Prague Czech Republic
Director: Julia Tomachkova
"PRAGUE STARS" is a prestigious international art festival and competition, which is held in Prague twice a year: in late March and early November. The competition & festival is an important event in the cultural life of Prague with high recognition and wide geography of the participating countries. Famous Czech and foreign cultural and art workers are invited as honored members of the international jury.
34th International Folklore, Dance and Music Festival and Competition “PRAGUE STARS” is determined for soloists, ensembles and groups of young performers from different countries of the world. The competitive program of the participants is approved by the Organizing Committee on the basis of applications received. The schedule of the competitive programme for all participants is determined in advance and depends on the age of the participants. All participants should prepare a competitive program within the time limits specified for each competitive discipline:
4 minutes for soloists & duets, 6 minutes for small formations (up to 10 persons) and 9 minutes for ensembles and groups.
Participants of the International Folklore, Dance and Music Festival and Competitions “PRAGUE STARS” are divided in the following age categories:
- MINI KIDS - from 6 to 8 years,
- CHILDREN - from 9 to 12 years,
- JUNIORS 1 - from 13 to 15 years,
- JUNIORS 2 - from 16 to 18 years,
- ADULTS 1 - from 19 years to 25 years,
- ADULTS 2 - from 26 years and older,
- SENIORS - from 50 years and older.
The jury evaluates the skills of the participants during the competitive performance in each competitive discipline and in each age category in accordance with the 10-points evaluation systems. Results of the art competition and festival are being summed up by the end of all competitive performances.
All teachers, choreographers, group and ensemble leaders also receive the Diplomas of Festival.
*In the afternoon for organized groups (more than 40 persons) guided walking sightseeing tour “PRAGUE GRAND CITY TOUR” around the historical center of PRAGUE CASTLE and OLD TOWN: Royal Palace, St. Vitus Cathedral, St. George Monastery, Golden Lane, medieval Charles Bridge, Old Town Square surrounded by Old Town Hall with its famous Astronomical Clock, Tyn and St. Nicholas Churches, Wenceslas Square with St. Wenceslas statue and the National Museum (duration – 3,5 hrs). Transportation from hotel to the PRAGUE city center and back is not included!
Optional: in the evening – Evening Boat Cruise on Vltava (20 EURO per person)
Transportation services from hotel to CONCERT HALL and back are not included to the price!
- 115 Euro per person
- DISCOUNT: every 21st person in the group is free of charge (20 paying participants + 1 free)
MEMBERS OF ART GROUPS – 15 EURO per participant for 1 competitive discipline
TRIOS and QUARTETS – 20 EURO per participant for 1 competitive discipline
SOLOISTS and DUETS – 40 EURO per person for 1 competitive discipline
Participation fee includes:
- 3 overnights in PRAGUE in hotel cat. 3*
- Meals: HALF BOARD (3x buffet breakfast and 3x dinner)
- Accommodation in MULTI-BEDDED ROOMS (TRPL or QDRPL). We give 1 DBL/TWIN for group leaders (groups less than 40 persons) and 2 DBL (group more than 40 persons). More Double rooms are possible for Extra SUPPLEMENT / See Additional Payment
- Walking guided sightseeing tour around Prague “PRAGUE GRAND CITY TOUR” (only for group more than 40 persons)
- OFFICIAL LETTER OF INVITATION and other documents
- PERFORMACE IN COMPETITIVE & FESTIVAL PERFORMANCE PROGRAMME
- DIPLOMAS, PRIZES and MEDALS
- TOURIST TAX: 2,00 EURO per person a night
- EXTRA OVERNIGHT IN HOTEL: 37 EURO per person a night with HB
- Extra payment for DBL or TWIN accommodation: +20 EURO per person to Festival price
- Extra payment for SNGL accommodation: +50 EUR per person to Festival price
- LUNCHES in PRAGUE: 12-15 EURO per person / 1 lunch
- TRANSFERS IN PRAGUE: from hotel to Concert Hall and back, from Airport to hotel and back
- TRAVEL EXPENSES (COVID PASS, PCR tests, transportation of participants to / from Prague, transfers in Prague, travel insurance, entrance visa to Czech Republic for participants from non-Schengen countries), lunches, entrance tickets to sightseeing objects, tickets to public traffic, optional excursions
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.