Director: Panagiotis Pagonidis
This festival is in official cooperation with the local Municipality and we are convinced that it will be held with great success, will be a great organization, with guaranteed high-quality standards, great respect for tradition and culture, will provide to the participants opportunities to learn about different cultures and people, create new friendships, exchange experiences and contacts with other folk groups. Furthermore, during your stay you will have the pleasure to enjoy the Greek hospitality, the crystal blue sea and a bright Greek sun in one of the most beautiful Greek Islands.
Rhodes (or Rhodos or Rodos) island in Greece is one of the Mediterranean's most popular resorts and a perennial holiday favorite for any lifestyle.
By far the largest island of the Dodecanese, also known as the "Island of the Sun God Helios", Rhodes combines a variety of characteristics that make it unique as a travel destination. Rhodes reveals itself to the eyes of the visitor as a magnificent explosion of colors and activities that combine a mix of interesting sights and relaxation, unique nature, learning and entertainment.
Tourism on Rhodes has a long tradition. Ever since the Italians replaced the Turks as the dominant power in the south-eastern Aegean in 1912, and after the island was returned to Greece in 1947, Rhodes has been gradually turned into an attractive tourist destination by continuous investments in tourism infrastructure, making the island one of the most highly organized travel destinations in Greece. Its beautiful beaches, its state-of-the-art buildings and hotels, its picturesque districts, its medieval buildings, its archaeological sites and its rich history contribute to its reputation as one of the most interesting and attractive urban centers of the Mediterranean region. Visit: https://rhodos.gr, https://www.rhodesguide.com/
Type of groups that can participate:
- Traditional folk dance groups and folk song groups
- Classical or Marching Bands
Conditions for participation:
- Number and age of participants is not limited. Number of participating groups is limited.
- Each group should bring a flag of their country and if available, a board with the name of their group.
- The group should prepare a 20-minute program accompanied by their own orchestra or music on CD/FLASH.
- The registration form must be sent before March 20th, 2023, to confirm participation. Once we receive your registration form, a confirmation will be sent to you along with payment instructions. To secure your entry, you are required to make a payment of only 60% of the total amount by March 30th, 2023. Upon receiving your payment, an official invitation letter will be sent to you. The balance must be paid, in cash, on the day of your arrival in Rhodos or 20 days prior via bank transfer.
Simple Registration: 30 € per person (without using our accommodation)
Full package, registration and accommodation is:
- 132 Euro per person in hotels 2* (like http://www.parthenon-hotel.eu)
- 168 Euro per person in hotels 3* (like http://athena-hotel.rhodes.hotels-rhodes.net)
- 220 Euro per person in hotels 4* (like https://www-acandia-gr)
- 230 Euro per person in hotels 5* (like https://www.rodos-palace.gr)
Participation fee (full package) includes:
- 4 days (3 nights)
- In Hotels 2*- 3* with breakfasts all days and one dinner in party day, in double/ triple bedrooms
- In Hotels 4*- 5* with breakfast and lunch (HB) all days, in double/ triple bed rooms
- Free transport from your hotel in the city of Rhodos to the performance place
- Free Traditional party with food, drink, all kinds of music, traditional dance lessons and gifts
- On the performance day water/ drink and traditional Greek delicacies - sweets will be offered
* Every 30 participants, one is free.
Participation fee does not include:
- Prolonged stay, each day costs 39 Euro in 2-3* with BB & 57 Euro in 4-5* Hotel per person, with HB
- Optional Tours. Seasonal prices vary according to the number of participants. Such tours will be available at your convenience. Special list of daily excursions will be delivered one month before arrival.
- Medical services must be covered by the group. It’s on their responsibility.
2/6/2023: Day of arrival - Check in at hotel from 01:30 p.m. – Any remaining balance must be paid this day in cash - Α representative of the organizers will meet you and give you a detailed schedule and all information’s needed. A person in charge will be provided to each group. Free time for rest, optional activities, explore the Island, swimming and walk to the market and clubs.
3/6/2023: Breakfast - Free day from morning till noon – Optional excursion - Lunch (3*-4* hotels) – Party (Glenti) free charge at 08:30 p.m. for all the groups with traditional Greek and European music and dances –dance lessons, gifts and certificates from FOLKWAY Organization - Your dinner will be served in party place.
4/6/2023: Breakfast – Optional excursion - Lunch (3*-4* hotels) - Departure from hotel at 7:00 p.m. dressed in traditional costumes and transfer to the place (Medieval Moat Theatre “Melina Merkouri” /Medieval Town of Rhodes) where the show will be held. Gifts will be offered to you by the local Municipality during the performance. During the performance also water/drink and traditional Greek delicacies - sweets will be offered.
5/6/2023: Breakfast - Departure of the groups.