Targu Mures - Tarnaveni Romania
Director: Mr. Vasile Trimbitas
Location: Târgu Mureș (Wikipedia)
The lnternational Folklore Festival "FOLK FRIENDS - TOGETHER" is a celebration of cultural diversity which is the best shown through the FOLKLORE. The main purpose of the festival is to celebrate the richness of the diverse cultural roots of different countries. Different countries will show their specific identity and the other countries will learn something more about other people's history and customs. The main purpose of the festival is to provide a field for folk groups and singers from different countries to show the uniqueness of their folklore, to preserve and promote the folklore, tradition and cultural heritage and to provide a beautiful place like Romania where people from different nations will have the chance to make new friendships.
Participants in the festival:
- The Ensemble taking part in the Festival should not outnumber 40 persons (including: leaders, drivers, interpreters and other people). Groups exceeding this number should not be admitted to take part.
- The Ensemble should give two performances daily and/or in the evening on the open-air and indoor stages and to take part in the processions along the streets of the town. Performances are usually between 5-10-15 minutes. The Ensemble may be asked to perform in some venues where it is not appropriate for the whole group to appear. Information on the group’s suitability for such performances would be useful.
- There is no age limit of the participants
- The festival accepts for participation folklore ensemble, dances, singing groups and orchestras.
- There is no age limit: adults, young people and children.
- The Festival expects the Ensemble to arrive at the hotel up to 12:00 a.m. on 16 August (Thursday) and to leave on 20 August (Monday) 2018.
- The Ensemble must not make any other engagements within the festival period and should take part in rehearsals and concert/s, included in the festival program.
- The Festival provides a bus from the Cluj Napoca/Sibiu airport to the festival office for the groups out of Europe, which come by plane and the fuel costs are at the Festival charge.
- The Festival will pay the fuel costs for the period 16.08.- 20.08.2018 on the base of covered kilometers on the territory of festival, accordingly program, excluding those under art. 5.
- The Ensemble grants gratuitously to the Festival its copyright to broadcast live and make audio-visual recordings (for radio and television) of the performances given by the Ensemble during the festival.
- The Ensemble must inform the Festival of his confirmed travel arrangements as well as about the visa procedure (if needed) not later than 31 May 2018.
- The Festival should be responsible for arranging medical care in an emergency and for any injuries that take place during the festival. The Festival is not responsible for providing medical care before its beginning.
- The Ensemble must strictly observe the festival program schedule as well as the duration of its concert performances. The Ensemble can perform at other venues only after an agreement with the Festival.
- The Ensemble may be programmed to appear at various promotional events in Tarnaveni - Targu Mures and nearby towns.
- The Ensemble must bring a national flag of its country.
- The Ensemble should perform under the accompaniment of live or recorded music. The Festival will provide a sound equipment whenever appropriate.
- The Festival provides for all groups spare time for rest when a cultural and tourist program will be proposed to participants.
- The Director of the Ensemble is responsible for the discipline of the group’s members, including the punctuality regarding the program, good relations with the other groups, as well as the artistic quality of the group, corresponding to the submitted publicity materials.
- Every special need and requirement will be considered according to the circumstances.
- 150 euro/person
- In a group of 20 persons -1 person free of charge (19+1 free; 38+2 free)
Participation fee includes:
- Accommodation in a hotel (3***) in rooms for 2/3 persons
- Meals (FB: breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- The Festival will provide a guide-interpreter for each ensemble, in English.
- All groups will receive a plaque and diploma for their participation. An exchange of souvenirs with the organizers and local authorities is expected.
The participation fee does not include:
- The Festival does not undertake to provide accommodation and meals after the end of the Festival. The groups should leave the hotel on 20 August, after breakfast.
- The Ensemble is obliged to make medical insurance for the members of the group for the whole festival period, which should be submitted at the frontier-post when crossing the border of Romania
NOTE!!! The organizer reserves the right to make changes in the program depending on the situations that come across. The evolutions on stage will be broadcasted LIVE on the internet and direct on local TV channels.
Any group willing to participate must submit an Application form.
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.