5 - 9 January 2018
Director: Mrs. Lyudmila Pritulchik
Salute to Talents International Project was established in 2008. Salute to Talents is the system of prestigious international festivals-contests for children and youth combined with extensive excursion program. During 2016 - 2017 academic year (festival season) a range of festivals-contests is held in various cities all around the world. The Super Final of the festival season will be held in October 2018 in Saint Petersburg. The 1-st degree Laureates at any of the festivals-contests, held during the festival season 2017 - 2018 in the framework of the Salute to Talents project, are allowed to take part in Super Final. Zakopane is winter polish fairytale where you can get lots of pleasure staring beauty of great mountains, small wooden houses and abundance of bright fairy lights. In front of towering mountains you will find charming Hural folklore, unusual wooden architecture, endless ski runs and hiking trails.
1. Instrumental art: Folk; Classical; Pop; Jazz
2. Vocal art: Folk; Academic; Pop; Vocal and Instrumental Ensemble
3. Choreography: Folk dance; Classical dance; Pop dance (including folk stylization); Modern dance; Ballroom dancing
4. Theatre: Art of declamation; Drama theatre; Musical; Mimics and Gesture theatre; Fashion performance; Puppet-show
5. The original genre
6. Fine art: Painting and graphics; Photo; Craftworks
- Small Groups (2-3 participants)
- Choirs (vocal groups over 12 people)
- Orchestras (instrumental ensembles of more than 8 people).
Age categories of members:
Pre-School age group – up 7 years;
Junior age group – 7-10 years;
Middle age group – 11-13 years;
Senior age group – 14 -18 years;
Mixed junior age group – average age of 12 years or less;
Mixed senior age group – average age of over 13 years;
Adult age group – over 18 years.
Rules of participation:
Participation in the festival-contest means participation in one nomination, one age category, and one group category. In the frames of one participation ensembles, choirs and orchestras present a program of two different items (acts), lasting not more than 4 minutes each.
In the nominations “Theatre” and “Instrumental art” (ensembles and orchestras) it is allowed to present only one item lasting not more than 10 minutes. Soloists and small groups present a program of one item lasting not more than 5 minutes. In the nomination “Instrumental art” soloists and small groups may present two items lasting not more than 5 minutes together. If the participants exceed the time limit, jury is entitled to stop the performance and disqualify the participants.
Rehearsals and performances are held strictly in accordance with the schedule provided by the artmanager of the festival-contest. Changes to the concert program are accepted by written notification of the art-manager of the festival not later than 21 day before the beginning of the festival tour.
Participation in the “Fine art” nomination is held in the form of exhibition, which takes place during the festival-contest. In the frames of one participation it is possible to present 1 or 2 works (all works should be signed), the size of the works (the base area of craftwork) should be 50x70 sm or less. In case of using the sound recordings the participants should send them to the art-manager of the festival by e-mail and also bring it on a flash drive or CD (each track on separate CD). All the technical and musical equipment which is necessary (technical rider) should be indicated in the Request.
Jury of the Festival:
The jury of the festival-contest is composed of well-known actors, teachers of art disciplines, directors, leaders of art groups, culture and art figures, public figures. The list of jury members is not announced before the day of the festival. At the end of the festival teachers have the opportunity to discuss with the jury members all the performances and exchange their opinions. All the performances are estimated by generally accepted criteria: technical skills (according to nomination), artistry, the complexity of the repertoire (program), the creation of artistic character etc., according to the subjective jury’s opinions.
Prizes and awards:
All the participants receive souvenirs. In each nomination, age and group category the participants get the titles of I, II, III degree Laureates, as well as the title of Diplomant. Laureates are awarded with diplomas and cups. Diplomants are awarded with diplomas only. The jury also chooses the winner of Grand Prix from one of the 1st degree Laureates. Owner of the Grand Prix has an opportunity to participate in one of the festivals-contests of the Salute to Talents Project in the same nomination during the festival season without participation fee. Special diplomas which are issued if the jury decides that there are distinguished participants, are: “The best Choreographer”, “The best accompanist”, “The best choirmaster”, “The best Director”, “The best costume”, “The most artistic participant”, “The Youngest participant”, “Best fine art work”. Teachers, directors and accompanists will get official letters of gratefulness and certificates confirming that they attended a round table discussion.
*Discounts: 10 people + 1 for free
Organization fee for one nomination (not included into the participation fee):
• 40 EUR for one ensemble participant (no more than 800 EUR for an ensemble).
• 60 EUR for a soloist.
* The price is valid for a group of 40 and more people. This price includes group transfer during the program. In case if the group is less than 40 people, there will be recalculation of the price due to individual transfer and city tour.
** The price includes city tour in English or Russian languages. Extra payment for a guide will take place if the group has a need to have city tour in other languages.
Participation fee includes:
- 4 nights in hotel (Zakopane) (comfortable rooms for 3, 4, 5, 6 people);
- Food during the program: 4 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 1 dinner;
- City tours in Warsaw, Zakopane and Krakow;
- English speaking guide (by request);
- Comfortable bus during the program.
Participation fee doesn't inlcude:
- Medical insurance = 1 euro per day
- Extra food
- Tickets to museums
- Excursions for extra payment.
Day 1 - 5.01.18 - Warsaw - Zakopane - Krakow
Arrival to Warsaw. Recommended arrival time from 9:00 to 11:30.
Walking city tour: In Warsaw you will meet beautiful and cozy center of the old town, the Royal Route and Castle, Market square, St. John Cathedral and The Mermaid – the symbol of Warsaw.
Transit to Poland (400 km). Arrival to Zakopane – one of the most beautiful resort in Europe! Dinner. Night in hotel.
Day 2 - 06.01.18 - Zakopane
• City Tour in Zakopane: You will get to know one of the main ski resort in Easter Europe, look at Nosal Mountain, big and small springboards. You can also take an extra trip: go up to Gubałówka Hill by tram*, go down by tram or funicular*. Lunch. Night in hotel.
Day 3 – 07.01.18 - Zakopane
Breakfast. Festival Day.
• Transfer to festival.
• Opening ceremony of the festival.
• Competitive performance.
• Gala concert.
• Award ceremony, handing out of diplomas, Winners Cups and souvenirs to the participants as well as letters of thanks and round table participation certificates for teachers.
Transfer to hotel. Dinner in the hotel.Night in the hotel.
Day 4 - 08.01. – Zakopane
Breakfast Free time. Walking tour on Krupovka street. Getting to know with national traditions. Shopping in market and souvenir shops. Skiing, skating, sledging. Lunch. Free time or tours for extra payment:
• Thermal bath complex in Białka Tatrzańska *. The complex consists covered and open pools, Jacuzzi and lots of entertainment for children. The water in pools has quit good physical and chemical consistency.
• Hoholuv village* is built from original mountain huts. One of the most popular house know well among tourists because it’s built from the only one old pine.
Night in the hotel.
Day 5 - 09.01. - Krakow
Breakfast. Transfer to Krakow (around 100 km).
• Walking tour in the Old Town: Wawel, St. John Cathedral, St. Mary's Church, Market Square.
Transfer to airport/ train station. Recommended time of departure – after 17:00.
Any group willing to participate must submit an Application form.
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.
As a next step - payment of an advance reservation installment to the organizational committee of the festival.