Director: Mr. Pierpaolo Albano
Assisi, a particular city for its vocation to meet and promote peace and respect, continues to promote and spread a culture of dialogue that truly welcomes everyone and offers everyone the values of the common good, behind the example and the stimulus of St. Francis and St. Clare.
The review "Assisi Pax Mundi", organized by the Franciscan Families of Assisi with the collaboration of the Musical Chapel of the Papal Basilica of St. Francis and now in its sixth edition, intends to offer a possibility of dialogue for communion and peace. The artists participating in it are indeed invited not only to present their own repertoire, but also to meet others in the wonderful setting of the city of the Poverello and to share experiences and feelings that enrich each other.
The event will take place from 22 to 25 October 2020, with concerts that will take place at different times of the day in the Franciscan places of Assisi and its surroundings; the culmination of the event will be the final concert which will see the participation of all the registered groups. The event will end with a solemn Eucharistic Celebration in the Upper Basilica of St. Francis and the execution of the Canticle of the Creatures by Fr. Domenico Stella, with the participation of all the choirs and instrumental groups.
Morning: Arrival of various groups and accommodation in hotels. Meeting with our staff and presentation of the days
16.30: Piazza del Comune. Greetings from representatives of Franciscan families and authorities. Inaugural lecture. Welcome toast
21.00: Opening concert
23/10 Friday, 24/10 Saturday
11.00 - 12.00 / 16.00 - 17.00 / 19.30 - 21.00: Concerts in the various Franciscan places
Concert in the presence of all the participating groups
9.30: Singing tests in the Upper Basilica of San Francesco. Groups will be provided with useful materials (scores and subsidies) for participation in the event
10.30: Solemn Celebration in the Upper Basilica of St. Francis. To follow: Execution of the "Canticle of the Creatures of Fr. D.M.Stella" with the participation of all the present groups.
- 195 Euro per person for 3 HB accommodation in Room 3/4 people in Hotel 3 *
- 210 Euro per person for 3 HB accommodation in Double room in Hotel 3 *
- Single room: supplement of 19 Euro per person per night calculated on the double room
- Full board supplement: 15 Euro per day
- 260 Euro per person for 3 HB accommodation in Room 3/4 people in Hotel 4 *
- 285 Euro per person for 3 HB accommodation in Double room in Hotel 4 *
- Single room: 24 Euro per person per night supplement calculated on the double room
- Full board supplement: 18 Euro per day
Participation fee includes:
- Treatment of half board
- Drinks not included
- participation in the event
- Assistance from our staff on site
- Information material
- Tourist tax to be paid locally: to be defined
Assisi: Guided tour of the steps of St. Francis
- Perugia: Visit to the city with viita at the Eurochocolate stands
- Foligno and Spello
- Spoleto and Orvieto
Transfers to and from hotels, airports, ports and railway stations
- Individual transfers during congresses, meetings and events
- Shuttle service to and from restaurant
- Turistic itineraries
- Guided tours and excursions (multilingual)
- Additional pre and post event nights
- PLUS medical baggage insurance policies
- Assistance of our staff on site
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.