Hersonissos, Heraklion Greece
Director: Panagiotis Pagonidis
Crete is the largest island in Greece and the second biggest (after Cyprus) of the East Mediterranean.
Crete is an island with an exquisite 1,000 kilometer-long coastline dotted with numerous coves, bays and peninsulas, which afford a multitude of soft, sandy beaches along the beautifully blue Mediterranean Sea. After all, it's among the finest in the world and has established Crete as one of Europe's most popular holiday destinations. And, of course, the island's historic importance in today's world as the home of the Minoan civilization with important archeological finds at Knossos, Phaistos and Gortys, is evidenced by the tens of thousands of visitors to these sites each year.
Our previous Festivals in North, Central, South Pieria, Thessaloniki and Crete Island had a great success as we welcomed groups and representatives of more than ten countries in each Festival. Our 4th International Festival in Crete Island in 2022, is the only one international cultural festival in the area/Municipality, which is officially organized by the local authorities and Greek local companies – associations with quality standards and great respect for tradition and culture. We expect that it will have a larger impact and will provide to the participants opportunities to learn about different cultures and people, create new friendships, exchange experiences and contacts with other folk groups. Furthermore, during their stay the participants will have the pleasure to enjoy the Greek hospitality, the crystal blue sea and a bright Greek sun. The weather this period is good and warm suitable for swimming.
The Municipality of Hersonissos is located a few kilometers away from the international airport "Nikos Kazantzakis" of Heraklion. Within its borders there are settlements with unique characteristics and colors. Hersonissos is known as the most organized tourist destination in Crete. It is also known for its high quality hotels, conference infrastructures and the natural beauty of its coasts. Mass tourism, beautiful beaches and the rich nightlife only constitute one side of the coin "Hersonissos" and many historical monuments and landscapes of exceptional beauty await to be discovered.
- Traditional folk dance groups
- Folk song groups / Choirs
- Classical or Marching Bands
Conditions for participation:
- Number and age of participants is not limited. Number of participating groups is limited.
- Each group should bring a flag of their country and if available, a board with the name of their group.
- The group should prepare 15-minutes program, accompanied by their own orchestra or CD/ FLASH DISC.
- The registration form should be sent before June 10th, 2022, in order to confirm your participation. Once you have submitted your registration form, a confirmation will be sent to you along with payment instructions. The 60% of the total amount should be paid before June 30th 2022, to secure your entry. Upon receiving your payment, an official invitation letter will be sent to you. The balance must be paid in cash on the day of your arrival in Crete or 20 days prior via bank transfer.
- 35 Euro per person - Simple Registration (without using our accommodation)
- 185 Euro per person in 3* Hotels
- 295 Euro per person in 4* Hotels
Every 30 participants, one is free (29+1)
Participation fee includes also:
- 5 days (4 nights) in selected quality hotels in Hersonissos and nearby area, with breakfast and lunch (HB), in double and triple bed rooms.
- Free transport from your hotel in Hersonissos to the performance place.
- Free Traditional party with food, drink, all kinds of music, traditional dance lessons and gifts.
- On the performance days water/drink and traditional Greek delicacies will be offered
Participation fee does not include:
- For prolonged stay, each day costs 40€ per person in 3* hotel (HB) & 70€ per person in 4* hotel.
- Optional Tours. Seasonal prices vary according to the number of participants. Such tours will be available at your convenience. Special list of daily excursions will be delivered one month before arrival.
- First aid and emergency support will be provided, but medical services must be covered by the group. The participant’s safety is on his/her personal responsibility.
22/9/2022: Day of arrival - Check in at hotel from 02:00 p.m. –A detailed schedule and a person in charge will be provided to each group. Free time for rest, optional activities, explore the Island, swimming and walk to the market and clubs. – Dinner.
23/9/2022: Breakfast. Free day, from morning to noon, for a rest and optional activities. At 20:30 experience the Greek way of parties (glenti). A welcome party with traditional Greek and European music, traditional dance lessons and gifts will be offered for free to the participated groups by the “PROPANTOS – FOLKWAY” events company. Dinner with drinks and local delicacies will be served at the party place.
24/9/2022: Breakfast - Free day from morning till noon- Optional excursion– Midday meal- Departure from hotel at 7:00 p.m. dressed in traditional costumes and transfer to the place where the show will be held. Gifts will be offered to you by the local Cultural Associations during the performance. After the performance drinks and traditional local delicacy will be offered.
25/9/2022: Breakfast – Free day from morning till noon- Optional excursion – Midday meal- Departure from hotel at 7:00 p.m. dressed in traditional costumes and transfer to the place where the show will be held. Gifts will be offered to you by the local Municipality during the performance. After the performance drinks and traditional local delicacy will be offered.
26/9/2022: Breakfast - Departure of the groups.