25 - 27 August 2018
Director: Mr. Panagiotis Pagonidis, Mrs. Maria Psarrou
6th Folklore Dance Festival "Diamantis Palaiologos"
that will take place in Skopelos,
one of the most beautiful Greek Islands
(Mamma Mia Island), http://www.skopelosweb.gr/
under the auspices of the Municipality of Skopelos.
Dedicated to tradition, dancing, volunteering and contribution, we are organizing for the fourth year the Folklore Dance Festival, in honor of our teacher, Diamantis Palaiologos, and we are inviting you to take hold of our hand and dance with us on the beautiful island of Skopelos, bringing all of Greece and World together with traditional melodies and rhythms.
Type of groups that can participate: Traditional folk dance groups and folk song groups.
The age of participants must be over 15 years old. The number of participating groups is limited.
Saturday August 25
Morning: Departure from the port of Volos/ Agios Konstantinos / Mantoudi or Thessaloniki
Noon: Arrival at Skopelos Port
Afternoon: Meeting at the specified location for the Parade
Parade by all of the dance groups
Evening: Opening of the Folklore Dance Festival
Welcome theme party for the dance groups by the Volunteers
Sunday, August 26:
Morning: Leisure time to tour the scenic alleys of Skopelos Town, and visit the folk art museums and traditional craftsmen.
Noon: Folk Dance Seminars
Evening: Start of Second Festival Day
Free night for rest or entertainment
Monday, August 27:
Morning: Departure from Skopelos Port for a visit and a tour of the village of Glossa
Leisure time for touring the scenic alleys of Glossa - Open Rehearsals
Seminar on the subject "The bridal costume of Skopelos"
Departure from Glossa for a popular beach of the island
Noon: Beach-party on one of the island's beaches
Afternoon: Return to Skopelos Town, leisure time
Evening: Start of the third festival day
Closing of the festival, traditional celebration in the open theatre, dinner in honour of the dance groups and their companions.
Tuesday, August 28:
Morning: Leisure Time
Noon: Departure for Volos
Afternoon: Arrival at Volos
Each group will dance only in one of the three Festival days
1) Accommodation for 4 days - 3 nights (25.08 - 28.08):
115 Euro per person (Without Ferry Tickets)
130 Euro per person (Departure from Mantoudi Port/Evia),
140 Euro per person (Departure from Volos Port)
140 Euro per person (Departure from Agios Konstantinos Port).
155 Euro per person (Departure from Thessaloniki Port)
If any groups or persons wants to stay for two more nights (5 nights) the cost of participation will be the following:
2) Accommodation for 6 days - 5 nights (25.08 - 30.08):
162 Euro per person (Without Ferry Tickets)
180 Euro per person (Departure from Mantoudi Port/Evia),
190 Euro per person (Departure from Volos Port)
190 Euro per person (Departure from Agios Konstantinos Port).
205 Euro per person (Departure from Thessaloniki Port)
Participation fee includes:
- Ferry Tickets (Volos-Skopelos-Volos or Agios Konstantinos - Skopelos - Agios Konstantinos or Mantoudi - Skopelos - Mantoudi and Thessaloniki - Skopelos - Mantoudi)
- Ferry tickets for the bus and coverage of the driver's accommodation expenses
- Accommodation for three or five nights at hotels in Scopelos Town, near the beach, with breakfast every day
- Festival material, participation in festival.
- Each group that will participate will receive a complete DVD will all festival nights, and more than 1500 photographs in electronic format.
- If any groups or persons that will stay for 5 nights and 6 days on the island, they will participate in an excursion from Dolphin Tours. In the price the extra excursion is not included.
The registration form should be sent before March 20th, 2018, in order to confirm your participation.
Any group willing to participate must submit an Application form.
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee to EAFF, which is to be deducted at the final payment.