Adults Childrens's Competitive nature Dances Choirs / Songs Orchestras Habits Authentic Processed Styled Pop, Jazz, Modern, Hip-hop Classical or Marching Band and Majorettes
Director: Julia Tomachkova
Albania is comfortably located on the Adriatic Sea coast between Greece and Montenegro.
Durres is a large city on the Adriatic coast with a population of 200 thousand people. Durres is often called as “Balkan pearl of the Adriatic coast” and “Albanian Italy in miniature”.
Famous cultural and art workers are invited as members of the international jury.
The main purpose of the International Competition and Festival "SUMMER STARS OF DURRES" is to search for new talented performers, to present their skills and multicultural traditions to the audience and public of Durres, to make new friends with the same interests, to enrich of the multinational culture on the basis of mutual respect for the cultural traditions of all the countries and nations of the world, to popularize the children’s and youth creative work, to improve professional skills and qualifications of teachers and art leaders.
Participation in the International Competition and Festival "SUMMER STARS OF DURRES" gives the opportunity not only to perform on stage in front of the international jury and public, but also to tan and swim in the gentle Adriatic Sea and to see the historical and cultural monuments, such as Roman amphitheater and baths, the ancient aqueduct and the 500-year-old Fatiha Mosque. The city is only 38 km from the capital of Albania - Tirana. Excursions to Berat, Shkoder, Vlora, Lake Coman, Niklä canyon, Pelumbas cave and the ancient city of Apollonia are very popular from Durres.
- MINI KIDS - from 6 to 8 years,
- CHILDREN - from 9 to 12 years,
- JUNIORS 1 - from 13 to 15 years,
- JUNIORS 2 - from 16 to 18 years,
- ADULTS 1 - from 19 years to 25 years,
- ADULTS 2 - from 26 years and older,
- SENIORS - from 50 years and older,
- MIXED GROUPS.
The Organizing Committee awards diplomas of participation, diplomas of Laureate of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd grades, Winner of the Grand Prix and festival medals to all participants. Ensembles and groups of 3 or more persons receive one big cup or trophy of the festival and Diploma, soloists and duets receive one small cup or trophy of the festival and Diploma. The absolute Winner of the festival receives the Grand Prix of the festival and Diploma Grand Prix. All teachers, choreographers, group and ensemble leaders also receive the Diplomas of Festival.
Main technical requirements:
2nd day, AUGUST 21, 2023
3rd day, AUGUST 22, 2023
4th day, AUGUST 23, 2023
5th day, AUGUST 24, 2024
- 115 Euro per person - HOTEL 3*
- 145 Euro per person - HOTEL 4*
- every 25th person in the group is free of charge (24 paying participants + 1 free)
MEMBERS OF ART GROUPS – 25 EURO per participant / main discipline
TRIOS and QUARTETS – 40 EURO per person / main discipline
SOLOISTS and DUETS – 50 EURO per person / main discipline
Participation fee includes:
- 4 overnights in DURRES in hotel cat. 3* or 4*on basis HB (breakfast and dinner). Accommodation for participants is offered in MULTI-BEDDED (QDRPL, TRPL) rooms and few DBL/TWIN (max. 2 rooms per group 42 persons) for group leaders and drivers
- Tourist tax
Participation fee does not include:
- ADDITIONAL NIGHTS: HOTEL 3* - from 30 EURO / person per night on HB HOTEL 4* - from 40 EURO / person per night on HB
- EXTRA PAYMENT for DBL/TWIN accommodation: +40 EURO per person to Festival price
- EXTRA PAYMENT for SNGL accommodation: +80 EUR per person to Festival price
- Travel expenses (transportation of participants, travel insurance and COVID tests), transfers, lunches and other meals, entrance tickets to sightseeing objects, tickets to public traffic, optional excursions