Director: Mr. Aron Kovats
Sunshine, tradition, festivals – experiences on the bank of river Tisza
Szeged is a Mediterranean-style, dynamically developing Hungarian settlement on the bank of river Tisza with a great historic past – the city of sunshine and festivals. Szeged’s high quality Hungarian products and Hungaricums are Pick Salami and paprika (spice), and the tourists’ most favorite dish is the fish soup. The Mediterranean lifestyle university city offers festivals and cultural events embracing all artistic branches throughout the whole year. A Spring welcoming event and also the opening event of the festival season is the Day of Szeged Festivity, which welcomes visitors throughout 10 days from 13 May in 8 locations with more than 250 cultural and gastronomic offers. One program that stands out among the others is the Wine Festival of Szeged, a 21-year-old tradition in which all of the country’s most prominent winemakers are represented. The festival is enriched by diverse programs: arts and crafts fair, gastronomic presentation of Hungarian flavors and numerous concerts. The KincsTér (Treasure Square) is held at the embellished Dugonics square for the third time from 20th May to 22th in 2016. The festival contributes to protect the national values by representing them, so the folk and national traditions of the neighboring nations. This colorful spot becomes the real Square of Values in the down town of Szeged.
- Folklore groups, orchestras, majorettes, modern dance groups, music bands from all over the world
- The number of the participants are not limited
- No age limits
- At every 25 participant 1 is gratis (24 + 1 free of charge)
- The groups are welcome to bring their video materials for sale and showcase their cultural uniqueness by participating in the fair-sale with arts and crafts products of their native region
- 105 Euro per person in Student Hostel: 105 Euro/person (4 bedded rooms, with private bathroom; supplement for a triple room is 5 Euro/person/day, supplement for a double room is 7 Euro/person/day, supplement for a single room is 13 €/person/day)
- 125 Euro per person in 3* Hotel: (triple rooms; supplement for a double room is 9 Euro/person/day, supplement for a single room is 19 Euro/person/day)
- 150 Euro per person in 4* Hotel: (double rooms, supplement for a single room is 22 Euro/person/day)
It’s possible to prolong the stay, the price depends on the type of accommodation.
Participation fee includes:
- Participation at the festival concerts
- Accommodation in hotel (3 nights)
- Half board (2 meals/day)
- Diploma, gift
- 1-hour boat trip on the river Tisza (free)
Participation fee does not include:
Some optional programs
Arriving at the accommodation
Meeting with the organizers, and guides
Discussing the next day’s programs
After breakfast, discovering City Szeged
Optional tour in Ópusztaszer (National Historical Heritage Park) and sightseeing in the third largest city in Hungary, Szeged: Szeged Zoo, Aqua park of Szeged, Anna Thermal Bath, Square Dome, Votive Church, Reök Palace, New Synagogue, Széchenyi Square.
After the breakfast visiting of the most beautiful squares in Central Europe, the Dóm Square provides the environment for the Wine Square wine tasting event, where besides the wines of excellent Hungarian winemakers, participants can get acquainted with the Szeged traditions of grape vine cultivation and winemaking. Great atmosphere is ensured by tasty wines, popular jazz and folk bands.
Afternoon performance at the National Folk Festival
Receiving the gifts and diplomas
After breakfast, departure of the participants
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.