Director: Mr. Aron Kovats
The “Hungarian Sea”, is the people’s name for the 50-mile long lake with silky green-yellow water in the middle of Transdanubia. Lake Balaton is one of Hungary’s most precious treasures and most frequented resorts. It is also the largest lake in Central Europe. The region lying west of Lake Balaton occupies a unique place on the map of Hungary. Being the part of an important region from the point of view of tourism, that of Balaton, it is a favourite destination for both Hungarian and foreign tourists. As for its climate, it is a pleasant place, it may have the most predictable climatic character, and rarely do we have unsettled weather. As for the features of the terrain – it is Hungary on a small scale as tourists can find here gentle hills, extended flat plains, rivers, lakes. The West-Balaton region offering so many pleasant features, it is easy and fast to get to the right spots, as all the traffic routes lead to the places where the curious visitor can find everything that interests him. House with a verandah; it is interesting that all rooms open on the verandah and there is a free chimney in the kitchen. The furniture of the house shows the lifestyle of a wealthy peasant. The exhibition of the House of Regional Traditions is completed by the collection of ethnography. From the look-out tower on Kőhegy you can enjoy a wonderful view of Lake Balaton and the local vineyards. The nearly 3 km long continuous grassy free beach on the lake shore with a wonderful panorama attracts many visitors. The safety of the bathers is guaranteed by the free medical service and a rescue team. In the peak season a free playing house is available for children. Parking is free in the whole territory of the village.
Keszthely, a city of grand town houses perched at the very western end of Lake Balaton is hands-down one of the loveliest spots to stay, far removed from the tourist hot spots on the lake. You can dip in its small, shallow beaches by day, absorb its lively yet relaxed ambience by night and get a dose of culture by popping into its handful of museums and admiring its historical buildings. Whatever you do, don’t miss the Festetics Palace, a lavish baroque home fit for royalty.
- Folklore groups, orchestras, majorettes, modern dance groups, music bands from all over the world
- The number of the participants are not limited
- No age limits
- Number of seats are limited!
Participation fee includes:
- Participation in the festival concerts (2 performances)
- Diplomas, gifts
- Organization expenses
- Free entry to the local Balaton beach (https://west-balaton.hu/keszthely/keszthely-strand/varosi-strand-keszthely)
- Free entry St. Ivan’s night
Participation fee does not include:
- Optional programs
- Tourist tax: 2 €/person/day, payment on the spot at the accommodation
- 90 Euro per person in Youth Hostel
- Youth Hostel, 4 bedded rooms, shared bathroom
- 200m from the city center and the local beach
- Additional day can be booked for 28 €/person/day
- 139 Euro per person in 3*** Hotels:
- Hotel Abbázia: (https://clubdobogomajor.hu/hotel/english/)
- Free wellness and spa
- 2-4 bedded rooms, supplement for a single room is 20 €/person/day
- Additional day can be booked for 46 €/person/day
- 149 Euro per person in Hunguest Hotel Helios:
- Hunguest Hotel Helios: (https://www.hunguesthotels.hu/en/hotel/heviz/hunguest_hotel_helios/)
- Free wellness and spa
- 2 bedded rooms, supplement for a single room is 15 €/person/day
- Additional day can be booked for 49 €/person/day
Afternoon arrival at the Hotel, meeting with group leaders and festival organizers, discussing the programs of the next days. Dinner in the Hotel.
After breakfast optional program, boat trip on the Lake Balaton. Afternoon pleasant time on the beach or visiting one of the main sight of Keszhely, like gorgeous Festetics Palace, the Pethő House, Synagogue, Gothic parish church, Georgikon Grange museum, Balatoni Museum, Helikon memorial or any other fascinating place in Keszthely. Climbing the Castle or Szigliget Castle. Dinner, Performance at the main square of Keszthely. Free time, enjoying the night out at one of the open air bars of terraces of Keszthely.
After breakfast optional program, sunbathing and swimming in the Lake Balaton, wine-tasting, have a nice walk on the Pedestrian Street, or just enjoying the Lake Side Area and the Pier, visit the Doll Museum, Surber’s Museum of Automatic Musical Instruments and Phonographs, the Historical Panopticon, Georgikon Farm History Museum, or have a fun trip with the Sightseeing Nostalgia Train. Dinner, Performance at the Music Pavilion, gala concert, receiving the diplomas and gifts. Free time, enjoying the night out at one of the open air bars of terraces of Keszthely.
Breakfast, departure of the participants.
Any group willing to participate must submit an Application form.
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.