Costa Brava Spain
Director: Natalia Kazlova
Objectives of the festival:
- Creating a creative atmosphere for professional networking of participants of the festival, exchange of experiences and repertoire.
- Joint performances of professional and amateur choral collectives from around the world.
- Creating a networking atmosphere between participants of the festival and the audience to create future contacts in the field of choral singing.
- Discovery of new names and talents in the field of choral singing.
- Involvement of music producers and managers to organize follow-concert activities of participants.
Participants of the Festival:
- Children’s choirs (6 - 14 years)
- Youth choirs (15 till 25 years)
- Women choirs (26 years and more)
- Men choirs (26 years and more)
- Mixed choirs
- Vocal ensembles
- Academic singing
- Church (spiritual) singing
- Folklore singing
- Gospel music
Conditions of participation:
- Participants should present two performances of different character with the total duration of 10 minutes;
- It is possible to perform with musical accompaniment or a cappella;
- Performances should meet generally accepted standards of stage culture;
- Participants should bring their own musical instruments and bear all costs associated with their transportation.
The organisational committee of the competition chooses the members of the international jury. The jury rates the performances of the competition by voting secretly on a scale of one to ten. The main evaluation criteria judges on the executive level skills.
Technical skills: Intonation, rhythmics, phrasing, build, ensemble, execution accuracy of the musical text and pronunciation.
Artistic skills: Tempo, dynamics, text interpretation, emotion, expressiveness, stylistic fidelity and quality sounding of the chorus.
Program presentation: Selection of repertoire, complexity of execution, general impression for collective and appearance (suits).
Prizes and awards of the festival:
All participants of the competition are awarded with international diplomas.
- Grand Prix possessor
- 1st degree winner
- 2nd degree winner
- 3rd degree winner
- Award winner
- Participant of the competition
Day 5: Breakfast. Departure (Room Check-out till 10am). Transfer to airport.
* All excursions on request and for an additional payment.
* The organizers reserve the right to cancel the Festival 30 days before the start of the festival week in case the minimum number of participants is missing. In the case of contributions already paid, the amount will be reimbursed in full to the participants.
- Accommodation in 3/4 room - 215 Euro per person (additional day - 30 €/ person)
- Accommodation in double room - 235 Euro per person (additional day - 37 €/ person)
- Accommodation in single room - 300 Euro per person (additional day - 44 €/ person)
- Groups of 25 persons: One group leader free of charge!
Duets, small groups (3-5 people): 20€/ person
Participation in additional category: 10€/ person
Participation fee includes:
Stay in a 3 stars hotel in double-, triple- or quarter rooms (5 days/4 nights). The hotel is located 60 km from Barcelona Airport and 35 km from Girona Airport. It is located in the city center, 800 meters from a beach;
Breakfast and dinner. Drinks can be ordered for an additional payment. If you would like a three times food service it can be arranged for an extra payment;
Prizes and gifts;
Diplomas and gifts from the city;
An official invitation;
Groups of 25 persons: One group leader free of charge!
Opportunity to visit the best places in Costa Brava (a big spectrum of excursions is offered for an additional payment);
Participation in welcoming evening where participants get to know each other and present their group;
Master classes possibility, additional holidays before or after the festival.
Participation fee doesn't include:
Transfer Barcelona/ Girona Airport - hotel - Barcelona/ Girona Airport. If you wish, we can arrange a transfer for an additional payment. Participants arriving separately should pay separately;
Tourist Tax. 0,50€/ person/ night. Only for people who are 17 years old and older. The tourist tax has to be paid to the hotel at the check-in.
- 4 hours on a sailing catamaran "Sensation" (includes food and drinks + swimming in a wild bay);
- Excursion to Barcelona + musical fountains;
- Excursion to the Montserrat monastery;
- Knights tournament at the 18th century medieval castle;
- Show Flamenco "Noche Espanyola";
- Theme park "Port Aventura";
- Excursion to Girona and famous Dali Museum.
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.