Nizhny Novgorod Russia
Director: Alexandra Borisova
until 25 November 2022
- Folklore - theatrical performances, rituals, unique original genres - epic, legends, throat singing and others.
- Vocal - authentic, folk, folk in modern arrangement in any genre: classical academic singing, pop singing, jazz, etc.
- Folk instruments - orchestras, ensembles of folk instruments and individual performers
- Choreography - folk dance, folk stylized dance, ethnic dance, modern dance, pop dance, dance show
- Fashion theaters - national costume, ready-to-wear, evening wear, historical costume, modern costume, fancy dress
- 7-9 years old
- 10-12 years old
- 13-16 years old
- 45 and over
Rounds of the prize:
- I ROUND-Qualifying. All participants of the Prize who have submitted an application participate in the I ROUND. According to the results of the I ROUND in each nomination and age category, the titles of Laureates of I, II, III degrees, as well as the title of Diploma winners are awarded.
- II ROUND-Super final. Only 14 nominees for the FOLK STAR Prize, who scored the most points, are allowed in the II ROUND. During the Gala Concert the battle for the absolute winners of the II International Award in the field of Performing Arts "FOLK STAR" is held. The Grand Jury, consisting of the Professional and Honorary Juries, determines the absolute winners.
According to the voting results, 7 Prize nominees become GRAND PRIX winners, and 7 Prize nominees, who are absolute winners, are awarded the FOLK-STAR titles in the following nominations:
- To participate in the Prize, you must submit an application before November 25 and pay the festival participation fee.
- Online participants have to send a video of performance.
- Both amateur and professional children's, youth and adult dance ensembles, choirs, vocal ensembles, soloists, instrumental groups, folklore groups, fashion theatres performing works based on national (folk, folklore) material of any country both authentic and in modern arrangement are invited to participate in the Prize.
- Each participant of the I ROUND performs 1 competitive work based on the national (folk, folklore) material of any country, both in authentic and modern arrangement.
- Participants of the 2nd ROUND-Super final perform 1 competitive work.
- Both amateur and professional videos can participate. The shooting might be carried out on stage or home premises, as well as video from another competition or concert is allowed.
- Videos should be recorded without editing in one frame.
- Orientation - landscape.
- Only the competitive performance of the participants is presented on the video (full concert or video clips as well as video-presentations are not allowed).
- The faces, hands, feet of all participants in the video should be clearly visible.
- The video recording must be the original without the use of filters and other methods of correction or editing.
- By sending a link to the video, the participant automatically confirms his/her consent to the use of the material by third parties (organizers, jury members, other participants of the competition), as well as to post the video on the organizer’s website. The participant is responsible for complying with copyright laws and correctness of the materials provided.
- The file name must be made in the following form: City - Team - Number name. For example: India-Royal Folk-Bhangra
- To identify the winners of the Prize, a Grand Jury consisted of a Professional and Honorary Jury is created. Grand Jury includes cultural and art figures, famous artists, art-directors, teachers, representatives of creative, public and government organizations in Russia and foreign countries.
- The professional jury selects the laureates and diploma winners of the 1st ROUND. Performances are evaluated on a 10-point system.
- The Honorary Jury, together with the Professional Jury, selects 7 absolute winners of the Prize by voting.
- The list of members of the Grand Jury is not disclosed until the start of the competition.
- The Chairman of the Professional Jury is also the Chairman of the Grand Jury and has the right to 2 votes in case of a dispute.
- The professional jury may decide to cancel the competition in one of the nominations or combine the age categories specified in this regulation due to an insufficient number of applications submitted.
- The decision of the Grand Jury is final and not subject to discussion.
- Technique of performance - the level of skill and artistry, the degree of mastery of the techniques of folk performance;
- Artistic impression - the artistic value of the repertoire (ethnographic accuracy or dignity of processing or stylization of a work), reflection of the national material and its unique regional features, conformity of styles, manners of performance of national oral, musical, singing, dance traditions;
- Presentation - the artistic level of design (costumes, props) and its compliance with national traditions, the use of traditional musical instruments;
- Difficulty of performance and compliance of the repertoire with age
- All Laureates and Folk Star winners are awarded with diplomas.
- The best groups and individual performers are invited to participate in tours and folklore festivals in Russia and abroad on a free or preferential basis.
- Soloist – 19 euro
- Duet – 30 euro
- Trio – 36 euro
- Quartet – 40 euro
- Ensemble from 5 participants – 6 euro per person
an international diploma
the letter of thanks to the Art Director
Registration to the festival will be made after 100% prepayment is made to the Organizer's account.
If the festival package fee is paid by an organization, you must provide details of the legal entity.
In case of refusal to participate in the Prize or non-attendance, prepayment is not refundable.