Ohrid North Macedonia
Director: Mr.Jovan Jonoski
Welcome to Ohrid, the Pearl on the Balkans, as our visitors tend to say. Ohrid is a blend of the traditional and the contemporary, the main spiritual, cultural and touristic center in Macedonia, a UNESCO World Heritage site as a cultural, and with the Ohrid Lake as a natural rarity. The numerous historical monuments found in their close surrounding speak of the tradition and dedication of the Macedonian people. You can explore the history and the culture, go shopping, go on different excursions and enjoy the gastronomy of this city. Here, as a rarity scarcely found anywhere else, the deep traces merge eras and empires, kingdoms and quests, weaving the fine thread of historical continuity on the Balkans. On the other hand, nature hasn’t spared its beauties stretched down from the lake shores and up to the Galichica Mountain on which peak one can enjoy the sight of two lakes, the Ohrid and the Prespa Lake. Explore and choose your favorite beaches and fun places for daytime or nighttime, choose a restaurant where you can eat and drink and taste the homemade food while listening to our traditional music. Visit the city museums, gates, churches, and galleries. You can learn about the history of our town. Go on a tour on the lake, mountains and surrounding villages. Enjoy your stay in Ohrid! Stay as long as you can and Ohrid will stay with you forever.
Lake Ohrid straddles the mountainous border between southwestern Macedonia and eastern Albania. It is one of Europe’s deepest and oldest lakes, preserving a unique aquatic ecosystem that is of worldwide importance, with more than 200 endemic species. It came into being about three million years ago according to the latest scientific researches. It was formed in remote geological ages as a result of tectonic shifts. There are only a few lakes in the world today whose antiquity can be compared to that of Lake Ohrid. Enjoy the magnificent landscapes of a lake placed in a cradle of mountains. These landscapes change with the movement of the clouds and the reflection of the sunlight, depending on the position of the sun, in ever-changing patterns that will always surprise you by its magical beauty, like a dreamy fairytale…
Purpose of the festival:The organizer of this festival is the Cultural Art Society "Debarca". The main idea of the organizers is to bring in Ohrid and to the festival different folklore and national art groups from all around the world so that the participants will have the possibility to meet new people, make new friendship relationships and also, see the beauties of our town Ohrid and Ohrid lake, which are under the protection of UNESCO. The main goal of the festival is to bring different cultures closer, through dances, music, and interesting national costumes.
Terms and condtions of the festival:
- Groups from all over the world can take part in this festival.
- Folk dance groups, modern dance groups, choirs, but also majorette teams and brass bands and orchestras are welcome to apply.
- The number of participants and followers is not limited.
- There is no age limit (beside youth and children participants, older or veterans also may participate).
- It is necessary to prepare a minimum of one program with a duration of 12-15 minutes per program.
- Each group should bring the national flag of the country that they represent.
- It is also necessary to visibly display panel on which the name of your group and the name of your country is inscribed.
- On request, a professional tourist guide can be hired to accompany the group on their excursions, but the travel guide expenses will be covered by the group.
- It is recommended that groups should bring about 12-15 small gifts for exchange.
- Participants can perform with orchestras (recommended) or with recorded music (on CD or USB).
- In order to participate in this festival, every group needs to fill in an application form. When applying, if possible, please provide some photos, videos or a brief history of the group. These materials will be used for promotional and advertising purposes (in advertisements, fliers, and posters).
- After receiving the application form and completion of advance payment, the organizer will send an official letter of invitation for participation at the Festival.
- The rest of the payment should be completed immediately after the group arrives in order to take part at the festival.
Participation fee:Regular prices:
- 63 Euro per person for 3 nights half board accommodation (breakfast and dinner)
- 83 Euro per person for 4 nights half board accommodation (breakfast and dinner)
- 73 Euro per person for 3 nights full board accommodation (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- 93 Euro per person for 4 nights full board accommodation (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
If you choose Hotel "Chingo" or Hotel "Mizo" there is only half-board (breakfast and dinner) with the following prices:
- 75 Euro per person for 3 nights half board in Hotel "Chingo"
99 Euro per person for 4 nights half board in Hotel "Chingo"
- 90 Euro per person for 3 nights half board in Hotel "Mizo"
119 Euro per person for 4 nights half board in Hotel "Mizo"
- If there are 24 paying participants in a group, the 25th will be free of charge.
- Supplement for double room is 5 Еuro per person per day.
- Supplement for accommodation in a single room is + 50% of the price to be paid for the single person accommodated in such room.
- Important! Macedonian Tourist Tax (0.70 cents euro per person per day) is not calculated in the price and is to be paid after arrival and accommodation.
- Hotel "Makotex" (3 stars)
- Hotel "Montenegrinn" (3 stars)
- Hotel "Ambasador" (3 stars)
- Hotel "Lovec" (3 stars)
- Apartments "Monika" (2 stars)
- Villa Sparadise
Personal responsibility and health insurance are within the other obligations of the groups. First Aid and Medical Hospital will be available, medical Hospital will be available, medical services must be covered by the group.
Participation fee includes:
- Accommodation in hotels and apartments, according to the price selected;
- 2 double rooms per group with no supplement to be paid (one for the leaders of the group and another for the drivers of the bus). The rest of the rooms are with 3 and 4 beds;
- Tourist guides for sightseeing of the town (on request only);
- Advertising of the festival (press conference, radio, TV channels, posters, and flyers);
- Professional sound equipment: (2 bass speakers, 4 satellite speakers, 2 monitor speakers…);
- Professional light equipment;
- Certificates for participation in the festival;
- Drinks during the performance;
- Souvenir and gift for each group;
- DVD and photos of the festival.
Participation fee does not include:
- On request, a professional tour guide can be hired to accompany the group on their excursions, but the travel guide expenses will be covered by the group.
- Health insurance (First Aid and Medical Hospital will be available, medical services must be covered by the group).
- Parking for the bus in the center of the town.
Arriving in Ohrid, hotel accommodation;
Meeting with the organizer in order to discuss details about the festival;
Lunch in the hotel (if FB) and free activities (swimming in Ohrid Lake);
Dinner in hotel;
Ohrid sightseeing: At the Monument of the City Center (St. Clement), National workshop for hand made paper, St. Sofia church, Antique theater, Samoil’s Fortress (1 Euro), Plaosnik (2 Euro), Kaneo church;
Lunch in the hotel (if FB) and free activities (swimming);
Parade and performance of the participants (First festival evening);
Dinner in the hotel.
Breakfast in the hotel;
Cruising with boat on Lake Ohrid to St. Naum monastery (8 Euro);
Parade through the city;
Festival evening (performance of the participants, a certificate for the participants by the organizers, and at the very end of the festival participants can exchange gifts and contacts with each other);
Dinner in the hotel.
Checking out of Hotels.
Skopje tour - sightseeing the city center with all the monuments: Porta Macedonia, City square, visiting Skopje Fortress, Skopje old bazaar (optional: lunch), Stone Bridge, Memorial House of St. Mother Teresa, Daut Pasha Hamam…
*The organizer reserves the right to change the festival program.
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.