24 - 27 May 2018
Director: Ms. Milda Rickute
The Festival takes place every year, on the last week of May in Vilnius (the capital of Lithuania).
Groups have to arrive on the same day or one day before their first performance and leave next day after the festival.
There are about 7-10 foreign groups/single performers from different countries participating in the Festival as well as Lithuanian groups.
This is an authentic folklore Festival for amateurs; stylised/professional groups are not accepted.
Performances are taking place in the openair scenes, yards (pavement) and halls – indoor or outdoor spaces at certain districts in Vilnius City and it might also include other near towns of Lithuania (Trakai, Druskininkai, Trakų Vokė ir kt.) (exact venue to be confirmed).
Festival events include: Welcome evening, Opening Ceremony, Onstage Performances, Local Life & Culture Experience, Free time, Parade, Closing Ceremony, Farewell Party.
Group should be prepared to perform different length of programme (from 5 min. to 1 hour).
Participants in the festival:
- Folklore groups worldwide are welcome to apply for the Festival.
- A participating group should consist of maximum of 15 performers (incl. musicians, leaders, driver(s), etc.).
- “Tourists” (members who have nothing to do with the performances of the group) are not accepted. Unfortunately, the Festival will not take care of them.
- The group should perform only LIVE, recorded music is not accepted.
- The group can represent any type of their national folklore (songs, dances, instrumental traditional music, rituals, folk art crafts and etc.).
- Each group will be accompanied by Festival hostess during the festival.
70 Eur per person.
- The members of each group will be accommodated by the Festival Organisers.
- The accommodation is provided from one day prior to the Opening of the Festival till one day after the Closing of the Festival.
- The members of each group will have 3 meals a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the Festival.
- Please note that organisers are not responsible for extra expenses, the meals are covered only during the days of the Festival.
Obligations of participants:
The participants are responsible for international transportation, travel insurance, Visa costs (if applicable) and international shipping/cargo of instruments and costumes if they are needed for the performances. Only some transport expenses inside Lithuania can be guaranteed by the organisers of the Festival.
Participants need to provide a flag of their own country which will be used during the Festival procession. If the group, ensemble or individual participant has any other attributes of their own (flag with the name of group on it, etc.) it can be also used.
Participants can bring some lawful goods representing the traditional life of their country (e.g. handiwork, traditional meals, traditional instruments etc.) as souvenirs to sell. If the groups or ensemble have their own CD’s or DVD they are also welcome to bring these as well. The objects for sale will be presented in the Festival booth in the Traditional Fair.
- Groups participate in the Festival at their own risk.
- Groups have to be insured against all risks of life: illnesses, hospitalization, accidents, etc;
- The Festival will take no responsibility to any financial and/or other consequences regarding the above.
Each group’s daily schedule will be arranged by the Organisers and given to the group on the day of their arrival. Note that small adjustments may be made during the Festival period.
The Organisers reserves the right to broadcast the festival performances partly or entirely.
- Group authorises the Organisers to use any performance pictures or videos taken during the Festival for the Festival’s promotion.
- By participating in the festival performers accept these conditions of the festival.
- The leaders of the groups are requested to introduce these conditions to the members of their group
Any group willing to participate must submit an Application form.
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.
Next payment should be made to the organization committee, no later than 2nd of April; if the group decides to cancel participation after this date and it is not the fault of the Festival organisers (example: visa wouldn’t be issued for the participant/s), fee is not refunded; if approved candidates do not pay Festival fee until the deadline, participation of this group/performer would be cancelled.
After the Organiser issues the official invitation, Applicant must submit and send to the organization committee the following documents not later than 20th of April, 2018:
- Group list
- Technical riders/stage plot
- Programme of the performance
- Digital copy of flight booking documents (e-ticket)
- Digital copy of Visas etc.
- Digital copy of insurance.
News About the Festival
View All News
14 June 2017
This year the festival “Skamba Skamba Kankliai“ celebrated its 45th anniversary! It took place from 23rd to 28th of May 2017 in Vilnius, Lithuania. This was informed by the organizers of the…