Director: Mr. Aron Kovats
20th of August is St. Stephen’s Day in Hungary and it is a public holiday. We celebrate the foundation of the Hungarian state 1000 years ago. The new bread is blessed on this day too. Around these days the Hungarians celebrate all around the country with music, dance. Traditional programs, traditional cuisine, fireworks.
This is the 14th festival when folk groups, majorettes, orchestras, choirs, brass band arriving at our cities from all around the world. During the meeting, the groups will able to communicate through their performances, take part in various games and activities that will reinforce the message of friendship and cooperation. The festival will be broadcasted on the local TV channel.
Folk dance groups, folk groups, majorettes, brass bands, orchestras, choirs
1st day: arriving at the accommodations, meeting with the organizers, guides, reviewing the next day’s programs, dinner, overnight
2nd day: breakfast in the hotel, facultative programs- refreshing at the local swimming bath, performance, dinner, overnight
3rd day: breakfast in the hotel, facultative programs: visiting the local zoo, afternoon performance on the main square of the city of Kecskemét as part of the official St Stephen’s Day, participation of all groups, dinner, closing ceremony, receiving the gifts and diplomas from the organizers and the city, fireworks, party
4th day: breakfast, departure
- 75 Euro per person - Student Hostels (common bathroom)
- 109 Euro per person - 3* Hotel (3-4 bedded rooms, supplement for a double room is 5€/person/day)
- 119 Euro per person - 4* Hotel (double rooms, free entry to the wellness center)
Participation fee includes:
Meals: half board for the whole festival (2 meals / day)
- Free entry to the local swimming bath (http://www.kecskemetifurdo.hu/)
- Free entry to the local zoo (http://www.zookecskemet.hu/)
- Diplomas and gifts from the city
- Official invitation
- Groups of 25 persons: One group leader free of charge!
Additional programs for extra charge:
- Trip to the Hungarian capital, Budapest; a 4 hours sightseeing tour with a professional tour guide in the group’s own language: Visit of the Castle Hill - Mathias Church and Fisherman's Bastion - Citadelle - Basilic - Andrássy Street - Square of Hero’s.
- Sightseeing cruise on the Danube. The air-conditioned boat is cruising from the Vigadó Square to the Margaret Bridge, then to Lágymányos Bridge, and back again to the Vigadó Square, guided by the two parts of the city "Buda" and "Pest" telling you the stories and curiosities. We offer you a welcome drink included in the ticket price.
Head-set guiding in 11 languages:
Hungarian, English (UK), German, Italian, Russian, Polish, French, Hebrew, Japanese, Chinese, Spanish
Additional days can be booked in Budapest or Kecskemét
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.