Ohrid North Macedonia
Director: Aleksandar Petreski
until 1 March 2019
Ohrid is Macedonia’s most seductive destination, with an atmospheric old quarter cascading down a graceful hill, crammed full of beautiful churches and topped by the bones of a medieval castle. Its cobbled streets are flanked by traditional restaurants and lakeside cafes, but it’s not a complete tourist circus just yet and still has a lived-in feel – particularly in the upper reaches of the Old Town. Best of all is that you can be skipping through historic monuments one minute and lying on a deck chair with your toes in the water the next – its location right on the edge of serene Lake Ohrid is hard to beat, and a lovely little town beach and boardwalk help make the most of its natural charms.
Purpose of the festival:
General terms and conditions:
- Groups from all over the world can take part in this festival.
- Folk dance groups, modern dance groups, choirs, but also majorette teams and brass bands and orchestras are welcome to apply.
- The number of participants and followers is not limited.
- There is no age limit (beside youth and children participants, older or veterans also may participate)
- It is necessary to prepare minimum one program with the duration of 12 – 15 minutes per program.
- Each group should bring the national flag of the country that they represent.
- It is also necessary to visibly display panel on which the name of your group and the name of your country is inscribed.
- It is recommended that groups should bring about 12 – 15 small gifts for exchange.
- Participants can perform with orchestras (recommended) or with recorded music (on CD or USB).
- In order to participate in this festival, every group needs to fill in an application form. When applying, if possible, please provide some photos, videos or brief history of the group. These materials will be used for promotional and advertising purposes (in advertisements, fliers and posters).
Festival organizer provides:
- Accommodation in hotels and apartments, and meals according to the price selected
- 2 double rooms per group with no supplement to be paid (one for the leaders of the group and another for the drivers of the bus). The rest of the rooms are with 3 and 4 beds.
- Free parking for the bus (away from the center of the town)
- On request, each group will have a person available to accompany them on their excursions and to inform them about details regarding the festival.
- Certificates for participation in the festival
- Advertising of the festival (press conference, radio, TV channels, posters and flyers)
- After the festival finishes, organizers will send you a DVD and photos of the festival program for each group.
- We have our own professional stage where concert performances take place, size: 10×8 meters
- We have professional sound and light equipment
- 59 Euro per person for 3 nights half board accommodation (breakfast and dinner)
- 79 Euro per person for 4 nights half board accommodation (breakfast and dinner)
- 99 Euro per person for 5 nights half board accommodation (breakfast and dinner)
- 65 Euro per person for 3 nights full board accommodation (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- 85 Euro per person for 4 nights full board accommodation (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- 105 Euro per person for 5 nights full board accommodation (breakfast, lunch and dinner
- If there are 20 paying participants in a group, the 21st will be free of charge.
- Supplement for double room is 5 euro per day per person.
- Supplement for accommodation in a single room is + 50% of the price to be paid for the single person accommodated in such room
- Important! Macedonian Tourist Tax (0.70 cents euro per person per day) is not calculated in the price and is to be paid after arrival and accommodation.
- Accommodation in: Hotels and Apartments
Participation fee does not inculde:
- On request, a professional tour guide can be hired to accompany the group on their excursions, but the travel guide expenses will be covered by the group.
- Health insurance (First Aid and Medical Hospital will be available, medical services must be covered by the group).
- Parking for the bus in the center of the town.
Any group willing to participate must submit an Application form.
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.