until 10 June 2022
There is kind of beauty one can never get enough of. It relaxes you, makes you feel at peace, attracts and enchants you. Exotic sceneries are not necessarily far and inaccessible. In the heart of the Adriatic coast of Montenegro there is a town called Budva waiting for you and a holiday of your dreams may come true. Budva is the metropolis of Montenegrin tourism thanks to the great number of beaches and hotels that make this a most desirable tourist destination. The Budva coast is 21 km long. It is among the most beautiful coasts in the world and its beauty will not leave you indifferent. All you have to do is to decide and there are as many as 35 beautiful sandy beaches (8 beaches are marked with blue flags – a prestigious international award for quality and high standards of service at the beaches). There are the clean and safe sea and beaches along which you can swim as long as you feel like it. Apart from its natural beauty (its bay islands and beaches) Budva is rich in historic monuments as well.
Located along one of the world’s most beautiful bays is Kotor, a city of traders and famous sailors, with many stories to tell. The Old City of Kotor is a well preserved urbanization typical of the middle Ages, built between the 12th and 14th century. Medieval architecture and numerous monuments of cultural heritage have made Kotor land on the UNESCO’s World Natural and Historical Heritage Site list. Through the entire city the buildings are intersected by narrow streets and squares. Cathedral of Saint Tryphon (Sveti Tripun) is at the center of one of these squares, and it’s a monument of Roman culture and one of the most recognizable symbols of the city. Carnivals and festivals are organized each year to give additional charm to this most beautiful city of the Montenegrin littoral.
Herceg Novi is recognizable by the abundance of mimosa trees and its numerous flights of stairs. It’s often called ‘The City of the sun’, thanks to the large number of sunny days all year round. The centre of Herceg Novi is its Old Town (Stari Grad), decorated with buildings dating back to the epochs of Sahat – Kula (1667) and Kanli – Kula (1483). Fortress Spanjola (1538) and Fortress Forte Mare (1687) are only a part of the cultural heritage of this renowned town.Rich with greenery, Herceg Novi hides numerous kinds of tropical flowers. Towards the end of January the town becomes scented with the subtle fragrance of yellow and green mimosas and there is a special festival dedicated to this flower, called Praznik Mimosa. During the summer months many festivals are organized to further enrich the tourist offer of this enchanted town.
Purpose of the festival:The main purpose of this festival is to bring different cultures closer through songs, dances, music and interesting national costumes. The main idea of the organizers is to bring to the festival different choirs, folklore and modern dance groups from different countries and different parts of the world and to give them the exclusive opportunity to display their artistry and creativity on the stage. The participants will have the opportunity to meet new people, establish new friendships and learn about different cultures and traditions. The idea of the festival is to develop communication and dialogue between diverse cultures, by nurturing tradition as well as modern dance styles, thus combining the traditional and the modern in a timeline that will take the spectators from history to modern times.
Conditions of the festival:
- Groups from all over the world can take part in this festival.
- Folk dance groups, modern dance groups, choirs, but also majorette teams and brass bands and orchestras are welcome to apply.
- The number of participants and followers is not limited.
- There is no age limit.
- It is necessary to prepare minimum one program with the duration of 10 - 12 minutes per program.
- Each group should bring the national flag of the country that they represent.
- It is also necessary to visibly display panel on which the name of your group and the name of your country is inscribed.
- It is recommended that groups should bring about 12 – 15 small gifts for exchange.
- Participants can perform with orchestras (recommended) or with recorded music (on CD or USB).
- In order to participate in this festival, every group needs to fill in an application form. When applying, if possible, please provide some photos, videos or brief history of the group. These materials will be used for promotional and advertizing purposes (in advertisements, fliers and posters).
- After receiving the application form and completion of advance payment, the organizer will send an official letter of invitation for participation at the Festival.
Basic category hotels, villas Apartments:
- 98 Euro per person for 3 nights half board (2 meals per day)
- 129 Euro per person for 4 nights half board (2 meals per day)
Advanced category hotels: 3 *
- 129 Euro per person for 3 nights half board (2 meals per day)
- 169 Euro per person for 4 nights half board (2 meals per day)
Participation fee includes:
- Accommodation according to the price selected and meals (HB: breakfast and dinner).
- 2 double rooms per group with no supplement to be paid (one for the leaders of the group and another for the drivers of the bus). The rest of the rooms are with 3 and 4 beds.
- On request, each group will have a person available to accompany them on their excursions.
- Certificates for participation.
Participation fee does not include:
- On request, a professional tour guide can be hired to accompany the group on their excursions, but the travel guide expenses will be covered by the group.
- Health insurance (First Aid and Medical Hospital will be available, medical services must be covered by the group).
- Parking for the bus.
Checking in the hotel, free time for individual activities;
Meeting with the organizer in order to discuss details about the festival; upon arrival groups will be given a program with exact time schedule for each of the activities, mentioned in this program;
Dinner in the hotel;
Breakfast in the hotel;
Visiting the Old Town of Budva;
Breakfast in the hotel;
(Optional) Boat cruise - Short relation is 5 euros per person, and long relation is 12 euros per person;
Parade on the main street and finishing in the location where the performances will take place;
Festival evening (Performances);
Dinner in the hotel.
Breakfast in the hotel;
Visiting Tivat, Kotor, … (Groups go on these excursions with their own bus);
Second festival night and closure of the festival;
Dinner in the hotel.
Checking out of the hotels.
*The organizer reserves the right to make changes in the festival program.
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.