Contact person: Murat Erdem
until 20 April 2020
- INTERNATIONAL FOLK DANCE COMPETITION is competitive folk dance event for all age and style groups. It is open for all amateur and professional dancers. All ensemble, schools, clubs, unions, studios or individuals have right to participate.
- International Dance Open is a family event. There will be no tolerance for inappropriate language, songs, costuming or gestures. All choreography and content must be appropriate for family audiences and any content considered to be in poor taste or failure to comply with any of the above will result in performance or studio disqualification.
- Organizer reserves the right to change the schedule or cancel any competition if necessary.
- SPORTSMANSHIP: All competitors, teachers, studios owners, family members and audience members are required to show respect, courtesy and sportsman-like behavior to all competitors, staff, teachers, choreograph etc. at all times during the competition. We aim to create a healthy competitive environment in which dancers can enjoy themselves while gaining valuable performance experience as well learning the nature of healthy competition and enjoying their experience. We reserve the right to remove anyone from an event if he/she is hindering the achievement of any of the above goals.
- Contestants and teachers, by virtue of entering International Dance Open, give their permission and consent to the directors of the event to use their images, photographs & videos to appear on television, or any other electronic media for advertising, news coverage or any other commercial use of our events.
- Any performer competing in a dance competition takes certain inherent risks. These include, but are not limited to sprains, bruises, pulled muscles, and broken bones.
- Participation in this competition indicates the acceptance of such risks by performers.
- Therefore by virtue of entering this event, it is agreed that participants will not hold Organizing committee, its officers, directors, officials, staff or employees responsible for injuries sustained or illnesses contracted by them while in attendance and/or participating in any activity related to Organizing committee.
- Group 4-10 people
- Formation 11-15 people
- Production 16 people and more
III. STYLIZED FOLKLORE.
Competition Performance should be min 6 minutes – max 8 minutes.
All music files has to be in mp3 format. Every music number must be provided on USB also as a backup in case of a malfunction.
Jury and awards:
Adjudication: Organizer will provide only competent judges. Our panel will consist of teachers, choreographers, and working professionals that are well versed in all categories of dance. Routines will be scored and critiqued from each judge. All judging results are FINAL and non-negotiable.
- Technique - 50%
- Execution/Musicality - 25%
- Choreography/Showmanship - 15%
- Overall Appearance - 10%
A protest may only be initiated by a Studio Director/Teacher. It must be signed and submitted in writing to the director of the show within 30 minutes of the incident involved.
All complaints must be made in writing, scanned and e-mailed to the supervisor of the competition within 7 days of the last day of the competition.
Every contestant is going to receive a medal and a diploma. First three places in all categories. There will be special awards for the best music and costume.
GALA NIGHT AWARDS
Conditions for participation:
- After the application, the group must send minimum 6 digital pictures and a short description as well as videos or links and descriptions of your performances.
- The number of participants are limited - 40 people in total.
- Dancers (except accompanying people) must be between 14-45 years old.
- The groups are requested to arrive in Arsuz on 02 JUNE 2021 - 12:00 and depart on 06 JUNE 2021 - 12:00, after breakfast.
- Each group should bring flags of their countries with them.
- Organizers prefer dance groups with live music but recorded music is also acceptable.
- 75 Euro per person - accommodation in a camp for 4 nights with 3 meals per day (breakfast, lunch and dinner.)
- Each group will have 2 free of charge members (2 free of charge for 35 pax., less than 35 - 1 free)
- The Groups will stay at Youth Camp (https://youtu.be/YEjsNndyzAg).
Participation fee includes:
- Organizational expenses
- Gifts provide for each person is an attendance certificate.
- Pocket money will not be paid to the groups by the Committee. 200 Lt. Diesel will be given for these activities to each bus. (If groups came by bus)
Any group willing to participate must submit an Application form.
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.