Director: Smaranda Oteanu-Bunea
from the 25th till the 28th of April 2020.
The main purpose of the festival is to bring different cultures closer through dances, music and interesting national costumes, providing an opportunity for the members of groups to get together and create long lasting friendship.
Organizer: AMBASADORII MUSICAL THEATRE, the youngest Romanian public cultural institution subordinated to the Ministry of Culture, a professional musical theatre company dedicated to offering high quality performing arts experiences to children, young audiences and their families.
Partners: NATIONAL CHILDREN’S PALACE - BUCHAREST
- The International Festival CHILDREN’S FOLKLORE is a non-competitive festival of traditional and stylized music and dance.
- On the festival may participate children and youth folklore groups (dance groups, vocal groups, instrumental groups and soloists).
- During the Festival, each Group will have 1 or 2 performances – 15 min each, which will be organized in a closed Concert Hall (a venue of 750 seats) where groups can perform either with live music or CD.
- NOTE: Each group must send us the music for the performance by email, 10 days before the festival starts.
- We will also request you to send a group profile – a short presentation and 2 pictures of the group (max 1 mb).
- Every Group will be rewarded with a Certificate for taking part on the Festival.
- Each group should bring a flag of the country they represent.
- 115 Euro per person - 3 nights accommodation in 3* hotels.
On every 25 participants, one member is free of charge (25 paying + 1 free of charge).
If the group shows interest in extending the stay the organizers should be informed during the application process and the price for extra night is 21 euro per person (breakfast only).
Participation fee includes:
- Festival fee;
- Invitation letter;
- Advertising of the festival (press conference, radio, tv channels, posters and flyers);
- 3 nights accommodation in 3* hotels. The groups will be accommodated in rooms with 2 and 3 beds with their own bathroom;
- Half-board buffet (breakfast, lunch);
- City tour.
Participation fee does not include:
- Transport to and from Bucharest;
- Travel insurance;
- Additional days.
Transport and travel conditions:
The participants should cover their travel expenses from their country to Bucharest and back. For the groups who arrive in Bucharest by plane, transfer to and from airport will be provided by Organization Committee. The groups coming by bus should use their own transport all the time during the festival.
Registration of the participants. Meeting with the group leaders.
First round of performances.
Closing ceremony – gifts exchange.
Departure of the participants.
The organizer reserves the right to change the festival program.
Any group willing to participate must submit an Application form.
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.