Struga - Ohrid - Skopje North Macedonia
Director: Mr. Zoran Strezovski
until 24 May 2019until 24 May 2019 -5%
With pleasure we INVITE you (children, youth and adults groups), (Folk ensembles, Choral groups, majorette teams and modern dance groups) to participate on VII International music & folk–dance festival "Ohrid Summer Festival"
The intention of our invitation and the Festival light motive is to present the cultural tradition of different countries and to provide an opportunity for the members of groups to get together, to establish friendships and culture presentation trough dance and music.
Struga – CITY OF BRIDGES - is located in the south-west part of the Republic of Macedonia near Ohrid, on the coast of Ohrid Lake. It spreads on the banks of the river Black Drim which flows through the lake and continues its flow through Struga and further. Its architecture is defined by the beautiful elaborately decorated houses of the wealthy citizens. There is a saying that goes like this: “There’s no place like Struga.” Struga is also a place of important cultural significance in the Republic of Macedonia, as it is the birthplace of the poets Konstantin and Dimitar Miladinov. The main event of the cultural life in Struga is the world’s largest poetry gathering, Struga Poetry Evenings, whose laureates have included several Nobel Prize for Literature winners such as Joseph Brodsky, Eugenio Montale, Pablo Neruda, Seamus Heaney, Fazıl Hüsnü Dağlarca and many others since 1966. There are several cultural monuments in Struga and in its vicinity, such as the Monastery of Kališta, a few kilometers away from the town center, on the shore of Lake Ohrid. It is believed that it dates from the 16th century, with frescoes from the 14th and the 15th centuries.
Ohrid City – a mixture of rich history and modern life...
Ohrid is an immortal town on the mythical Balkan, a magical hill of Macedonia whose primordial pulsation links ancient and modern times forever... Ohrid has been a living town for 2400 years, notable for having 365 churches, one for each day of the year, and is referred to as the Macedonian Jerusalem. Archaeological finds indicate that Ohrid is one of the oldest human settlements in all of Europe. The lake itself is over three million years old. Ohrid in the past was known as Lychnidos - or, “the city of light.” Only much later, in 879 CE, was it renamed Ohrid. The name probably derives from the phrase “Oh-rid” – meaning roughly, “Oh, what a cliff!” It comes from the time when the town was limited in a small area on the lake side of the hill, which in fact is a huge cliff rising above the lakeshore. Ohrid briefly became the capital of the kingdom ruled by Car Samuil, whose fortress still presides over the city today. In 1979 and in 1980, Ohrid and Lake Ohrid were accepted as a Cultural and Natural World Heritage Sites by UNESCO. In fact, Ohrid is one of only 28 sites that are part of UNESCO's World Heritage that are both Cultural and Natural sites.
Lake Ohrid – The Lake That Leaves You Breathless…
Lake Ohrid is one of the world's oldest lakes, formed millions of years ago… Lake Ohrid rightly deserves the name “Macedonia’s freshwater sea”. Not only for its warm water blue colour, which gains its intensity from the sky blue colour, but because of its size, this lake gives an impression of being a sea. The importance of the lake was further emphasized when it was declared a World Heritage site by UNESCO in 1979 and when, in 2010, NASA decided to name one of Titan's lakes after Lake Ohrid.
21.00. Welcome reception with leaders
- Dancing together
21.00 Macedonian evening party in restaurant (optional) or free time
The number of groups participants of the festival are not limited,
Every group has the right to participate.
Children's ensembles (2/3 of the participants must be 16 or younger), Youth ensembles (2/3 of the participants must be 25 or younger), adult ensembles (1/3 of the participants must be older than 25).
It is a non-competitive sample of traditional and modern dances and music performed by groups.
In the festival may participate children's and youth folklore dance groups, modern dance groups, vocal groups, instrumental groups and soloists, as well as groups and performers from other art styles.
The number of participants are limited (only 3 groups from each country),
Each group should consist of most 50 members including dancers, managers and musicians,
Ensemble should have prepared at least 2 folk dances 12-15 minutes each with orchestra or CD.
The Choral groups - two parts from 12 – 18 minutes free program. The performances will be in the evening hours so you can plan the day ahead and use it for visiting the historical part of the city and excursions. Also, we will choose the best girl's and men's folk costume and the best dancing couple
To send us short CV on English and 2-3 photos of the group,
To take a flag of the country,
Ensembles should have there own transport for arrival and departure,
59 Euro per person for 3 HB (3 nights with 2 meals per day (Half Board)).
79 Euro per person for 4 HB (4 nights with 2 meals per day (Half Board)).
65 Euro per person for 3 FB (3 nights with 3 meals per day (Full Board)).
85 Euro per person for 4 FB (4 nights with 3 meals per day (Full Board)).
Participation fee includes:
- It covers hotel accommodation with 3 meals per day in 3*** hotels which are located on the coast of Ohrid Lake, in 1/2, 1/3 or 1/4 bedrooms with own toilet and bathrooms and hotels in the centre of the city.
Festival organizers provide:
- for 21 dancers – one gratis, 20+1 free of charge.
- souvenir and gift for each group,
- Certificate for attendance,
- Welcome cocktail
- Disco party with drinks
- drinks during the performance,
- tourist guides for sightseeing of the town,
- free parking
- reception in city hall,
- advertising of the festival (press conference, radio and tv channels, posters)
- Professional stage where concert performances take place, size: 10x8 meters
- Professional sound equipment: (2 bass speakers, 4 satellite speakers, 2 monitor speakers…)
- Professional light equipment
- DVD and photos of the festival
- For the groups arriving by plane we will organize transfer from the Ohrid airport to the hotel free of charge
Personal responsibility and health insurance are within the other obligations of the groups. First Aid and Medical Hospital will be available, medical services must be covered by the group.
- On your request, You can continue your stay in Struga or Ohrid . Price will be 20 Euro per day per person FB – price is special for the participants in festivals that we can provide.
- After Groups arrived in Hotel will be given detailed program of the festival and each group will have guide during festival.
- After the festival finish organizers will send you DVD from the festival program for each group and photos. The copy right of all video materials and pictures are ownership of the Organization of the Festival.
- The festival will organize the transport for the groups coming by plane by picking them up from airport, during the festival days and back to the airport. You can also arrive through Skopje, Tirana (Albania) or Thessaloniki (Greece) Airport which are only 200 km from Ohrid. The cost of the transportation will be covered by the group and will be additionally agreed according to their number. We will also assist you in obtaining visa for Macedonia if necessary.
- Also, you can arrive by plane in Ohrid airport and we will organize free transport to the hotel.
Any group willing to participate must submit an Application form.
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.
Application Form until 24 May 2019