Prague Czech Republic
Director: Zoran Strezovski
With pleasure we INVITE you (Folk ensembles, Choral groups, Brass bands, orchestras, balroomdance groups, modern dance group, majorette teams), (children, youth and adults groups) to participate on VIII International music & Folk - dance festival “PRAGUE FESTIVAL DAYS” 28 – 31 March , Prague, Czech Republic 2019
The Festival light motive is to present the cultural tradition of different countries and to provide an opportunity for the members of groups to get together, to establish friendships and culture presentation trough dance and music.
The Historic Centre represents a supreme manifestation of Medieval urbanism (the New Town of Emperor Charles IV built as the New Jerusalem). The Prague architectural works of the Gothic Period (14th and 15th centuries), of the High Baroque of the 1st half of the 18th century and of the rising modernism after the year 1900, influenced the development of Central Europe, perhaps even all European architecture.
In the course of the 1100 years of its existence,
21.00 - 22.30.00 Welcome reception with leaders of the groups in hotel
18.30 – 21.30 Festival evening and after that closing ceremony of the festival – organizer will give certificates and presents for the group
21.00 - Free time in Prague
11.00 Departure of the participants
- Festival is a non-competitive sample of traditional and modern dances, choral groups and majorette teams.
- Every Folklore, Choral group and majorette Teams has the right to participate. Children's ensembles (2/3 of the participants must be 16 or younger), Youth ensembles (2/3 of the participants must be 25 or younger), adult ensembles (1/3 of the participants must be older than 25).On the festival may participate folklore dance groups, modern dance groups, vocal groups, instrumental groups and soloists, as well as groups and performers from other art styles.
- The number of participants are limited (only 3 groups from each country).
- Each group should consist of most 50 members including dancers, managers and musicians
- Ensemble should have prepared program, 10-12 minutes each with orchestra or CD
- To send us short CV and 2 – 3 photos of the group
- To take a flag of the country
- Folklore groups should have there own transport for arrival and departure
- 109 Euro per person - Accommodation at Top hotel ****
- 99 Euro per person - Accommodation at Hotels like Olympik hotel ****,Olympik Tree Star ***, Fortuna West ***
- 85 Euro per person - Accommodation at Hotels like A&O Prag Metro Strizkov 3 ***, Hotel Globus ***, Hotel Rhea ***, Hotel Duo ***
Participation fee includes:
- For 25 dancers – one gratis,
- Certificate for attendance,
- Souvenir and gift for each group,
- Drinks during the performance,
- Advertising of the festival (press release, radio and tv channels, posters and flayers).
Personal responsibility and health insurance are within the other obligations of the groups. First Aid and Medical Hospital will be available, medical services must be covered by the group.
On your request, You can continue your stay in Prague. Price will be from 28 from 37 Euro per day per person HB – price depends of selected hotels and it is special for the participants in festivals that we can provide.
After Groups arrived in Hotel will be given detailed program of the festival and each group will have guide during festival. After the festival finish organizers will send you DVD from the festival program for each group and photos.The copy right of all video materials and pictures are ownership of the Organization of the Festival.
The festival will organize the transport for the groups coming by plane by picking them up from airport, during the festival days and back to airport. The cost of the transportation will be covered by the group and will be additionally agreed according to their number. Payment can be done on several parts.
By applying you confirm that you accept all festival conditions. All detailed information will be supply after your confirmation for participations.
In 2018 were participated 350 participants from 7 different countries.