Adults Childrens's Dances Choirs / Songs Orchestras Habits
Director: Rea Madella Ioannidou
The Cultural Heritage Association of Nicosia in cooperation with Larnaka Municipality is organizing the 16th Mediterranean Folklore Dance, Choirs and Band Festival in Larnaka and Nicosia, Cyprus from 14th to 19th of September, 2023.Groups from countries from all over the world and from Cyprus will be chosen to participate at the Festival. Our Festival has been Awarded in 2019 with the EFFE award as one of the best folklore dance festivals in Europe. It is about the commingling of cultures with live music and musicians, synthesis of colours and original traditional costumes. It is an institution that fosters mutual interaction and cultural exchange, it is a matter educating culture. This festival is the product of the desire and love of the friends of the foklore dance and heritage. They give people the opportunity to meet and coexist through music and dance from other countries.
Conditions for participation:
- All folklore dance groups from Mediterranean countries may participate, but we are also accepting folklore dance groups from anywhere in the world, as we want to give the opportunity to anyone that wishes to join.
- All members (Leaders, dancers, musicians and extra people joining) must follow to Covid-19 guidlines according to the Cypriot government. Ofcourse, everything depends on the spread of Covid-19 by that time.
- The organisers of the festival are not responsible for providing any Visas to International individuals (outside the EU) that are applying for the festival. So make sure you get in contact with the embassy in time before your arrival. We can only provide help with communication.
- Maximum dance group, choir and band members is twenty-four (24). For music bands the minimum number of members is twelve (12). (Please note that we encourage music to be live for dance groups and choirs, not from a CD). If groups however wish to bring more members then it is permitted, just contact us. We encourage dance groups to bring their own traditional choirs and bands if any available in their own company. In this case, the maximun number of participants including all, dance, choir and band members of the same group, will be sixty (6o) people.
- We will be accepting groups from the age of sixteen (16) year old.
- Groups interested for participating must send a DVD of their own work, along with a biography of their group and CV.
- Participants: 220 Euro per person - 5 FB (full board) - Every member of the Dance group, including musicians must pay a participation fee of 220 euros per person which you must pay in advance.
- Accompanying people: 250 Euro per person - 5 FB (full board) - Any extra people that wish to join the group for purposes of visiting Cyprus and have fun during the days of the festival as escorts of the group must pay 250 euros per person. They will also receive the same benefits described.
- Free accommodation: The Leader of all groups will be our guest and therefore not pay the registration fee. You are also welcomed to bring representatives from your country; that may be the Mayor of your town or a professional well-known journalist that may want to cover the promotion of Cyprus to their country. They will also be our guests and not pay any fees.
Participation fee includes:
- Accomodation in Hotel Apartments of 1-2-3-4 bedrooms or 3-4 star hotel rooms for 2-3-4 persons in a room. People who want accomodation in a single or double room should pay the difference of the price. A single room costs 35 euro per person per night and a double costs 25 euro per person per night extra
- 3 buffet meals per day
- Internal Transportation (transfers from airport to hotel and back, or transportations from and to venues if needed)
- Free entrance to venues and archaeological museums.
- Free mini cruise, party on boat and diving
- Traditional Parties with free food and drinks
- Day trip tour to Nicosia
- Presents and Tshirt
- We can organise extra excursions for each group for a small fee for the transportation
- We are NOT responsible for the expenses for your transportation to Cyprus (airplane tickets, lateral flow tests if needed, etc.)
Any group willing to participate must submit an Application form.
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.