4 - 8 June 2020
Choirs / Songs
Director: Mrs. Svetlana Rumenova
Contact person: Mr. Roberto Scaletti
until 31 January 2020
Town host - Jesolo, Italy
Jesolo is in the Veneto region of Italy. This coastal town is very popular with foreign tourists, especially Germans and Austrians, and also with the Italians and it is one of the longest beaches in Italy, stretching over 13 km. It has a wide range of hotels, shops and attractions next to the beach. It is also very close to Venice and its lagoon and many other interesting places in North-east Italy.
The origin of Jesolo dates back at the time of the fall of the Roman Empire, when barbarian tribes such as the Huns invaded Italy from north-east, forcing the population to move towards the swamp area near the sea. Most of the original inhabitants came from the Roman town of Opitergium (today’s Oderzo). They were all forced to move where now the Venetian Lagoon is, settling down on the small islands and eventually founding towns like Eraclea and even Venice itself. At the beginning of its history Jesolo was called “Equilium”, from the latin word “equus” which means “horse”. This was probably due to the fact that they were horse breeders. The people there had to fight and claim land to the sea. This process took centuries under the control of the Venice Republic and it literally transformed the territory for example by changing the course of rivers Sile and Piave. The beginning of Jesolo as a touristic town dates back to early 20th century, but it was only after the Second World War that the beach town started developing. Unfortunately, at that time there was no regulation and many buildings and hotels were constructed on the seafront. This prevented Jesolo from having a proper seafront like you can see in many other coastal towns around Italy and the world.
04/6/2020/ Arrival - Check in at hotel – 18:00 Technical conference with all leaders of groups to discuss the program of festival - Dinner
05/6/2020/ Breakfast - Free day from morning till noon - Optional excursion – Lunch time - Preparation for the concert - 18.30 Opening Ceremony, presentation of Jury and concert for all groups in World Cup. - Dinner
06/6/2020/ Breakfast - Free day from morning till noon - Optional excursion: Visit of Verona and Padua – Visit to Venice and Glass Factory (free glass blowing demonstration for participants Lunch time – Free time - Dinner - Disco evening for the groups
07/6/2020/ Breakfast - Free day from morning till noon - Optional excursions - Lunch time - 18:00 Closing Ceremony and concert of all groups. Awards.
08/6/2020/ Breakfast. Departure of the groups
*The organizers reserve the right to change the program of the World Cup.
To participate in the contest, the participants need accreditation, which is realized under the following conditions:
- Groups willing to participate in the World Cup of Folklore™ complete and sign application form.
- Collectives applying for participation must have obtained prestigious awards from other festivals, awards to be mentioned in the application.
- All participants are to make their own travel expenses to and from place of conducting, Italy and pay their stay. The Organizing Committee provides accommodation and cultural program (excursions) by agreement with the participants. A group delegation can include artists and their accompanying party. The number of artists and accompanying people is not limited.
- During the participation of the team in the World Cup of Folklore™, it may be invited by the organizers to take part in joint events – Official opening, Official closing, parade, accompanying concerts, activities or others . The presence of invited teams in various events is required.
Contest system includes the following categories:
A) Folklore songs groups, authentic folklore (choirs and ensembles)
B) Folklore songs groups, modern arrangement of folklore music; - (choirs and ensembles)
C) Folklore dances groups, authentic folklore; (folklore dance groups, ensembles)
D) Folklore dances groups; modern choreography (folklore dance groups, ensembles)
E) Folklore mix ensembles - Authentic performances; (live vocal, instrumental and dance)
F) Folklore mix ensembles - Processed performances; (live vocal, instrumental and dance)
- by all categories there is also ranking of children and young people up to 18 years. /in children's and youth groups can participate up to 30% of participants from different age /
- by all categories there is ranking adults people up 18 years.
- The duration of the program should not exceed 10 minutes.
The absolute winner will receive cash prize of 2000 euro and a diploma for the WINNER of WORLD CUP OF FOLKLORE
- The jury consists of 3 people.
- The organizers have right to offer additional cash prizes.
- First awards in the relevant categories and a diploma for the World Cup of Folklore™ for the relevant category. The champions obtain golden medals, and for the second and third place – silver and bronze medals. At jury’s decision in the single categories could be given additional golden, silver and bronze medals with the relevant diplomas.
- The jury awards the best performances with a free of charge shooting and producing of a free video clip.
- All of the participants are granted with deeds for laureates, diplomas and object – awards. The awards are granted on a ceremony during World Cup of Folklore™- Jesolo 2020, Italy
- All award winners get a free of charge copy of the TV product, which consists of their performances, and has been broadcasted in Italy or in Europe.
World Cup of Folklore™ categories are consistent with the categories of the World ranking list of folklore.
Collected points standings with odds for a World Cup of Folklore™
Points valid for World ranking list of folklore.
||Points for participation
Points by Category
Points by Grand Prix
World Cup of Folklore™
Next - 6т
Unambiguous text: The collectives or presenting organizations, if approved by the jury to participate in the World Cup of Folklore™, give the organizers the right to be recorded on video and audio, arranged in a program, presenting the fest and broadcasted by a TV channel or in some other way, for which a contract agreement will be signed.
(for participants and accompanying persons)
Participation fee includes:
- 4 days accommodation in 3 or 4-bed rooms,
- 4 days half board /italian breakfast and dinner/
- Support our staff during the festival
- Festival participation fee
*Supplement for double room – 5 euro per day per person.
*Supplement for single room – 15 euro per day per person.
* For groups of 25 participants, 26th is serviced free of charge, for the groups with over 40 participants, 41st, 42nd and 43rd are serviced free of charge.
Participation fee doesn not include:
- Personal expenses
- Facultative tours (tour of Venice, Verona, Padua, Trento, Castle of Bled in Slovenia, Austria)
- Transport, parking, insurance
- Transport from airports: /Milan, - 353 km., Bergamo - 270 km., Venice - 32 km., Treviso - 41 km. , Bologna - 196km.
*Groups arriving by air will be transported from the hotels with our bus in full team and will be accompanied to their departure in the same conditions. The transfer from the airport to the hotel and back is paid additionally.
**Every day of stay longer before or after festival has to be paid 35 euro/per person for accommodation in hotel*** basic, 40 euro per person for accommodation in hotel*** with swimming pool and 45 euro per person for accommodation in hotel*** comfort
*** Optional Tours - Seasonal prices vary according to the number of participants.
**** Invitation letter will be provided if needed
General Conditions: Any group willing to participate must submit an Application form. All filled in and signed applications will mean acceptance of the terms laid by the present regulation. The application is guaranteed by the advance payment amounting to 30% of the overall cost. This amount will not be refunded in the event of renunciation of participation. The sender covers all bank fees.
Except the participation application you have to send a creative biography of the group and some colour photos sent by e-mail
The ensembles should make rest of their payment for their stay in festival till 30th of April 2020.
Until 10th of May 2020 each group should send the list of participants, name/surname, sex, date of birth and passport number.
Any soloist/group willing to participate must submit an Application form.
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.