Director: Mr Stratos Tsichlas
We have the honor to invite you to Thessaloniki in May 2019 to participate to the 9th World Choir Festival on Musicals. Thessaloniki, the city of 2.300 years of history and civilization, the multicultural city of the Mediterranean and the Balkans, invites you to visit it and live together with choristers from other nations the most wonderful moments of Musicals.
The "KORAIS" Choir guarantee an unforgettable accommodation and hospitality at the highest level in our city that will satisfy any touristic, archaeological and recreational interest for every demanding visitor. The World Choir Festival of Musicals will be dedicated always to Peace, Friendship, Collaboration, Brotherhood and Solidarity of people.
We are waiting for you to a unique Festival with quality performances that will include polyphonic singing, dancing and pleasant happenings based on melodies from the most well known Musicals that we all loved. We look forward to meet you in our historical city to this World Celebration of Musicals!
Conditions of the festival:
- The Festival does not have a competitive character.
- All kinds of choirs (children, youth, adult, female, male and mixed) can participate.
- Dancing performances-choreographies that accompany the choirs are welcome.
- For the first time, the 6th Festival gives the opportunity to dance schools or dancers' groups to participate with choreographies inspired from the world Musical repertoire.
- The main performance will take place at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki - Ceremony Hall 1.100 seats situated in the center of the city.
- Starting time of the performances daily 20.00.
- If a choir wants, can give a second concert in other suitable place of the city, with a repertoire of its own choice.
Conditions for participation:
- The choirs who desire hospitality, will have to arrive in Thessaloniki on Friday 10 May 2019, at noon.
- All choirs will have to depart on Monday 13 May 2019, after breakfast.
- During the performance, each choir had to interpret five (5) songs of which three (3) at least should be Musicals while the other two (2), free choice. Of course the free choice songs should be consistent with the character of the Festival. They could originate from pop music, jazz or from cinema soundtracks.
- Sunday morning on 12 May the Festival schedule is free. Choirs that do not include Musicals in their repertoire, could participate with a repertoire of their own choice.
- The Organizing Committee of the Festival reserves the exclusive right for radio or television broadcasting and for the recording, filming or photographing of the Festival without any compensation to the participants (choirs - choir conductors - choir members). The choirs participating will obtain the audiovisual material (DVD-Photos) free of charge from the Organizing Committee.
- The repertoire of the choirs that will be sent and accepted can not be replaced without prior approval of the Artistic Committee.
- The choirs that wish to use other instruments apart from the piano, or they have soloists, they will have to inform the Organizing Committee timely.
- The day and the order of appearance of each choir will be determined by the Organizing Committee and the choirs will be timely informed for this.
- The choirs should submit to the Organizing Committee a copy of the music works (scores) to the performed.
- The accommodation of the choirs will be in double rooms, in hotels in the city of Thessaloniki.
- For every group of 20 people one person in double room free of charge will be provided.
- Two meals a day (breakfast and dinner) will be offered.
- On Sunday the 12 of May at night there is going to be a tradi-tional Greek party with full food and drinks where each choir can present dances and songs from the place of its origin.
- The choirs from abroad will be escort-ed by an English speaking person.
- Sightseeing around Thessaloniki one of the days at noon.
Α memorabilia symbol of the Greek civilization Peace and Friendship will be given to choirs.
Print festival material to all choirs will be provided.
All choirs will receive a diploma of participation.
- 140 Euro per person - 3*** Hotel, 3 nights in double room, halfboard basis
- 160 Euro per person - 4**** Hotel, 3 nights in double room, halfboard basis
- 180 Euro per person - 5***** Hotel, 3 nights in double room, halfboard basis
- Tourism program can be available in agreement with the organizers.
- At your leisure you can visit resorts in neighbouring prefectures of Thessaloniki, like the beautiful crystal clear beaches Chalkidiki and Pieria, the city of Edessa with its waterfalls, you can visit the mount a in Ol ympus and a l so the unique archaeological sites of Vergina, Dion or Pella.
- You may rent a coach for your optional excursions outside Thessaloniki.
- The choirs who wish to take lunch, will have a discount at the price of the lunch at the hotel they are staying or could have a meal in city restaurants suggested by the Organizing Committee, at reasonable prices.
- The choirs can arrive earlier or extend their stay in Thessaloniki upon agreement for the extra cost. The cost varies depending on the choice of the hotel class as follows.
- The choirs, who apart from the English speaking escort would like to have a guide for their tour in the city they have to ask it from the Organizing Committee and it is going to be on their own cost.
- Entrance tickets to museums or leisure activities are not included in the participation price.
- Choirs coming by airplane and will require bus transportation they will be charged with an extra fee.
The Artistic Committee of the Festival will select the choirs that will participate and they will be informed the soonest possible.
We look forward to meet you in Greece in May!!!
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.