Welcome to Ohrid, the Pearl on the Balkans, as our visitors tend to say. Ohrid is a blend of the traditional and the contemporary, the main spiritual, cultural and touristic center in Macedonia, a UNESCO World Heritage site as a cultural, and with the Ohrid Lake as a natural rarity. The numerous historical monuments found in their close surrounding speak of the tradition and dedication of the Macedonian people. You can explore the history and the culture, go shopping, go on different excursions and enjoy the gastronomy of this city. Here, as a rarity scarcely found anywhere else, the deep traces merge eras and empires, kingdoms and quests, weaving the fine thread of historical continuity on the Balkans. On the other hand, nature hasn’t spared its beauties stretched down from the lake shores and up to the Galichica Mountain on which peak one can enjoy the sight of two lakes, the Ohrid and the Prespa Lake. Explore and choose your favorite beaches and fun places for daytime or nighttime, choose a restaurant where you can eat and drink and taste the homemade food while listening to our traditional music. Visit the city museums, gates, churches and galleries. You can learn about the history of our town. Go on a tour on the lake, mountains and surrounding villages. Enjoy your stay in Ohrid! Stay as long as you can and Ohrid will stay with you forever.
Lake Ohrid straddles the mountainous border between southwestern Macedonia and eastern Albania. It is one of Europe’s deepest and oldest lakes, preserving a unique aquatic ecosystem that is of worldwide importance, with more than 200 endemic species. It came into being about three million years ago according to the latest scientific researches. It was formed in remote geological ages as a result of tectonic shifts. There are only a few lakes in the world today whose antiquity can be compared to that of Lake Ohrid. Enjoy the magnificent landscapes of a lake placed in a cradle of mountains. These landscapes change with the movement of the clouds and the reflection of the sunlight, depending on the position of the sun, in ever changing patterns that will always surprise you by its magical beauty, like a dreamy fairytale…
Purpose of the festival:This festival is the perfect occasion for different groups from various countries to gather together so that they could express their culture and nation through dances, music and interesting national costumes. Ohrid will be the host and the gathering place for dance groups and national art groups from all around the world to meet new people, make new friendship relationships and also, see the beauties of our town Ohrid and the Ohrid lake, which are under the protection of UNESCO. The idea of the festival is to develop new forms of communication in the international dialogue and international cooperation in the future.
Conditions of the festival:
- Groups from all over the world can take part in this festival.
- Folk dance groups, modern dance groups, choirs, but also majorette teams and brass bands and orchestras are welcome to apply.
- The number of participants and followers is not limited.
- There is no age limit (beside youth and children participants, older or veterans also may participate).
- It is necessary to prepare minimum one program with the duration of 12-15 minutes per program.
- Each group should bring the national flag of the country that they represent.
- It is also necessary to visibly display panel on which the name of your group and the name of your country is inscribed.
- It is recommended that groups should bring about 12-15 small gifts for exchange.
- Participants can perform with orchestras (recommended) or with recorded music (on CD or USB).
- In order to participate in this festival, every group needs to fill in an application form. When applying, if possible, please provide some photos, videos or brief history of the group. These materials will be used for promotional and advertising purposes (in advertisements, fliers and posters).
- After receiving the application form and completion of advance payment, the organizer will send an official letter of invitation for participation at the Festival.
- The rest of the payment should be completed immediately after the group arrives in order to take part at the festival.
75 euro per person for 3 nights half board accommodation (breakfast and dinner)
99 euro per person for 4 nights half board accommodation (breakfast and dinner)
123 euro per person for 5 nights half board accommodation (breakfast and dinner)
89 euro per person for 3 nights full board accommodation (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
118 euro per person for 4 nights full board accommodation (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
149 euro per person for 5 nights full board accommodation (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
89 euro per person for 3 nights half board accommodation (breakfast and dinner)
118 euro per person for 4 nights half board accommodation (breakfast and dinner)
119 euro per person for 3 nights full board accommodation (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
149 euro per person for 4 nights full board accommodation (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
123 euro per person for 3 nights half board accommodation (breakfast and dinner)
159 euro per person for 4 nights half board accommodation (breakfast and dinner)
163 euro per person for 3 nights full board accommodation (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
198 euro per person for 4 nights full board accommodation (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
Participation fee includes:
- Accommodation in hotels and apartments, according to the price selected;
- 2 double rooms per group with no supplement to be paid (one for the leaders of the group and another for the drivers of the bus). The rest of the rooms are with 3 and 4 beds;
- Tourist guides for sightseeing of the town (on request only);
- Advertising of the festival (press conference, radio, TV channels, posters and flyers);
- Professional sound equipment: (2 bass speakers, 4 satellite speakers, 2 monitor speakers…);
- Professional light equipment;
- Certificates for participation in the festival;
- Drinks during the performance;
- Souvenir and gift for each group;
- DVD and photos of the festival.
Participation fee does not include:
- On request, a professional tour guide can be hired to accompany the group on their excursions, but the travel guide expenses will be covered by the group.
- Health insurance (First Aid and Medical Hospital will be available, medical services must be covered by the group).
- Parking for the bus in the center of the town.
- Macedonian tourist tax (0.70 cents per person per day).
Day 1: 10.11.2022
Arriving in Ohrid, hotel accommodation
Meeting with the organizer in order to discuss details about the festival; upon arrival groups will be given a program with exact time schedule for each of the activities mentioned in this program.
Lunch in hotel (if FB)
Dinner in hotel
Breakfast in the hotel
Ohrid sightseeing: Sightseeing of Ohrid: at the Monument of the City Center (St. Clement), National workshop for hand made paper, St. Sofia church, Bridge of wishes, Kaneo church, Plaosnik (2 Euro), Antique theatre, Samoil fortress (1 Euro)
Lunch in the hotel (if FB)
Parade and performance of the participants (First festival evening)
Dinner in hotel
Day 3: 12.11.2022
Breakfast in the hotel
Sightseeing of the ethno village "ANDREVCI" village Godivje - visit of cultural and historical monuments, monastery "St. Gjorgjija, 13th century "church of St. Spas, visit to Ethno Museum, entrance 2 euros, with the possibility for everyone who enters the Museum will get a free drink, Brandy, Wine, or juice. Lunch in the Ethno village "ANDREVCI" for those who are with full board, for those who are half board can order lunch on favorable terms.
Dinner in the hotel
Day 4: 13.11.2022
Breakfast in the hotel
Checking out of the hotel
Departure to Skopje city: sightseeing the city center with all the monuments, Porta Macedonia, City square, visiting Skopje Fortress, Skopje old bazaar (optional: lunch), Stone Bridge, Memorial House of St. Mother Teresa, Daut Pasha Hamam…
* The organizer reserves the right to change the festival program.
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.