Kecskemét, Ballószög Hungary
Director: Aron Kovats
20th August is St. Stephen’s Day in Hungary and it is a public holiday. We celebrate the foundation of the Hungarian state 1000 years ago. The new bread is blessed on this day too. Around these days the Hungarians celebrate all around the country with music, dance. Traditional programs, traditional cuisine, fireworks.
This is the 16th festival when folk groups, folk dance groups arriving at our cities from all over the world. During the meeting, the groups will able to communicate through their performances, take part in various games and activities that will reinforce the message of friendship and cooperation. The festival will be broadcasted on the local TV channel.
Comprising all the beauties and values of the Great Plain, Kecskemét is situated in the middle of Hungary, 85km far from Budapest. It is the 7th largest town of Hungary with the area of 321 km2 and the population over 112,000. This town is well-known for its Apricot Pálinka, the beautiful buildings of Art Nouveau style ornamented with coloured ceramics, and also the "Kodály-method" named after Zoltán Kodály the world-famous composer who was born in Kecskemét. The seat of Bács-Kiskun county is usually called "Hírös Town" as Sándor Petőfi, the great Hungarian poet would call it. The name Kecskemét originates from the word "kecske" - meaning goat, and "mét" - meaning district.
Thanks to its favourable geographical position Kecskemét has always been the meeting point of different religions, cultures and traders of all nationalities. The city was founded at the cross-roads of ancient trading routes. In 1368 it was identified as a market-town in a charter of King Anjou Louis the Great, so Kecskemét celebrates its 650th anniversary this year with a series of programs all through the year. The development of gardening, wine-growing viniculture and fruit-growing all have led to the development of the city. The most famous product of the town is Apricot Pálinka, which is made of special tasty apricots. The cultivation of the characteristic fruit of the region started more than 100 years ago.
Dinner, free program
Back to the accommodation
After breakfast departure.
- 115 Euro per person: Student Hostel https://old.kecskemetiszc.hu/kollegium/koszonto
- 4 bedded rooms, common bathroom
- 179 Euro per person: 3* Boutiqe Hotel Center, Hotel Central https://boutiquehotelcenter.hu/en
- 2 bedded rooms
- 185 Euro per person: 3* Aqua Hotel https://aquahotelkecskemet.hu/en/5-star-service-at-3-star-price/
- 2 bedded rooms, free entry to the local Aquapark
- 205 Euro per person: 4* Aranyhomok Business City Wellness Hotel https://aranyhomok.accenthotels.com/en
- 2 bedded superior rooms
- Free use of the swimming pool, jacuzzi, Finnish sauna, infrasauna, aromatherapy steam bath, fitness room (bathrobes are provided in your room).
Participation fee includes:
- Accommodation according to the chosen options
- Meals: half board for the whole festival (2 meals / day)
- Diplomas and gifts from the city
- Official invitation
Participation fee does not include:
- Tourist tax: 2 Euro/person/day, payment on the spot
Any group willing to participate must submit an Application form.
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.