Ohrid North Macedonia
Director: Mr. Jovan Jonoski
Welcome to Ohrid, the Pearl on the Balkans, as our visitors tend to say. Ohrid is a blend of the traditional and the contemporary, the main spiritual, cultural and touristic center in Macedonia, a UNESCO World Heritage site as a cultural, and with the Ohrid Lake as a natural rarity. The numerous historical monuments found in their close surrounding speak of the tradition and dedication of the Macedonian people. You can explore the history and the culture, go shopping, go on different excursions and enjoy the gastronomy of this city. Here, as a rarity scarcely found anywhere else, the deep traces merge eras and empires, kingdoms and quests, weaving the fine thread of historical continuity on the Balkans. On the other hand, nature hasn’t spared its beauties stretched down from the lake shores and up to the Galichica Mountain on which peak one can enjoy the sight of two lakes, the Ohrid and the Prespa Lake. Explore and choose your favorite beaches and fun places for daytime or nighttime, choose a restaurant where you can eat and drink and taste the homemade food while listening to our traditional music. Visit the city museums, gates, churches and galleries. You can learn about the history of our town. Go on a tour on the lake, mountains and surrounding villages. Enjoy your stay in Ohrid! Stay as long as you can and Ohrid will stay with you forever.
Lake Ohrid straddles the mountainous border between southwestern Macedonia and eastern Albania. It is one of Europe’s deepest and oldest lakes, preserving a unique aquatic ecosystem that is of worldwide importance, with more than 200 endemic species. It came into being about three million years ago according to the latest scientific researches. It was formed in remote geological ages as a result of tectonic shifts. There are only a few lakes in the world today whose antiquity can be compared to that of Lake Ohrid. Enjoy the magnificent landscapes of a lake placed in a cradle of mountains. These landscapes change with the movement of the clouds and the reflection of the sunlight, depending on the position of the sun, in ever changing patterns that will always surprise you by its magical beauty, like a dreamy fairytale…
Festival purpose:The organizer of the festival is the Cultural Art Society "Braid". The International Folklore Festival "Days of Ohrid" is a celebration of cultural diversity which is best shown through the FOLKLORE. The main purpose of the festival is to celebrate the richness of the diverse cultural roots of different nations. Different countries will show their specific identity and the other countries will learn something more about other people’s history and customs. The main purpose of the festival is to provide a field for folk groups and singers from different countries to show the uniqueness of their folklore, to preserve and promote Macedonian folklore, tradition and cultural heritage and to provide a beautiful place like Ohrid where people from different nations will have the chance to make new friendship relationships.
General Terms and Conditions:
- Groups from all over the world can take part in this festival.
- Folk dance groups, modern dance groups, choirs, but also majorette teams and brass bands and orchestras are welcome to apply.
- The number of participants and followers is not limited.
- There is no age limit (beside youth and children participants, older or veterans also may participate).
- It is necessary to prepare minimum one program with the duration of 12 – 15 minutes per program.
- Each group should bring the national flag of the country that they represent.
- It is also necessary to visibly display panel on which the name of your group and the name of your country is inscribed.
- It is recommended that groups should bring about 12 – 15 small gifts for exchange.
- Participants can perform with orchestras (recommended) or with recorded music (on CD or USB).
- In order to participate in this festival, every group needs to fill in an application form. When applying, if possible, please provide some photos, videos or brief history of the group. These materials will be used for promotional and advertising purposes (in advertisements, fliers and posters).
- After receiving the application form and completion of advance payment, the organizer will send an official letter of invitation for participation at the Festival.
- The rest of the payment should be completed immediately after the group arrives in order to take part at the festival.
75 euro per person for 3 nights half board accommodation (breakfast and dinner)
99 euro per person for 4 nights half board accommodation (breakfast and dinner)
123 euro per person for 5 nights half board accommodation (breakfast and dinner)
89 euro per person for 3 nights full board accommodation (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
118 euro per person for 4 nights full board accommodation (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
149 euro per person for 5 nights full board accommodation (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
89 euro per person for 3 nights half board accommodation (breakfast and dinner)
118 euro per person for 4 nights half board accommodation (breakfast and dinner)
119 euro per person for 3 nights full board accommodation (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
149 euro per person for 4 nights full board accommodation (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
123 euro per person for 3 nights half board accommodation (breakfast and dinner)
159 euro per person for 4 nights half board accommodation (breakfast and dinner)
163 euro per person for 3 nights full board accommodation (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
198 euro per person for 4 nights full board accommodation (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
Festival organizers provide:
- Accommodation in hotels and apartments, according to the price selected;
- 2 double rooms per group with no supplement to be paid (one for the leaders of the group and another for the drivers of the bus). The rest of the rooms are with 3 and 4 beds;
- Tourist guides for sightseeing of the town (on request only);
- Advertising of the festival (press conference, radio, TV channels, posters and flyers);
- Professional sound equipment: (2 bass speakers, 4 satellite speakers, 2 monitor speakers…);
- Professional light equipment;
- Certificates for participation in the festival;
- Drinks during the performance;
- Souvenir and gift for each group;
- DVD and photos of the festival.
Participation fee does not include:
- On request, a professional tour guide can be hired to accompany the group on their excursions, but the travel guide expenses will be covered by the group.
- Health insurance (First Aid and Medical Hospital will be available, medical services must be covered by the group).
- Parking for the bus in the center of the town.
- Macedonian tourist tax (0.70 cents Euro per person per day).
Arriving in Ohrid, hotel accommodation;
Meeting with the organizer in order to discuss details about the festival;
Lunch in hotel (if FB) and free activities (swimming in Ohrid Lake);
Dinner in hotel;
Ohrid sightseeing: At the Monument of the City Center (St.Clement), National workshop for hand made paper, St. Sofia church, Antique theatre, Samoil fortress (1Euro), Plaosnik (2 Euro), Kaneo church;
Lunch in the hotel (if FB) and free activities (swimming);
Dinner in hotel.
Breakfast in the hotel;
Cruising with boat on Lake Ohrid to st. Naum monastery (8 Euro);
Parade and performance of the participants (First festival evening);
Dinner in the hotel.
Sightseeing of the ethno village "ANDREVCI" village Godivje - visit of cultural and historical monuments, monastery "St. Gjorgjija, 13th century", church of St. Spas, visit to Ethno Museum (entrance 2 Euro), with the possibility for everyone who enters the Museum to get a free drink: Brandy, Wine or juice. Lunch in the Ethno village "ANDREVCI" for those who are with full board, for those who are half board - they can order lunch on favorable terms.
Checking out of Hotels.
Skopje tour - sightseeing the city center with all the monuments: Porta Macedonia, City square, visiting Skopje Fortress, Skopje old bazaar (optional: lunch), Stone Bridge, Memorial House of St. Mother Teresa, Daut Pasha Hamam.
*The organizer reserves the right to change the festival program.
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.