Costa Brava Spain
Director: Mrs. Natalia Kazlova
International Festival-Contest "Under the Spanish sky"
INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL COMPETITION OF CHOREOGRAPHY, SONG, MUSICAL
INSTRUMENTS AND ORIGINAL GENRE
Spain. Costa Brava
June 18th - 22nd 2023
The Festival will be held on the territory of Spain, on the famous and one of the most visited coast of the country – Costa Brava. The International Festival "Under the Spanish sky" is a festival of various art genres: dance, music, theatre, visual arts, photography, magic tricks, circus art, martial arts, etc. The festival is open to groups and soloists from art schools, academies, studios, children's and youth centers, children, teenagers and adults without age limit. The purpose of this Festival is to come together and to get to know different cultures and types of creativity.
Purpose and primary goals of festival:
- Revival, preservation and development of national cultures.
- Acquaintance with the best creative associations, establishment of contacts between collectives, exchange of a creative experience.
- Support and development of young creativity.
- Choreographic Art (Groups, Collectives, Ensembles, Show-entertainers, Soloists, etc.)
- Classical Dance
- Ballroom Dance
- Modern Dance (Jazz, Modern, Neoclassical, etc.)
- National Dance (Folk Dance)
- Pop Dance
- Social Dances (Swing, Argentine tango, Zoug, Kizomba, Bachata, Salsa, Samba, Merengue, Reggaeton, Hustle, etc.).
- Mixed styles of Dance
- Instrumental Music (Ensembles, Orchestras, Quartettes, Trios, Duettes and Individual performers)
- Modern Music
- Pop Music
- National Music
- Classical Music
- Ethnical Music, etc.
- Vocal (Choirs, Ensembles of different styles of execution, Quartettes, Trios, Duettes and Soloists)
- Church choirs
- Rap, etc.
- Photography/ Video, Design
- Arts and Crafts
- Theater Fashion
- Art of creative word
- Theatrical Art
- Musicals and musical theatre productions
- Mixed Music and Dance groups
- Other types of Art
* Children, adult creative groups and individual performers with no age limit can take part in the Festival.
- 4 - 8 years
- 9 - 13 years
- 14 - 19 years
- 20 years and over
Conditions of participation in festival:
- Every group and participant must prepare 2 acts (max 8 minutes together).
- Participants should prepare necessary background music of the performance and must provide high quality background music for the performances on a CD or memory stick.
- Each number should be recorded on a separate carrier with a written performance name, group name or performers name.
- The Organizing Committee reserves the right to use and distribute audios, recordings, prints and other sorts of production produced during the competition period.
- The group leaders bear full responsibility for the members of the group during the festival and free time.
- Stage presence and technicality
Compositional approach to performance
Artistic disclosure of culture
Level of difficulty of executive performance
The organizational committee of the competition chooses the members of the international jury.
The jury rates the performances of the competition by voting secretly on a scale of one to ten.
The main evaluation criteria judges on the executive level and skill.
Prizse and awards of the festival:
All participants of the competition are awarded with international diplomas.
The participants of the competition are given the following titles:
Grand Prix possessor
1st degree winner
2nd degree winner
3rd degree winner
Participant of the competition
- Winners of the competition are awarded with corresponding certificates, confirming the title. Sponsors have the right to set up additional prizes and awards independently from the rewarding jury.
Preliminary festival program:
1st DAY – Participants’ arrival, organizational meeting with Organizing Committee of Festival and group leaders.
2nd DAY – Welcome day of the participants where they get to know each other. Exchange of experiencia, Master-clases.
3rd DAY – Contest day, performance of the participants according to the program established by the organizing committee. Festival March to the venue.
4th DAY – Gala Concert (Demonstration of the best performances, delivery of diplomas and awards).
5th DAY – Departure of participants (checkout before 10am).
* The program can be changed.
* All excursions on request and for an additional payment.
* The organizers reserve the right to cancel the Festival 30 days before the start of the festival week in case the minimum number of participants is missing. In the case of contributions already paid, the amount will be reimbursed in full to the participants.
- 220 Euro per person in a triple room (additional night - 40 Euro per person)
- 245 Euro per person in a double room (additional night - 45 Euro per person)
- 335 Euro per person in a single room (additional night - 55 Euro per person)
- Groups of 25 persons: One group leader free of charge!
- Duets, small groups (3-5 people): 20€/ person
- Participation in additional category – 10€/ person
Participation fee includes:
- 5 days/ 4 nights in a 3*** hotel in triple or quadruple rooms. The hotel is located 60 km from Barcelona Airport and 35 km from Girona Airport. It is located in the city centre;
- 3x food service per day (Buffet);
- Prizes and gifts;
- International Diplomas;
- Diplomas and gifts from the city;
- An official invitation;
- Groups of 25 persons: One group leader free of charge!
- Opportunity to visit the best places in Costa Brava (a big spectrum of excursions is offered for an additional payment);
- Participation in welcoming evening where participants get to know each other and present their group;
- Master classes possibility, additional holidays before or after the festival.
Participation fee doesn't include:
- Medical insurance;
- Transport charges;
- Transfer Barcelona/ Girona Airport – hotel – Barcelona/ Girona Airport. If you wish, we can arrange a transfer for an additional payment. Participants arriving separately should pay separately.
The price is 0,50€/ person/ night. This is only for people who are 17 years old and older.
4 hours rest on a sailing catamaran "Sensation", includes food and drinks + swimming in a wild bay;
Excursion to Barcelona + musical fountains;
Excursion to the Montserrat monastery;
Knights tournament at the 18th century medieval castle (with dinner or just drinks);
Show Flamenco "Noche Espanyola";
Theme park "Port Aventura";
Excursion to Girona and famous Dali Museum.
Any group willing to participate must submit an Application form.
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.