30 October - 4 November 2019
Director: Mr. Deepak Tomar
16th World Dance Festival "UDBHAV UTSAV" 2019 is a high grade competitive festival in India. Festival will be organized in the historical city Gwalior. Festival is Supported by the Ministry of culture Govt.of India ,Ministry of Culture Govt. of M.P. ,Gwalior Smart City Development Corporation Limited.
H.E.SAMARGIUL ADAMKULOVA (Ambassador of the Kyrgyz Republic to the Republic of India) & Mr. Hans Joachim Holz (Global Vice-President IOV) were present as Chief Guests of the festival in Udbhav Utsav 2017.
UDBHAV UTSAV-2018 was graced by H.E. Mr.Farhod ARZIEV (Ambassador of the Republic of Uzbekistan to the Republic of India)
Gwalior is a major and the northern-most city in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. Located 319 kilometers (198 miles) south of New Delhi, the capital city of India. The city and its fortress is a big attraction for the tourist coming INDIA.
Gwalior holds a major position in the Indian classical music & Dance. World dance festival - Udbhav Utsav is an International Folk dance festival held every year in Gwalior Hundreds of foreign participants and thousands of Indian performers participates every year.
At the heart of Gwalior is Gwalior Fort ( fortress) of the Tomar dynasty. The Fort, popularly called "the Gibraltar of India", overlooks the city. The Emperor Babur reputedly described it as "the pearl in the necklace of the forts of Hind". This fort's architecture is unique. It displays a Chinese influence on Indian architecture, as Chinese dragons have been crafted at the hilt of the pillars. This influence was due to trade between China and India at the time of the fort's construction.
Jai Vilas Palace, is the residential palace turned museum of the Maratha rulers of Gwalior - the Scindias. It is in the heart of the city. The palace has notable collections of antiques and also some of the old time gadgets and collections that can't be easily seen. The museum is one of the largest in Madhya Pradesh and has the world's largest chandelier and the complex is a mixture of British as well as Hindu architecture. The palace was made in 1874 as an attempt to bring the palace of Versailles to Gwalior.
The Sun temple built by Birla group is dedicated to the Sun god, the Sun Temple is located near residency at Morar, Gwalior. It is a facsimile of the Sun temple of Konark, Odisha and now this sun temple is one among the significant pilgrimage centers in Gwalior. It is the place which gives best examples of peace and neatness in Gwalior.
Padavali and Mitavali is a popular archaeological site comprising about 200 ancient shrines in Morena district in Madhya Pradesh. This site is located on the north-western slope of a range of hills near Padavali, a village about 30 km from Gwalior.
Objectives & tasks of the festival:
The main objective of the competition-festival is to give opportunity to performers for creative communications, to present new talents and to facilitate acquaintance with pieces of national culture and arts in different countries.
An initiative to establish peace and love in the world! One Spirit and One Religion!
- Supports and promotes talented performers and creative formations;
- Activities Activation of the creative organization and unions, their leaders and pedagogues in the sphere of aesthetic education;
- Consolidation and development of the cultural connections for further development of the cooperation in the sphere of culture and arts;
- Formation and increasing of aesthetic interests of the audience;
We would like to extend our Heartily Invitation to the Dance, music & Band Groups from all over the Globe to take part in this Grand Cultural Gathering.
Traditional dance groups,
Belly dance groups
Pop dance (Including folklore stylization)
Classical or Marching Band and Majorettes
Schools, amateur groups, dance institutions are welcomed.
Group members must be of the age of 10+
During the festival, groups will perform 4-6 items of 6-8 minutes each.
Music may be live or good recorded.
Conditions of the festival:
Arrival in festival city Gwalior on OCTOBER 30th morning. Departure from festival city on NOVEMBER 4th morning.
All the groups will cover their own travel expenses up to Gwalior railway station / airport and back.
All the groups would be responsible for the confirmation of their journey tickets. Festival committee will not be responsible for any confirmation of journey tickets
Festival committee will welcome the groups at Gwalior railway station / airport. All groups will get an English-speaking guide in capital New Delhi (airport) who will assist them to take train or flight to Gwalior.
- One English knowing person is compulsory in each group.
- The festival organizing committee can arrange a transfer in Capital New Delhi. From Airport to Railway station/ Domestic Airport and vice versa. On the request of the groups. The groups will cover the cost of transfer.Overseas health insurance is obligatory. We will not accept groups without overseas health insurance. A copy of the health insurance certificate for each member of group, will have to be send 15 days before the festival.
- Transportation in festival city will be arranged by the organizing committee
- The festival committee will arrange local sight scenes.More than one groups from one country, can participate.
- Excursion tours to Agra. The city of "Taj Mahal - (One of the 8 wonders of the world"), World famous destinations like New Delhi, Jaipur, Khajuraho and many other touristic places, may be arranged on request With additional prize.
- 115 Euro per person for full festival period - accommodation in Hotel with 3 Indian meals. (There is no provision of liqueur in the meals.)
Participation fee includes:
- One official free for 20 members group. (20+1).
- 2 - 3 meals per day. Meals will start from the lunch of 30TH OCTOBER & will end with the breakfast on 4th NOVEMBER.
- Each participant will receive certificate (Diploma) and each group will receive a memento/souvenir
- The festival committee covers the cost of the tickets of the historical places in the city.
- The festival committee will provide English-speaking guide.
Any group willing to participate must submit an Application form.
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.
News About the Festival
17 November 2019
More than 10 thousand spectators have attended the XVIth edition of the International Dance Festival "Udbhav Utsav"
The four concerts of the International Dance Festival "Udbhav Utsav" were watched by more than 10,000 spectators. The XVIth edition of the forum was spectacular and was held in the period from 30th…
2 November 2018
XV World dance festival „UDBHAV UTSAV 2018“ was held from 20th till 25th of October in Indian town Gwalior. Director of the festival Deepak Tomar expressed his thanks to the European Association of…
View All News
3 November 2016
From 12th till 16th of October in Indian town of Gwalior was held the 13th International Dance Festival “UDBHAV UTSAV 2016”. “540 participants from Sri Lanka, Kyrgyzstan and India took part at…