Budva - Bar Montenegro
Director: Mr. Zoran Strezovski
until 15 October 2019
One of the oldest settlements on the Adriatic coast, first mentioned in historical records more than two and a half thousand years ago as the “town of Illyria,” this is a place that must be visited during a stay in the Riviera. A legend tells that Budva was established by Cadmus, a son of the Phoenician king, Agenor, and his Queen, Telephassa. Cadmus was the conqueror and ruler of the Greek province of Boeotia and, when he was exiled from the city of Thebes, together with his wife Harmonia, he found refuge with an Illyrian tribe called the Enchelei. According to the legend, Cadmus arrived with a team of oxen, which is where Budva got its name from (bous is Greek for ox). The older names of Budva were Butua, Buthos, Butoba and Civitas Antique (the Old Town). Throughout history, it has been a target of different conquerors (Greeks, Romans, Slavs, Saracens, Turks, Venetians, Austro-Hungarians, French...) and as a result it has belonged to many different states. The Old Town is a unique architectural and urban whole, surrounded by medieval walls, complete with a fortress, towers and gates. During the course of its history, the Old Town suffered the greatest damage in an earthquake in 1667, while the consequences of the 1979 earthquake were also serious. Along the narrow streets and on the small piazzas and squares, there are lines of cafes, boutiques, bars, restaurants, galleries... while the town becomes a genuine “Theatre City” during the summer months, thanks to the numerous plays, concerts and exhibitions it plays host to. This is also the name of the festival which has been enriching this old costal town since 1987, lending it a special colour and charm. Its many religious buildings – the oldest church of Santa Maria in Punta, the Church of St John and the Church of St Sabbas the Sanctified – have the special value. Next to the Church of St John are the remains of an early Christian basilica while the remains of the Church of St Maria are located on the Citadela. Between the churches is a stage for the plays of the “Theatre City”. Original Roman columns, set into the walls of Budva’s oldest gate, can also be seen in the Old Town.
Bar - an ancient city.
A modern city with wide boulevards, surrounded by Mediterranean vegetation, Bar represents the biggest tourist and nautical center at the entrance to the Adriatic Sea. its panorama today consists of tourist sites, restaurants, shops, sports facilities and a dock with 1150 berths.
Two equally beautiful shores in the Municipality of Bar, those of the Adriatic Sea and Lake Skadar, the former stretching for 46 km with 9 km of beaches and the latter being 65 km long, are ready to satisfy the diverse tastes of tourists. This entire area, surrounded by water, comfortably rests between the Adriatic Sea and Skadar Lake. The Ruminja mountain rises high up into the skies between these two watery giants. Here there are rich farming areas with many springs coming down from the mountains to the see, with fields abundant in Mediterranean flora and agriculture, whilst on the other side, which is steeper and sunnier, slopes down towards Skadar Lake.
The eternal beauty of the Bar area, its beaches, waters, moderate climate, Mediterranean plants, cultural and historical monuments, culture and entertainment are here for you to come and discover all the beauties of this place and to enjoy them.
- Festival is a non-competitive sample of traditional and modern dances, choral groups, brass bands, orchestras and majorette teams.
- Every Folklore, Choral group, brass bands, orchestras and majorette Teams, modern dance groups have the right to participate.
- Children's ensembles (2/3 of the participants must be 16 or younger), Youth ensembles (2/3 of the participants must be 25 or younger), adult ensembles (1/3 of the participants must be older than 25).
- On the festival may participate folklore dance groups, modern dance groups, vocal groups, instrumental groups and soloists, as well as groups and performers from other art styles.
- The number of participants are limited (only 3 groups from each country),
- Each group should consist of most 50 members including dancers, managers and musicians,
- Ensemble should have prepared at least 2 dances, total program of 12-15 minutes each with orchestra or CD. The performances will be in the evening hours so you can plan the day ahead and use it for visiting the historical part of the city.
- To send us short CV and 2 – 3 photos of the group,
- To take a flag of the country,
- Ensembles should have there own transport for arrival and departure,
69 Euro per person for 3 nights half board (2 meals per day)
89 Euro per person for 4 nights half board (2 meals per day)
75 Euro for 3 HB per person (3 nights with 2 meals per day- open buffet)
95 Euro for 4 HB per person (4 nights with 2 meals per day (Half Board). It covers hotel accommodation in 3* hotel- Hotel Loza,or hotel PALMA with 2 meals per day in (two double rooms for leaders and drivers), 1/3 or 1/4 bedrooms with own toilet, Hotel Loza situated in the centre of the city with public bus parking ) www.hotelloza-budva.com
- Supplement for accommodation in double room is 6 Euro per person per day.
- Supplement for accommodation in single room is 15 Euro per person per day.
Important! Montenegro Tourist Tax (1.50 euro per person per day) is not calculated in the price and is to be paid after arrival and accommodation.
Participation fee includes:
- for 22 dancers – one gratis (21 + 1 free of charge),
- souvenir and gift for each group,
- Welcome cocktail
- Certificate for attendance,
- drinks during the performance,
- tourist guides for sightseeing of the town,
- reception in city hall,
- advertising of the festival (press conference, radio and tv channels, posters and flayers).
Personal responsibility and health insurance are within the other obligations of the groups. First Aid and Medical Hospital will be available, medical services must be covered by the group.
After Groups arrived in Hotel will be given detailed program of the festival and each group will have guide during festival. After the festival finish organizers will send you DVD from the festival program for each group and photos.The copy right of all video materials and pictures are ownership of the Organization of the Festival.
The festival will organize the transport for the groups coming by plane by picking them up from Tivat airport, during the festival days and back to the same airport. The cost of the transportation will be covered by the group and will be additionally agreed according to their number.
By applying you confirm that you accept all festival conditions. All detailed information will be supply after your confirmation for participations.
Number of participants is limited on 400 or 10 groups.
Any group willing to participate must submit an Application form.
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.