Director: Selçuk Yıldız
until 31 May 2019
This festival is the perfect occasion for different groups from various countries to gather together so that they could express their culture and nation through dances, music and interesting national costumes. Çanakkale and Çan will be the host and the gathering place for dance groups and national art groups from all around the world to meet new people, make new friendship relationships and also, seeing the beauties of our town .The idea of the festival is to develop new forms of communication in the international dialogue and international cooperation in the future.
The province of Canakkale lies on both sides of the Dardanelles which connects the Sea of Marmara to the Aegean Sea. Its shores touch both Europe (with the Gelibolu Peninsula) and Asia (with the Biga Peninsula) and there are regular ferries between the two sides. The Canakkale Marina, besides those of Karabiga, Gelibolu, Bozcaada and Kucukkuyu, hosts the colorful yachts which pass through the strait and make a stopover at Canakkale, to see this historical and mythological rich area, homeland of many widely known legends.
- Folk dance groups, modern dance groups, choirs, but also majorette teams and brass bands and orchestras are welcome to apply.
- The number of participants and followers is not limited.
- There is no age limit (beside youth and children participants, older or veterans also may participate)
- It is necessary to prepare a programme with the duration of 8 – 15 minutes per program.
- Each group should bring the national flag of the country that they represent.
- It is also necessary to visibly showbanner on which the name of your group and the name of your country should be registered.
- It is recommended that groups should bring small gifts for exchanging to other groups.
- Participants can perform with orchestras (recommended) or with recorded music (on CD or USB).
- In order to participate in this festival, every group needs to fill in an application form. When applying, if possible, please provide some photos, videos or brief history of the group. These materials will be used for promotional and advertising purposes (in advertisements, fliers and posters).
- After receiving the application form and completion of advance payment, the organizer will send an official letter of invitation for participation at the Festival.
- The rest of the payment should be completed immediately after the group arrives in order to take part at the festival.
- 130 Euro per person for 4 nights;
- If group want to stay extra day they pay 30 Euro/person/day
- Every 25 participant - 1 person is free (24+1)
You can check the hotel web site: http://www.
The festival commitee will giving a pocket meal for lunch.
Transportation: If group will arriving by bus the festival commitee will giving 100 liter fuel oil (just one time at the festival ends.)
Any group willing to participate must submit an Application form.
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.