and creative achievements between the participants from different countries in any possible and available way.We created innovative way to bring all of our participants together - we created ONLINE FESTIVAL BRIDGES to re-connect all countries and nations
Aims & goals:
- The main purpose of the ONLINE International Competition and Festival "WIENER STERNE / VIENNA STARS" is to bring interesting young talents from all around the world together on the NEW digital platform without travelling abroad to present their skills and cultural traditions, to build collaboration among participating performers, to continue engaging with International festivals
- Possibility to get evaluation from the recognized International Jury members and to win DIPLOMAS (in digital form), gold, silver or bronze MEDALS AWARD CERTIFICATES (in digital form) and LETTERS OF APPRECIATION
- Opportunity to be selected to the FINALS of GRAND ONLINE EUROFEST in DECEMBER 2021 with free participation for the best performers
- Opportunity to win GIFT CERTIFICATES for further participation (discounted or free) in our International Competitions and Festivals in the year 2022
- Popularization of performing arts and cultural traditions of all the countries and nations of the world
- Presentation of art groups with an innovative and interactive way on the online platform
- Sharing experiences and creative achievements of participants from different countries
- Opportunity to bring together participants from all around the world
- Improvement of professional skills and qualifications for art leaders
Members of the jury:
General rules and regulations:
Procedure of participation:
1. The competition and festival is held in the form of online competition and festival with distancing participation.
2. Applications start being received from the Opening Date for Applications and will close at the Deadline Date for accepting application.
3. Creative art groups, ensembles, teams, music and art schools, cultural centres and institutions, as well as soloists and small forms (duets, trios and groups up to 7 persons) who have timely and properly applied and paid the registration fee are allowed to participate in the online competition and festival.
4. The competitive program of the participants is approved by the Organizing Committee on the basis of applications received and paid before the official deadline date.
5. Applications should be applied with filling in all compulsory details of performer(s) and being used for issuing the official Diplomas and Medals Award Certificates. Art leaders, art directors, conductors, teachers, accompanists will be granted also by the Letters of Appreciation.
6. For distancing participation it is compulsory to send the link to the video performance to Organizing Committee (see more information in TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS).
7. All short-listed selected for competitive and festival program video performances are evaluated by the International Jury Committee, represented by internationally acknowledged cultural and art workers, according to the 10-points evaluation system.
8. The members of International Jury Committee review and evaluate the competitive performances in online form. The Jury evaluates proficiency and skills, mastery of technique, artistry, originality of interpretation and costumes, difficulty and choice of the repertoire and its compliance with the age and capabilities of the performer, stage presence and audience impact. No appeals may be lodged against the decisions of the jury.
9. The Results of the online competition and festival “WIENER STERNE / VIENNA STARS ONLINE EDITION 2021” with Jury valuations are being announced 10 working days after the Deadline Date for Applications. The Jury members have no right to disclose the results of the online competition and festival before their official announcement.
10. All participants should prepare and send the link to their short-video recording of their competitive and festival program with Repertoire of free choice within the time limits specified below:
FINE ARTS & CRAFTS – 1-2 works (photos or scans / see more details in in TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS)
11. Official Closing Ceremony includes the publishing of the whole online concert on the official YouTube channel of organizers as well as the GALA CONCERT of the winners (best chosen performers).
- Mini kids - from 6 to 8 years
- Children - from 9 to 12 years
- Juniors 1 - from 13 to 15 years
- Juniors 2 – from 16 to 18 years
- Adults 1 – from 19 years to 25 years
- Adults 2 – from 26 years and older
- Seniors – from 50 years and older
- Mixed grous
- Profi (professionals)
Competitive and festival disciplines:INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC (classical music, chamber music, folk, jazz, contemporary, modern, pop, etc.)
- Soloists – 15 Euro / for 1 short-video performance in one discipline
- Duets – 20 Euro / for 1 short-video performance in one discipline
- Trio / quartets – 25 Euro / for 1 short-video performance in one discipline
- Small formations (up to 7 persons) – 30 Euro / for 1 short-video performance in one discipline
- Ensembles and art groups (8 persons and more) – 35 Euro / for 1 short-video performance in one discipline
- Participants in FINE ARTS & CRAFTS - 10 Euro / per participant in one discipline
PERSONAL DIPLOMA for every member of art group or collective – extra 5 EURO / participant
PERSONAL MEDAL AWARD CERTIFICATE for every member of art group or collective – extra 5 EURO / participant.
Main technical requirements:
- All short-videos should be recorded as live performance in one space (at home, on stage, in class, auditorium or other proper place).
- Video recordings from other festivals or competitions dated for years 2020/2021 are permitted only on condition if video is uploaded exclusively by the performer(s) and on condition that the creative property of the video remains on the performer(s).
- Participants are responsible for compliance with the copyrights and related rights as well as for the settlement of ownership on all sound tracks / phonograms they use in their video for the competitive program. By submitting their video performances at the online competition and festival WIENER STERNE / VIENNA STARS ONLINE EDITION 2021, participants agree to their free publication, public display, broadcast or other transmission, unless otherwise agreed with the organizers on an individual basis at the time of application.
- All short-videos recordings must be of high quality, with high resolution of at least 720 pixels, without any acoustic interference.
- All short-videos are recommended be taken on a static camera using tripod. Videos taken on mobile phone are allowed only in high quality.
- All short-videos must have homogenous background if possible and sufficient lighting.
- All short-videos must be without signs of editing and stitching of frames.
- Each video must contain only one separate competitive performance.
- The short-videos registered for competitive program of online competition and festival “WIENER STERNE / VIENNA STARS ONLINE EDITION 2021” must be published on any of the file hosting sites (YouTube, Google Drive, etc.), must have open access without viewing restrictions and with storage period of at least 30 days from the Deadline date for accepting applications.
Special requirements for competitive disciplines:
The participants in the competitive discipline "VOCAL ART" must perform “live” or use only the "minus" soundtrack. It is forbidden to use the "plus" soundtrack.
Important conditions and obligations:
Any group willing to participate must submit an Application form.