Director: Mr Stratos Tsichlas
until 19 March 2020
The Festival is dedicated to Peace, Friendship, Collaboration, Brotherhood and Solidarity of people.
On behalf of the Board of Choir "KORAIS"
Conditions of the festival:
No competitive character.
Audience prize will be given after voting
All kinds of choirs (children youth, adult, female, male and mixed) can participate.
Dancing performances choreographies that ac-company the choirs are welcome.
Dance schools or dancers' groups are welcome to participate with choreographies inspired from the world Musical reper-toire.
- The main perfor-mance will take place at Aristotle Universi-ty of Thessaloniki - Ceremony Hall 1.100 seats situated in the center of the city.
- The Festival Open-ing Ceremony will take place on Satur-day 9 May 2020 in the morning, at the Roman Agora Forum, with the participation of all the choirs (you must sing 2 songs of free choice).
Arrival and departure
- Arrival in Thessaloni-ki on Friday 8 May 2020.
- Departure on Mon-day 11 May 2020, after breakfast.
Conditions for participation:In each concert 2 honory diplomas will be awarded. The audience prize and the artistic committee prize.
The accommodation of the choirs will be in double rooms, in hotels in the city of Thessaloniki.
For every group of 20 people one person in double room free of charge will be provided.
Two meals a day (breakfast and dinner) will be offered .
On Sunday the 10 of May 2020 at night there is going to be a traditional Greek party with full food and drinks where each choir can present dances and songs from the place of its origin.
The choirs from abroad will be escorted by an English speaking person.
Sightseeing around Thessaloniki one of the days at noon.
Α memorabilia symbol of the Greek civilization Peace and Friendship will be given to choirs.
Print festival material to all choirs will be provided.
All choirs will receive a diploma of participation.
- 140 Euro per person - 3*** Hotel, 3 nights in double room, halfboard basis
- 160 Euro per person - 4**** Hotel, 3 nights in double room, halfboard basis
- 180 Euro per person - 5***** Hotel, 3 nights in double room, halfboard basis
- Tourism program can be available in agreement with the organizers.
- At your leisure you can visit resorts in neighbouring prefectures of Thessaloniki, like the beautiful crystal clear beaches Chalkidiki and Pieria, the city of Edessa with its waterfalls, you can visit the mount a in Ol ympus and a l so the unique archaeological sites of Vergina, Dion or Pella.
- You may rent a coach for your optional excursions outside Thessaloniki.
- The choirs who wish to take lunch, will have a discount at the price of the lunch at the hotel they are staying or could have a meal in city restaurants suggested by the Organizing Committee, at reasonable prices.
- The choirs can arrive earlier or extend their stay in Thessaloniki upon agreement for the extra cost. The cost varies depending on the choice of the hotel class as follows.
- The choirs, who apart from the English speaking escort would like to have a guide for their tour in the city they have to ask it from the Organizing Committee and it is going to be on their own cost.
- Entrance tickets to museums or leisure activities are not included in the participation price.
- Choirs coming by airplane and will require bus transportation they will be charged with an extra fee.
The Artistic Committee of the Festival will select the choirs that will participate and they will be informed the soonest possible.
We look forward to meet you in Greece in May!!!
Any group willing to participate must submit an Application form.
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.