3rd International Folk Festival ALEXANDRIA - GREECE
July 13th – July 16th, 2018
The city of Alexandria, bearing the name of Alexander the Great, is built in the heart of the plain of Imathia. Only 50km from Thessaloniki city, 65Km from the airport and only 35km from the exquisite coasts of the blue Aegean Sea.
The city is a modern urban centre, with shops, services and intense cultural activity. In Alexandria it is worth visiting the railway station, the house of Mehmet Sefik Pasha, the Monastery of Agia Kyriaki, as well as the little church of Agios Ioannis Theologos. The ancient city of Vergina is just 25 km from the city of Alexandria. It is the ancient city of Aiges. Aiges was the first seat of the kingdom of Ancient Macedonia which remained buried for about 23 centuries. The first important dig was made by the team of archaeology Professor Manolis Andronikos in 1977 and its results filled with awe and admiration the international scientific community and the public alike. In our days, the Palace and the Theatre of the ancient Aiges, as well as the Great Tomb of the Kings attract great numbers of visitors who admire the important discoveries in the capital city of Macedonia and birthplace of the King Philip II and his son Alexander the Great, of Greece.
Participants in the festival:
Type of groups that can participate:
- Traditional folk dance groups
- Folk song groups
Conditions for participation:
- The Organizing Committee accepts only adults (over 16 years old). Number of participating groups is limited.
- Each group should bring a flag of their country and if available, a board with the name of their group.
- The group should prepare from 12 to 15 minutes program accompanied by their own orchestra or CD.
98 Euro per person in Paradise Hotel & Hall ***
Participation fee includes:
- 4 days (3 nights) (half board - breakfast and dinner - in three bed rooms).
- One extra dinner after performance.
- Transport from the hotel to the performance place.
* Every 25 participants, one is free.
Participation fee does not include:
- Accommodation in double rooms, in case of availability, will cost an extra five (5) Euros a day per person, ΗΒ.
- Optional Tours. Seasonal prices vary according to the number of participants. Such tours will be available at your convenience. Special list of daily excursions will be delivered 2 weeks before arrival.
- First aid and emergency support will be provided, but medical services must be covered by the group. The participant’s safety is on his/her personal responsibility.
Program of the festival:
13/7/2018: Day of arrival - Check in at hotel from 01:00 p.m. – The rest of the total amount for the group, must be paid on this day - A detailed program and a person in charge will be provided to each group. Free time for rest, optional activities, explore the area. - Dinner (in consultation with the hotel).
14/7/2018: Breakfast - Free day from morning till noon – Optional excursion (Thessaloniki - Halkidiki famous coasts) – Midday meal (in consultation with the hotel). - Departure from hotel at 7:00 p.m. dressed in traditional costumes and transfer to the place where the show will be held. Gifts will be offered to you by the local Municipality during the performance. During the performance water and traditional Greek delicacies - sweets will be offered. After the performance dinner will be offered.
15/7/2018: Breakfast – Day free, for rest, optional excursions (Ancient Vergina – Pieria coasts ) - activities. Dinner (in consultation with the hotel).
16/7/2018: Breakfast - Departure of the groups.
* Certificates of participation will be given
** Official Invitation letter will be provided and any help for visa documents if requested by the group.
*** Participation without using our accommodation can be discussed.
Any group willing to participate must submit an Application form.
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.
As a next step, 50% of the total amount should be paid before May 10th 2018. Upon receiving your payment, an invitation letter will be sent to you. The rest of the total amount for the group must be received on the day of your arrival in Syros Island. In case of cancellation no refund is given,