St. Petersburg is the most European city of Russia and one of the most beautiful cities of the World. Some centuries ago the best Italian architects, Dutch engineers and French artists worked here. And as a result, this city has found its unique image that was glorified by the classics of Russian literature.
The objectives of the project:
1. Intensifying creative activities and creating conditions necessary for the realization of the creative potential of talented children and teenagers;
2. Sharing creative achievements, enhancing the interaction and cooperation between cultural organizations and creative groups from different countries;
3. Promoting talented children and teenager creativity;
4. Developing knowledge and intellectual level of children and teenagers, promoting the formation of harmoniously developed, moral and creative person;
5. Professional development of teachers in the field of education of children and young persons;
6. Safeguarding and developing intangible cultural heritage of Russia and other countries.
Participation in the festival-contest is possible for those creative groups and soloists, who filled up the Request form and paid a participation fee and touristic program. The participation fee is calculated by the art-manager of the festival-contest according to the Application. The cost of touristic program is calculated according to the prices posted on the site of the Salut to talents project and its partners and according to Application. Accommodation, transfer and excursions for the participants of the festival-contest are ensured by official project partners only. Applications are accepted until the dates indicated on the web site.
- Instrumental art. Classical. Folk. Pop. Jazz
- Vocal art. Academic. Folk. Pop. Vocal and Instrumental Ensemble
- Fine art. Painting and graphics. Photo. Applied arts.
- Choreography. Classical dance. Folk dance. Pop dance. Folk stylization. Modern dance (jazz, modern, contemporary). Modern dance (street dances). Modern dance (experimental). Ballroom dance. Childish dance.
- Theatre. Drama theatre. Art of declamation. Musical. Mimics and Gesture theatre. Fashion performance. Puppet-show
- The original genre
- Foklore creativity
The participation in the nomination “Choreography. Childish dance” is allowed only in pre-school and junior age group.
Group categories of participants:
- Small Groups (2-3 participants)
- Choirs (vocal groups over 12 people)
- Orchestras (instrumental ensembles of more than 8 people)
Age categories of members:
- Pre-School age group – up 7 years
- Junior age group – 7-10 years
- Middle age group – 11-13 years
- Senior age group – 14 -18 years
- Mixed junior age group – average age of 12 years or less
- Mixed senior age group – average age of over 13 years
- Adult age group – over 18 years
Each age group allows participation of up to 30% of members out of the fixed age ranges.
Rules of participation:
Participation in the festival-contest means participation in one nomination, one age category, and one group category. In the frames of one participation ensembles, choirs and orchestras present a program of two different items performances of the duration of not more than 4 minutes. In the nominations “Theatre” and “Instrumental art” (ensembles and orchestras) it is allowed to present only one performance of the duration of no more than 10 minutes. In the nomination "theatrical creativity", if there is a technical possibility and in conjunction with the organizing committee, it is possible to increase the time of performance to 30 minutes. At the same time, every additional 10 minutes, in excess of the established by the Regulations, are paid as additional participation. Soloists and small groups present a program of one performance of the duration of not more than 5. In the nomination “Instrumental art” soloists and small groups may present two performances of the duration of not more than 5 together. In the nomination "Choreographic Creativity" a presentation of one performance of duration of no more than 10 minutes is allowed. If the participants exceed the time limit, jury is entitled to stop the performance and disqualify the participants.
Choirs present a program with a duration of at least 8 and not more than 15 minutes. The minimum number is 2 songs, at the same time they must be different. At least one song should be performed a capella.
In the nomination "Folklore Creativity" groups present a concert-contest program of a mixed genre with a duration of no more than 8 minutes.
Rehearsals and performances are held strictly in accordance with the schedule provided by the art-manager of the festival-contest. Changes to the concert program are accepted by written notification of the art-manager of the festival not later than 21 days before the beginning of the festival tour.
Participation in the “Fine art” nomination is held in the form of exhibition which takes place during the festival-contest. In the frames of one participation it is possible to present 1 or 2 works (all works should be signed), the size of the works (the base area of craftwork) should be 50x70 cm or less.
Jury of the Festival:
The jury of the festival-contest is composed of well-known actors, teachers of art disciplines, directors, leaders of art groups, culture and art figures, public figures. The list of jury members is not announced before the day of the festival. At the end of the festival teachers have the opportunity to discuss with the jury members all the performances and exchange their opinions. All the performances are estimated by generally accepted criteria: technical skills (according to nomination), artistry, the complexity of the repertoire (program), the creation of artistic character etc., according to the subjective jury’s opinions.
Prizes and awards:
All the participants receive souvenirs. In each nomination, age and group category the participants get the titles of I, II, III degree Laureates, as well as the title of Diplomant. Laureates are awarded with diplomas and cups. Diplomants are awarded with diplomas only. The jury also chooses the winner of Grand Prix from one of the I degree Laureates. Owner of the Grand Prix has an opportunity to participate in one of the festivals-contests of the Salute to Talents Project in the same nomination during the festival season without participation fee. Special diplomas which are issued if the jury decides that there are distinguished participants, are: “The best Choreographer”, “The best accompanist”, “The best choirmaster”, “The best Director”, “The best costume”, “The most artistic participant”, “The Youngest participant”, “Best fine art work”. Teachers, directors and accompanists will get official letters of gratefulness and certificates confirming that they attended a round table discussion.
Saint-Petersburg (4 days)
Day 1 - 21.02
Recommended arrival time is from 8:00 to 12:00.
Meeting with the guide at the railway station (at around 8.00 a.m.). Meeting at the airport for extra cost.
City tour: central squares and embankments, Vasilyevsky Island, Nevsky Prospect, Saint Isaac's Cathedral, Kazan Cathedral, Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood. Lunch during the tour.
Check-in at the hotel at 2:00 p.m.
Night in the hotel
Day 2 – 22.02 Festival Day
Breakfast. Transfer to the concert hall.
Rehearsals. Competitive performance.
Round table for jurors and teachers.
Gala concert. Award ceremony, Handing out of diplomas, Winners Cups and souvenirs to the participants as well as letters of thanks.
The round table with participation certificates for teachers.
Lunch during the festival day.
Transfer to the hotel.
Night in the hotel
Day 3 – 23.02
Free time or additional tours for extra cost:
Kronstadt – a beautiful city and seaport.
Memorial estate Petergof.
Palaces and gardens of Pavlovsk.
Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood, Saint Isaac's Cathedral, etc
Night in the hotel
Day 4 – 24.02
Breakfast. Check-out before 12:00.
Tour to Pushkin – former residence of Russian Emperors. During this tour you will be able to walk in the Catherine park and for extra cost you can also visit Catherine Palace and/or Tsarskoe Selo Lyceum.
Transfer to train station. Recommended departure time – after 16:00. Transfer to the airport for extra cost.
15 persons + 1 for free
- 91 Euro per person - Turist 2* - Rooms for 4-5 persons, shared facilities, buffet breakfast
- 118 Euro per person - Saint-Petersburg hotel 3* double rooms, facilities in the room, buffet breakfast
- 129 Euro per person - Saint-Petersburg hotel 3*, rooms of superior categories, double rooms, facilities in the room, buffet breakfast
Participation fee for one nomination:
15 euro for one ensemble participant (no more than 191 euro for an ensemble), 25 EURO for a soloist
(Not included into the price of the trip)
The number of rooms at the hotels is limited! Booking will be made upon a prepayment.
Participation fee includes:
- 3 nights at the chosen hotel
- 3 breakfasts and 2 lunches
- City Tour in Saint-Petersburg
- Tour to Pushkin
- Transfer according to the program
Participation fee doesn't include:
- Any museum’s admissions and ticketing
- Additional transfer
- Additional days at the hotel
- Additional lunch (depending on the hotel)
- Meeting in the airport
Any group willing to participate must submit an Application form.
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.
As a next step - payment of an advance reservation installment to the organizational committee of the festival.