Adults Childrens's Competitive nature Dances Choirs / Songs Orchestras Habits Authentic Processed Styled
Director: Georgi Topuzliyski
until 15 May 2019
The jury of the Balkan Championship of Folklore "Euro Folk - Jiva voda 2019" uses the ranking system of the European Association of Folklore Festivals – EAFF and the World Association of Folklore Festivals - WAFF. The marks of the ensemble appeared in the competition program are valid for ranking in the World ranking list of folklore.
Participants are ensembles from: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Greece, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Croatia, Serbia, Italy, Romania, Slovenia, Turkey and others.
Participants in Balkan Championship of Folklore "Euro Folk - Jiva voda 2018" was 200 folklore groups with more then - 3 000 participants.
Euro Folk Academy, Municipality of Hissarya and other.
Within the framework of Musical Feasts "Euro Folk".
Musical Feasts "Euro Folk" comprise of forty-five music festivals and are held under the auspices of the European Association of Folklore Festivals - EAFF in different European cities. Main event of Musical Feasts "Euro Folk" is № 1 Festival in Europe of traditional folk arts - Stara Planina Fest "Balkan Folk" in Bulgaria. It is yearly attended by 7 000 to 15 000 musicians, singers and dancers.
Typical feature of Musical Feasts "Euro Folk" is that all performances are recorded with professional audio and television technics and the best of them are repeatedly broadcasted by more than 50 cable and satellite televisions, as well as by the Worldwide Internet Television "EuroFolkTV" at tv.eurofolk.com.
Town host - Hissarya, Bulgaria
Hisar / Hisarya (the Augusta, Diocletianopolis, Seuthopolis, Aleksiopolis, Toplitsa) has a rich thousand-year history. The favorable climate and mineral waters have attracted people in these places of ancient times. Here is a prehistoric settlement existed even before the V-IV century BC The late Thracian settlement near the mineral springs became part of Odryssae state. Some spas were built medical-religious sanctuaries (nympheum). From this period dates the big Thracian cult facilities near Starosel.
After the conquest of the province of Thrace by the Romans in 46, around mineral springs emerged big Roman city. In 293 the Emperor Diocletian gave him the status of the city and since its beginning with massive retaining walls and construction of new urban solutions. In its preservation and originality defense system and the architecture of the Roman town Diocletianopolis ranks among the top in Europe. In many places the fortress wall reaches a height of 11 meters and the southern fortress gate stands 13 meters archaeological studies state that the fortress was reinforced by 44 towers. In the ancient city has had four major gates.
10.00 - Welcoming of participants in the Tourist Information Centre in Hissarya
11.00 - 19.00 – Competition program. Tours for the free groups.
21.00 – End of the competition program
11.00 – Beginning of the competition program. Tour for the free groups.
21.00 – End of the competition program
11.00 – Beginning of the competition program. Tours for the free groups.
19.00 – Official closing ceremony and announcement of the winners by categories and GRAND PRIX winner
20.00 – End of the program
Departure of the participants. Tours.
12.00 h - Check out of hotels
To participate in the contest, the participants need accreditation, which is realized under the following conditions:
- Groups willing to participate in the Championship complete and sign application forms.
- Collectives applying for participation must have obtained prestigious awards from other festivals, awards to be mentioned in the application.
- All participants are to make their own travel arrangements to and from Hisarya, Bulgaria and pay their travel expenses. The Organizing Commitiee provides accommodation and cultural program (excursions) by agreement with the participants.
- A group delegation can include artists and their accompanying party. The number of artists and accopanying people is not limited.
During the participation of the team in the Championship, it may be invited by the organizers to take part in joint events – Official opening, Official closing, defile, accompanying concerts, cocktail, master class, competition for traditional breads or others.The presence of invited teams in various events is required.
Regulations of the Contest
B) Folklore vocal groups, modern arrangement of folklore music; (choirs and ensembles)
C) Folklore dance groups, authentic folklore; (folklore dance groups, ensembles)
D) Folklore dance groups; modern choreography (folklore dance groups, ensembles)
E) Folklore mix ensembles - Authentic performances; (live vocal, instrumental and dance)
F) Folklore mix ensembles - Processed performances; (live vocal, instrumental and dance)
G) Folklore Instrumental groups; folklore music (ensembles and orchestras)
H) Folklore customs groups; replica (folklore groups, ensembles)
I ) Group for old urban songs; (groups, ensembles)
*i individual performers and duets by all categories exept E,F,H;
*1 by all categories there is also ranking of children and young people up to 18 years. /in children's and youth groups can participate up to 30% of participants from different age /
*2 by all categories there is ranking adults people over 18 years old.
1. Level of complexity and technique of performance
2. Vision /costumes, properties, staging, selection of repertoire/
3. Stage manners /behavior on stage, gestures, contact with the audience, spirit emanation, artistry/
- At the discretion of the jury Nomination "Orpheus" is awarded, which gives the right for participation in the ranking for the Grand Prix "Orpheus".
- The champions are awarded with gold medals, while second and third place receive silver and bronze medals. Winners receive certificates for laureates and a diploma for Balkan champion of folklore for 2019 in the relevant category.
- In the separate categories may be given additional gold, silver and bronze medals with the relevant diplomas.
- Jury awards the top performers with a recommendation for participation in European or World Championship of Folklore.
- All participants receive diplomas and object - prizes.
- Special Jury Prizes for Authentic costume, Stage costume, Modern processing, Musical accompaniment, Artistic behavior, Soloist and others. The awards are announced at a ceremony during the Balkan Championship of Folklore "Euro Folk - Jiva voda".
- At the discretion of the jury and the producers Euro Folk Academy the prominent art leaders are honored with a Diploma for obtaining the rank Maestro or Maestro Academic. Diplomas are sent to Ministry of Culture of the relevant country or the Mayors of municipalities with a request for handing in appropriate way.
Points valid for World ranking list of folklore.
|Championship||Odds||Points for participation||
Points by Category
Points by Grand Prix
3. 105Next - 6т
Registration of the Participants
The participation fee includes:
Accommodation in 1/3 and 1/4 rooms in 2*/3* hotel,
Half-board (breakfast and dinner-buffet)
Free place on every 25-th member /25 +1/
Organization expenses for one category
First aid and emergency support will be provided
Degrees**, Invitation letter***
The participation fee does not include:
- Additional day is 26/32 Euro per person per night
- Supplement for 1/2 TWIN/DOUBLE room is 5 Euro per person per night, for 1/1 - single room is 15 Euro per person per night
- Supplement for Luxory hotel 4* is 10 Euro per person per night
Registration fee in contest in second category is 5 Euro per person, no less than 100 Euro for the group.
Additional fee for Individual participants and small groups till quartet is 25 Euro
- Transport, insurance...
- Facultative tours (tour of Starosel, Plovdiv, Veliko Tarnovo, Sofia)
For all participants, the municipality offers free tour of the archaeological reserve Diocletianopolis, tour and visit to Thracian cult complex Starosel.
- Transport from airports: /Plovdiv - 40 km. Sofia, - 180 km., Burgas - 280 km., Varna - 390 km., Istanbul - 450 km./
- Transportation /organizer can arrange transportation from/to airport - price depends of number of people
- Horse riding - "Trakietz" Horse sport center
- Mineral pool beach - open air
- Mineral heath bath, SPA
Unambiguous text: Upon approved participation in the Championship, the collectives or organizations representing them give the Organizer the right performances to be recorded on audio and video, shaped in a program presenting the festival and broadcast on a TV channel or otherwise, for which a contract is signed.