Lloret de Mar Spain
Director: Diana Pavlov
International contest of music and singing “MÚSICA DEL MAR”. The program of the contest is held in Lloret de Mar and for the gala concert participants of this prestigious festival move to Tossa de Mar where they perform in a stunning castle-fortress of the 12th century Villa Vella. It’s curious that people still live in this city-fortress. From the magnificent scene and the stands one can see a picturesque view of the Mediterranean see and the most beautiful harbor of the Costa Brava. In the contest there participate pianists, guitarists, performers playing stringed, bow and wind instruments; orchestras and soloists, performers of classic and jazz singing, academic and chamber choirs.
I category: classic ballet;
II category: folk dance, folk stylized dance, ethnic dance;
III category: ballroom dance;
IV category: sport dance (hip hop, disco, techno, street, electric boogie, break dance, pop locking and other street styles);
V category: modern dance (jazz modern, neoclassic etc.);
VI category: variety dance;
VII category: social dance (Argentine Tango, balboa, bachata, boogie, waltz, West Coast swing, zouk, Irish set dancing, country music, kizomba, lindy hop, machine, merengue, reggaeton, rueda, salsa, samba de gafieira, Semba, forró, hustle, and others).
I category: percussion instruments’ ensembles;
II category: guitarists’ ensembles;
III category: jazz style ensembles;
IV category: chamber orchestras;
V category: symphony orchestras;
VI category: accordion and button accordion players’ orchestras;
VII category: folk orchestra ensembles;
VIII category: soloists and piano ensembles (programs for a one piano).
I category: academic singing;
II category: jazz singing;
III category: rock and rap;
IV category: folk singing;
V category: pop singing;
VI category: musicals.
I category: fashion theaters;
II category: students of art schools and child art schools;
III category: students of art colleges, academies and institutes;
IV category: young professional artists;
V category: photo and video works (photo workshops, photo exhibitions, studios, authors).
I category: circus, clownery, acrobatics, original gymnastics, juggling;
II category: illusion;
III category: pantomime, variety miniature, theatre miniature;
IV category: art of speaking word, readers.
Age groups of the participants:
I) younger than 9 years old
II ) 10-12 years
III) 13-15 years
IV) 16-19 years
V) 20-25 years
VI) from 26 years
Each group should present 1 or 2 competitive compositions of 2-5 minutes each. Each soloist should present 1 performance up to 4 minutes.
All the compositions should be recorded on a USB flash drive. And also it’s obligatory to have a backup copy of tracks on a CD.
In the application it’s necessary to specify if the layout of performances is needed or if the work will be executed by one set.
It’s obligatory to indicate soloists, duets and small groups of 3-5 persons.
During the competitive performances as to the groups, so to the soloists it’s prohibited to use lip-synching sound records.
1st day Sunday:
– check-in to a hotel from 14:00 pm;
– presentation of the excursion programs;
– rehearsal (on request);
2nd day Monday:
8:00 – breakfast;
13:00 – lunch;
14:00 – rehearsal;
17:00 – beginning of the contest;
20:00 – dinner.
3rd day Tuesday:
8:00 – breakfast;
9:00 – excursion tips (optional, for extra charge);
18:00 – beginning of the gala concert in the castle Villa Vella, giving out of the awards;
22:00 – dinner.
4th day Wednesday:
– check out from the hotel at 10:00.
* ATTENTION! We can provide you with a transfer from airports and train stations to the hotel and back.
- accommodation in a triple room €190 /person – extra day €33/person
- accommodation in a double room €215 /person – extra day €40/person
- accommodation in a single room €285 /person – extra day €52/person
- accommodation in a triple room €210 /a person – extra day €40/a person
- accommodation in a double room €235 /a person – extra day €47/a person
- accommodation in a single room €325 /a person – extra day €69/a person
soloists pay extra €50.
duets pay extra €40 for a duet.
small groups of 3-5 persons pay extra €30 for a group.
For participating in each additional nomination – extra charge €15 per person.
Each 25th group’s participant gets a pack of our services for free!*
*All the list of the assignable services you can find in the section “What is included into the price”.
Participation fee includes:
- 4 days and 3 nights in a three-star hotel or in four-star hotel;
- full board, buffet (breakfast, lunch, dinner)+ drinks;
- transfer hotel – place of holding gala concert in Tossa de Mar – hotel;
- special thank-you certificates in the form of engraving on a special basis from the town´s authorities
- thank-you letters for choreographers and sponsors on the official numbered letterheads of the kingdom of Spain.
- festival fee;
- accommodation in a double room for the group leaders of 25 persons and more – without any charges;
- common master-class.
Participation fee does not include:
- Transfers airport - hotel - airport. Could be requested for additional coast
- Touristic tax in Spain - 0,5 € / person / night
- Barcelona city sightseeing tour + The Spanish Village or Aquarium
- Girona + museum of Salvador Dali
- Port Aventura
- Tossa de Mar (city-fortress)!
- Chivalrous tournament with dinner and drinks
- Flamenco show with dinner and drinks
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.