Lloret de Mar, Costa Brava Spain
Director: Mrs. Ludmila Pritulchik
The project “World Palette” is the system of prestigious international plein air-contests with extensive excursion program. During 2017 - 2018 academic year (festival season) a range of plein air-contests is held in various cities all around the World. The Super Final of the festival season will be held in October 2018 in Saint-Petersburg. The 1-st degree Laureates at any of the festivals-contests, held during the festival season 2017-2018 in the framework of the Salute to Talents project, are allowed to take part in Super Final.
Costa Brava is one of the most scenic stretch of the Mediterranean coast joining together magnificent beach resorts and outdoor activities and tourism zones. Cliffs and emerald spurs of the Pyrenees covered with pines and firs inspired Salvador Dali and Antoni Gaudí. With the help of «Salute to Talents» Costa Brava is turning into Costa del Arte – the coast of creativity where everyone will be able to express himself!
- Painting and graphics;
Age categories of members:
- Pre-School age group – up 7 years
- Junior age group – 7-10 years
- Middle age group – 11-13 years
- Senior age group – 14 -18 years
- Adult age group – over 18 years
The rules of participation:
Jury of the Festival:
Prizes and awards:
Warsaw - Dresden – Luxembourg – Paris – 5 days on the Spain coast (Costa Brava - Lloret de Mar) – Strasbourg - Nurnberg
(2 overnight travels)
1-st day, 25th June 2018 (Brest - Warsaw)
Arriving to Brest (arrival time recommended is before 6 am). Receiving the group with the guide at a railway station. Boarding the bus, departure before 6 am, Belarusian-Polish border crossing. Transfer to Warsaw (about 200 km).
- Walking tour around Old Town: you will see the beautiful and cozy center of Old Town, Warsaw's Castle Square, Royal Castle, St. John's Cathedral, Old Town Market Place, Mermaid – the symbol of Warsaw.
- Sketching in Warsaw.
The transfer for accommodation at the overnight location to the hotel close to the Polish-Czech border (about 450 km).
Night at the hotel.
2-nd day, 26th 2018 (Dresden)
Breakfast. Transfer to Dresden (200 км).
- Excursion around Dresden with visit to the Zwinger, the Cathedral of the Holy Trinity and the embankment of the Elbe River.
- Sketching in Dresden.
- Old Masters Gallery in Dresden, Germany, that displays around 750 paintings from the 15-th to the 18-th centuries. It includes major Italian Renaissance works as well as Dutch and Flemish paintings. Outstanding works by German, French and Spanish painters of the period are also among the gallery's attractions*.
The transfer for accommodation at the overnight location to the hotel to Luxemburg (680 км). Night at the hotel.
3-rd day, 27th June 2018 (Luxembourg)
Breakfast. Walk around Luxembourg with a tour to Adolphe and the Grand Duchess Charlotte Bridges, Notre-Dame Cathedral. Transfer to Paris (370 km). Sightseeing tour around Paris: Champs Elysées, Triumphal arch, the Paris Opera, the Notre Dame Cathedral, the Palais de Justice, and fortress-prison Conciergerie. Sketching in Paris. Boat tour around the Senna River*. Night at the hotel.
4-th day, 28th June 2018 (Paris)
Breakfast. There are 2 options: Visit to Disneyland*. Disneyland is a complex of amusement parks of the company "Walt Disney" in the city of Marne-la-Valais 32 km. east of Paris. The area of the park is about 1943 hectares. Cowboys, Indians and gold diggers, ghosts and phantoms, characters of your favorite cartoons and fairy-tale heroes will be at your side all day, while you entertain at all kinds of attractions, take part in the Parade or have a dinner at a fabulous restaurant. Walk around Paris: Ascent to the Eiffel Tower *, visiting the Louvre Museum * d'Orsay *, etc. Overnight travel to Costa Brava (1000 km).
Arriving to Lloret de Mar, one of the scenic and famous resort of the Spanish cost of Costa Brava.
Breakfast at extra cost*. Rest on the beach.
Sketching on the beach or in the city.
Check-in after 14:00.
Workshop. Lunch. Dinner. Night at the hotel.
6-th day, 30th June 2018 (Figueres)
Sketching on the beach or in the city.
Transfer to Figueres:
- Figueres city tour.
- Teatre-Museu Gala Salvador Dalí, a large museum designed by Dalí himself which attracts many visitors*.
Transfer to the hotel. Dinner. Night in the hotel.
7-th day, 1st July 2018 (Sightseeing tours around Tossa de Mar and Barcelona)
Breakfast. Transfer to Tossa de Mar – small picturesque city that inspired Marc Chagal.
- Tossa de Mar city tour.
- The Municipal Museum, built in Late Gothic style, is situated in the Governor's House, inside the Vila Vella enceinte. It houses an important collection of contemporary art with works of Spanish and foreign artists who frequented Tossa de Mar during the 1930s, such as the Celestial Violinist by Marc Chagall*.
Sightseeing tour around Barcelona.
- Sightseeing tour around Barcelona: the Gothic Quarter, Barcelona Cathedral, Royal Palace, the Palace of the Government of Catalonia and the City Hall of Barcelona, Sagrada Familia cathedral, Casa Batlló and Casa Milà.
- Sketching in Barcelona.
Rest on the beach.
Dinner. Night at the hotel.
8-th day, 2nd July 2018 (Festival)
Breakfast. Transfer to Festival. Exhibition of the best works. Master-class. Awards ceremony. Diploma and cup awarding. Panel discussion for jury members, directors and educators. At the end of the day children and educators will get souvenirs, directors and educators will also get appreciation letters and panel discussion participation certificates that can be used to obtain advances training grant for educators. Lunch during the festival day. Transfer to the hotel. Night at the hotel.
9-th day, 3rd July 2018 / Costa Brava (Lloret de Mar)
Breakfast. Check-out at 10:00. Rest on the beach. Overnight travel to Strasbourg (1000 kм).
10-th day, 4th July 2018 (Strasbourg)
- Walk around Strasbourg: Strasbourg Cathedral, the oldest pharmacy in France (1268), the Kammerzell House (ХV century), Market Square, the Quarter «Little France». Free time.
- Sketching in Strasbourg.
Check-in. Night at the hotel.
11-th day, 5th July 2018 (Rothenburg ob der Tauber)
Breakfast. Transfer to Rothenburg ob der Tauber.
- Walk around the city: small and cozy old town that presents classic german architecture of XIII-XV centuries. You will see Historic town hall with clock tower and Meistertrunk clock, St. James' Church, Craft House (Handwerkerhaus) - 11 rooms showing the everyday life of craftsmen's families in Rothenburg.
The transfer for accommodation at the overnight location to the hotel in Poland (500 km).
Night at the hotel.
Arriving at Brest.
559 Euro per person /Prices are approximate (last year)/
Participation fee includes:
Excursions according to the program;
Russian-speaking guide according to the program;
2 nights in the hotel in Poland;
1 night in the hotel in Germany;
1 night in the hotel in the suburb of Paris;
4 nights in the hotel on the coast of Costa Brava;
1 night in the hotel in France;
9 continental breakfast in hotels;
4 dinners in the hotel in Spain;
4 lunches in the hotel in Spain;
Participation fee doesn't include:
Medical insurance – 1 euro per a day**;
Any museum’s admissions and ticketing;
A visit to Disneyland and Port Aventura Parks.
* - not included into the price of the trip.
Payment will be counted regarding to the rate of the Central Bank of Russia + 2%
The price is valid for a group of 40 and more people. This price includes group transfer during the program. In case if the group is less than 40 people, the price will be recalculated.
The price includes city tour in English or Russian languages. Extra payment for a guide will take place if the group has a need to have city tour in other languages.
The price can change in connection with change of currency rate.
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.