Director: Mrs. Julia Tomachkova
XVIII. International Folklore, Dance and Music Festival and Competition "WIENER STERNE / VIENNA STARS" is held in Vienna - the world capital of music, waltz, palaces and parks - twice a year: in late March and early November. The festival is an important event in the cultural life of Vienna and has won recognition from all over the world. More and more participants are attracted and the geography of the participating countries is constantly growing. Famous Austrian cultural and art workers are invited as members of the international jury. The main purpose of the XVIII. International Folklore, Dance and Music Festival and Competition "WIENER STERNE / VIENNA STARS" is to bring new interesting young talents of the world together, to present their skills and cultural traditions to the audience and public, to make new friends with the same interests, to enrich of the multinational culture on the basis of mutual respect for the cultural traditions of all the countries and nations of the world, to popularize the children’s and youth creative work, to improve professional skills and qualifications of teachers and art leaders. Participation in the art festival "WIENER STERNE / VIENNA STARS" gives an opportunity to perform in the best concert halls of Vienna and to demonstrate creative results to the jury and Viennese audience! The brightest stars of Vienna take part in the GALA CONCERT OF THE VIENNA STARS WINNERS!!!
All participants should prepare a competitive program within the time limits specified for each competitive discipline: 7 minutes for soloists, duets and small formations and 15 minutes for ensembles and groups.
Participants of the International Folklore, Dance and Music Festival and Competition “WIENER STERNE / VIENNA STARS” are divided in the following age categories:
SENIORS - from 50 years and older.
- Аll audio sound records for the competitive program must be recorded only in the usual audio format on CD discs and must be of high quality, with clean editing and cuts.
- All CD-discs for the competitive program must contain only one piece of music per CD.
- All CD-discs must be given to the Organizer at registration and must contain the name of participant in Latin characters, title of the composition and time limit.
- The participants must inform the Organizer if the music on CD stops and starts again after pause or contains silence within the musical composition.
- Discs in format CD+R / CD+RW / DVD+RW will not be accepted!
1st day, 30.10.2018 – arrival to Vienna, check-in at the hotel (after 14:00 p.m.) and accommodation. In the afternoon – for organized groups (more than 40 persons) guided walking sightseeing tour “VIENNA CITY TOUR” around the historical center of (duration – 2 hrs). Organizing meeting for art directors, group leaders, teachers and choreographers with the members of organizing Committee. Overnight in Vienna.
2nd day, 31.10.2018 – breakfast in the hotel. FESTIVAL DAY PROGRAM: stage testing, sound check, general rehearsal. OPENING CEREMONY, performances of the participants. GALA CONCERT of WINNERS. CEREMONY OF PRIZE GIVING. Return to the hotel. Overnight in Vienna.
- 99 Euro per person
Participation fee includes:
- 2 overnights in VIENNA in hotel cat. 3*/ 4* on basis BB (buffet breakfast )
- Accommodation in TRPL, QDRPL - We give 1 DBL/TWIN for group leaders (groups less than 40 persons) and 2 DBL (group more than 40 persons) without extra supplement; More Double rooms are possible for Extra SUPPLEMENT / See Additional Payment
- Walking guided sightseeing tour around Vienna “VIENNA CITY TOUR” for organized groups (more than 40 persons)
- REGISTRATION FEE FOR PARTICIPATING
- OFFICIAL LETTER OF INVITATION and other documents
- PERFORMACE IN COMPETITIVE AND FESTIVAL PROGRAMME
- DIPLOMAS, PRIZES and MEDALS
- SOLOISTS and DUETS pay extra for SOLO / DUET participation - 15 EURO per person
- Extra overnight in hotel – 30 EURO per person a night with breakfast
- LUNCHES in VIENNA: 15 EURO per person / 1 lunch
- DINNERS in VIENNA: 15 EURO per person / 1 dinner
- Extra payment for accommodation in DBL or TWIN room – 15 EURO per person to festival package price
- Extra payment for accommodation in SNGL room – 50 EUR per person to festival package price
- TRAVEL EXPENSES (transportation of participants to / from VIENNA, transfers in VIENNA, travel insurance, entrance visa to AUSTRIA for participants from non-Schengen countries), lunches, entrance tickets to sightseeing objects, tickets to public traffic, optional excursions
On demand it is possible to organize Extra Payment Services connected to transportation from Airport to the hotel and back, from Hotel to Concert Hall and back, Meeting at the airport by the Festival Stuff, Changing the offered hotel to higher class or booking additional services by contacting and sending official request to the Organizing Committee.
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.