18 - 27 January 2021 Online
Choirs / Songs
Director: Kaloyan Nikolov
Vote for Online Participants
Euro Folk Academy
The competition is held within the framework of the Musical Feasts "Euro Folk".
With the assistance of:
World Association of Folklore Festivals – WАFF
European Association of Folklore Festivals – ЕАFF
The evaluations of performers and collectives who have participated in the competition program will be valid for the World Ranking of Folklore /World ranking list of folklore
/ in categories: A) Groups for folklore songs, authentic folklore; (choirs and choirs with accompaniment), B) Groups for folklore songs, modern arrangement of folklore music; (choirs and choirs with accompaniment) and I) Classical music/ vocals, appraisal category - International / World Cup of Folklore™ - RFS - 150.
The First Online International Vocal Competition "GOLDEN VOICE" is open to singers - individual performers, chamber vocal groups and choirs. Students from pre-professional, professional music schools (schools, conservatories, academies, universities and other institutions and organizations from all over the world), as well as non-professional performers from cultural centers, associations, clubs and others can take part in the competition.
The main idea of the competition is to reveal, support and develop the artistic potential of musicians in preserving the national heritage. Participation in this online competition will help to represent the art of music of many cultures internationally, and preparation for online participation will lead to an increase in the level of stage skills and experience of participants.
Purposes of the competition:
- drawing public attention to traditional vocal culture;
- supporting of creative and innovative activities in vocal education and upbringing;
- identification of the most gifted among young participants and support in the development of their creative potential;
- expansion of international professional contacts among leaders, conductors and teachers in the field of folk singing;
- giving a new impetus to the development of vocal traditions of the peoples of the world.
15.10.2020 - 15.01.2021 - acceptance of applications and videos
18.01.2021 - publishing the videos of all the participants and starting the online voting until 24.01.2021
25.01.2021 - meeting of the Jury commission
27.01.2021 - publishing the results from the online voting and the assessments of the jury
27.01.2021 - online meeting of the art directors and the Jury commission
Conditions for participation:
To participate in the competition, participants need accreditation, which is carried out on the following conditions:
Those wishing to participate in the competition should fill in an application for participation and send a video of their performance.
For each soloist or collective, a separate application should be filled in.
Individual performers and groups from all over the world can take part in the competition.
No age limit for participants.
Participants are responsible for complying with copyright and related rights laws.
Applications for participation are accepted until 15.01.2021.
After sending the application, you will receive a confirmation of participation.
Participants must submit one video by email or a video link to YouTube or Google Drive. It is allowed to send one link with two songs.
Requirements for video files:
- Amateur and professional videos taken no more than 2 years ago are accepted.
- For non-professional recordings, use your camera's highest resolution and shoot horizontally with a tripod. Group performances must be filmed in a general plan. Before submitting the recording, check if it has audio or video defects. Recommended video format .mp4 - 8 MB, HD.
- It is allowed to use videos filmed during festivals from the system of EAFF or other competitions and concerts.
- In the title of the video file, write the title of the work and the name of the group; for individual performers - title of the work and surname of the participant.
- Individual performers (soloists)
- Chamber groups: duo, trio, quartet and etc. (up to 12 participants)
- Choirs (over 13 participants)
Age groups of participants in the "Individual performers (soloists)" nomination:
First group: up to 6 years old;
Second group: 7 - 9 years old;
Third group: 10 - 12 years old;
Fourth group: 13 - 15 years old;
Fifth group: 16 - 18 years old;
Sixth group: 19 - 25 years old;
Seventh group: over 25 years old.
Age groups of participants in the "Chamber groups" (up to 12 participants) nomination:
First group: up to 18 years old inclusive;
Second group: over 18 years old, no age restrictions.
Age groups of participants in the "Choirs" (over 13 participants) nomination:
First group: up to 18 years old inclusive;
Second group: over 18 years old, no age restrictions.
Up to 30% of participants of different ages can participate in "Chamber groups" and "Choirs".
А) Groups for folklore songs, authentic folklore; (choirs and choirs with accompaniment)
B) Groups for folklore songs, modern arrangement of folklore music; (choirs and choirs with accompaniment)
I) Classical music/ vocals.
The category must be indicated in the application for participation.
Participant program requirements:
- Soloists – 1 or 2 performances (slow and fast song) with a total duration of up to 5 minutes.
- Chamber groups and Choirs – 1 or 2 performances (slow and fast song) with a total duration of up to 5 minutes.
Participants choose the program of the performance themselves and it should include authentic songs or songs from the processed folklore. Author's works in which a folklore theme, adapted by the author is used, are also allowed to participate.
The accompaniment of the songs can be live or on sinbeck.
Both songs must be recorded on one or two files.
For participation via video online:
- Soloist - 20 Еuro
- Chamber groups (up to 12 participants inclusive) - 35 Euro per group
- Choirs (13 participants or more) - 75 Euro per group
Additional fee: /by reqest/
Personal Diploma for partisipation in the International Vocal Competition "GOLDEN VOICE" - 2 Euro per participant /without soloists - the soloists receive a personal diploma/.
Members of the jury commission, authorized by EAFF:
Participants will be judged by a highly qualified jury, consisting of recognized cultural figures invited by the organizers.
The evaluation system is 60-point, taking the arithmetic mean of the sum of the criteria.
The jury has the right to reduce the overall score in case of non-compliance with the regulation.
The jury evaluates according to the following 3 criteria:
1. Level of complexity and technique of implementation
2. Presentation (costumes, props, staging, choice of repertoire)
3. Stage behavior (behavior, stage presence, artistry)
Participation certificates will be sent to all participants by email.
In each category and age group, depending on the level of performance and on the total score of the jury, participants receive titles:
Laureate I degree (Gold diploma) - from 150.01 to 180.00 points
Laureate II degree (Silver diploma) - from 120.01 to 150.00 points
Laureate III degree (Bronze diploma) - from 90.01 to 120.00 points
Diploma (Copper Diploma) - up to 90.00 points
The number of diplomas for laureates is not limited.
- Recomendations for partisipation in World Championship of Folklore "World Folk" 2021, European Championship of Folklore "Euro Folk" 2021 and others from the EAFF championship system.
- Special jury awards for Authentic Costume, Stage Costume, Modern Arrangement, Artistry, Soloist, Discovery, Continuity between generations and others.
The soloist, duet or group who received the title of the 1st degree Laureate (Golden Diploma) with the highest number of points upon receiving the assessment, receives the GRAND PRIX competition diploma.
State, public, creative unions, mass media, institutions, firms and individuals, in agreement with the organizing committee and the jury of the competition, may establish special prizes and awards for the participants of the competition.
The jury has the right, based on the results of the competition:
1. Do not award all awards;
2. To award special awards to the participants of the competition, which were established by state and public organizations and individuals;
3. The jury's decisions are final and not subject to change.
Videos of all participants will be published on a specially created platform on the EAFF website on 18.01.2021, from which the online voting of viewers will begin. Voting will continue until 23:59:59 CET on 24.01.2021. After this deadline, viewers' votes will not be taken into account when compiling the result. The winner will be determined by the number of audience votes. The participant/ -s with the best result will receive the "Audience Choice" Diploma.
ONLINE MEETING of art directors and participants. The team of the European Association of Folklore Festivals - EAFF understands the need for a lively connection between like-minded people and colleagues in the field of folklore arts. Given the circumstances caused by the global pandemic, the EAFF provides an opportunity to exchange experiences and ideas through an online meeting. Each leader, if he/ she wishes, will be included in the online meeting and receive an invitation to his/her email address.
By submitting the application, the Participants agree that photo and video materials with their participation will be stored in the archives and used by the organizers in the production of various information and television products in whole or in part as well as publication on the EAFF website and / or in social networks for the purpose of popularization and development of the Musical feasts "Euro Folk" as well as provide the copyright and / or related rights on the performed work, participating in the competition.
Fees for participation shall be transferred by 15.01.2021 via Bank or card.
Participants do not receive honorarium and copyrights or related rights contributions.
The costs of money transfers are paid by the sender.
Completed applications for participation mean that the conditions laid down in this regulation are accepted.