Director: Besik Gorjoladze
There is no doubt that the VIII World Folk Dance Competition “New Life 2019” and VI International festival competition “WONDERLAND 2019”, will be held from mental friendliness, and the Commonwealth. Together, we give the main goal of the contest - let promote themselves collectives in the arts - for presentation - promotion of titanic achievement. Support not only different parts of Georgia, but also will promote and make friends with people of the world, will develop and present to the people the rare examples of art.
VIII World Folk Dance Competition “New Life 2019” and VI International festival competition “WONDERLAND 2019”, will be held with the organization «KVALI NATELI XXI» and company “TEAM TRAVEL”, And also with the support of the board European Association of Folklore Festivals - EAFF and Municipality of Tbilisi.
Welcome to Georgia
Georgia - "The country of St. George" intoxicated by the sun, filled with light, dancing, singing, proud, loving and in love... Georgia! Greetings, a country of elegance and sadness... A country of natural artistry and an eternal feast, sparkling temperament, warmth, vivid emotions, unrivaled hospitality and unforgettable impressions. The country is known for its hospitality - "Guest - the messenger of God" - reads the Georgian proverb. Over the centuries, the Georgian people composed their traditions of hospitality. From generation to generation, love and unlimited respect for the guest, devotion to the duties of the host, traditional feast were transmitted. According to Georgian folk poetry, hospitality is valued more than courage, courage and skillful possession of weapons. Georgian folklore idealizes the hospitable, generous master, censures the stingy. A country that falls in love with everyone who visited it at least once!
Tbilisi is the capital of Georgia, its heart. It is the largest city in the country, an important economic, political, transport, scientific, cultural and spiritual center. The history of the city of Tbilisi dates back several centuries, its old name is Tiflis, in 2008 it turned 1550 years old. Tbilisi in translation means “warm source”, and from Georgian “tbili” - warm. The name and origin of this city is associated with warm sulfur springs, which are located on its territory. Also this city has an old name - Tiflis. The city of Tbilisi was founded in the 5th century AD by Vakhtang Gorgasali. And already in the 6th century it became the capital of Iberia - the state, which at that time was the territory of modern Georgia. There is also a legend about the rise of Tbilisi. It says that during the hunt of the king Vakhtang Gorgasali, his falcon and its prey, the pheasant, fell into a hot spring. Finding this source, the king ordered in his place to build a city. At the moment, on the site of the legendary source is located the Abanotubani quarter - the oldest district of the city of Tbilisi. In Tbilisi, there is almost everything that will be interesting to the tourist: and ancient monuments, and modern centers, and mountains, and forests, and plains, and lakes. Administratively Tbilisi is divided into 9 districts. Of these, 3 cultural centers can be distinguished: the Old City, Sololaki and Avlabar. There are areas of secondary historical and architectural significance: Mtatsminda, Chugureti and Vera. The rest are modern quarters. The climate of Tbilisi is characterized by hot summers and mild winters. The hottest weather is in July. Especially hot in the summer in the Old Town, a little cooler in the neighborhoods that are located in the mountains (Mtatsminda, Nitsubidze Plateau or Vazisubani). In winter, there are rarely frosts, the air temperature can rise to 15 degrees Celsius. According to the national composition of Tbilisi is quite diverse. In addition to the indigenous population (Georgians), Armenians, Russians, Ossetians, Azeris, Greeks, and others live here.
Mtskheta - the main historical pride of the country, located a couple of kilometers from Tbilisi. The tiny town originates in the 5th century BC. According to legend, the city founded the legendary Mtskhetos. “After the death of King Kartlos, his wife divided the land between his sons. Among them, the elder Mtskhetos - settled in the place of flow of the Aragvi and Mtkvari (Kura) rivers, built the city and called it by its name. This is a city-museum, which is protected by the auspices of UNESCO) and contains the most important ancient architectural buildings. The city of Mtskheta, in Georgia was the first capital, and to this day remains the center of its cultural and historical heritage. It is located on a cape that is located at the junction of two rivers: Aragvi and Kura. There is no settlement in all of Georgia where there would be so many shrines and memorial buildings. Pilgrims and tourist groups from all over the world come here every year to visit the holy land of the Second Jerusalem. The most valuable for the city is the Svetitskhovali Cathedral (from 6 to 11 century) and the Jvari Monastery (6th century). In addition, they are very popular in tourist circles.
Goals and objectives of the festival competition:
- Cultural exchange between Georgia and other countries of the world;
- Creation of additional conditions and search for new forms of synthesis of various arts: literature, music, choreography, vocal, fine arts and others within the framework of the festival-contest program;
- Popularization of culture, ideas of humanism and continuity of generations through comprehensive creative development of the individual;
- Uniting, preserving and developing national cultures, creating an atmosphere of respect for the historical heritage and cultural values of different countries in the creative process;
- Attracting leading figures of culture and art to cooperation with creative teams;
- Increase of professional skill and qualification of heads of creative collectives;
- Exchange of experience and achievements in the field of theatrical creativity of representatives of various theatrical schools and national traditions;
- Creation of environment and conditions for creative communication, establishment of creative contacts and development of friendly relations between collectives and between team leaders;
- Education of artistic taste and familiarizing young performers with the best examples of culture and art;
- Identification of talented gifted youth and promotion of its creative growth;
- Stimulation and development of children's, youth and adult creativity;
- Creation of an atmosphere of a creative holiday.
Participation conditions - festival nominations:
The competition is attended by children, youth groups and individual performers from 5 years and above in the categories: vocal, choreography, instrumental genre, theater, theater mod, pantomime, photo creativity, artists. Children's, youth and adult creative groups, and little form (with two or three numbers), all genres and directions from Georgia and other countries of the world. Age and number of participants is unlimited.
I. Vocals - classical, folk, pop, jazz, academic, rock, rap, soul, musical.
2. Duet, trio, quartet, quintet;
II. Choreography - folk, ethnic, pop, classical ballet, ballroom dancing, modern, jazz, neoclassical dance, sports dancing: techno dance, electro - bugi, street dance, hip-hop, break dance, disco, pop locking, etc.
1. Duet, trio, quartet, quintet;
III. Instrumental genre - folk, classical, jazz, percussion ensembles, guitarist ensembles, jazz-style ensembles, chamber orchestras, symphony orchestras, orchestras of accordionists and accordionists,
ensembles of folk instruments.
2. Duet, trio, quartet, quintet;
IV. Theater and fashion theater, pantomime, photo art, artists.
- Age category 5 - 10 years
- Age category 11 - 15 years
- Age category 16 - 19 years
- Age category 19 - 24 years
- Age category 24 and above
The jury evaluates according to the following criteria:
- Performing Arts
- Technique for performing movements
- Compositional numbering
- Stage / plastic, costume, props, performance culture
- Complexity of the repertoire
- Repertoire compliance with performance capabilities and age category
- Selection and compliance of musical and choreographic material
- Artistry, the disclosure of the artistic image
- Degree of ownership of the instrument
- Technical capabilities of the ensemble performance
- Artistic interpretation of a musical work
- Technical capabilities of performers
- Decoration of the program, props.
In the program of the festival-contest: competitive performances in nominations, master classes, entertaining and extensive excursion program on the most interesting places of Georgia.
Organizational and technical requirements for the competitive program:
- Collectives of instrumental, vocal and dance genres represent from 2 to 3 different numbers in one nomination, with a total duration of no more than 6 minutes.
- The phonogram should be presented on USB Flash Card or CD-R in audio format.
- MANDATORY REQUIREMENT: Each team must have a spare audio record on the USB Flash Card. The USB Flash Card should not contain any files other than the contest program.
- In the nomination of vocal, the contest works are performed only under the "minus" phonogram (the "back-vocal" is allowed only in the chorus). The performance of vocalists in the competition program is not allowed under the phonogram "plus".
- The organizing committee prepares and conducts the festival-competition. The order of the performance is determined by the organizing committee in advance, performances are conducted by both blocks and separate numbers.
- The Organizing Committee reserves the right to amend the rules of the competition.
- The contest is applied not competition, but the qualification principle of the evaluation of the competitive program.
- Any violation of the rules of the competition entails a loss of points in assessing the performance of the team.
- Jury decisions are not subject to appeal.
- The Organizing Committee is not responsible for the evaluation of the jury members and the awarding of the title to the participants!
- The contest program is evaluated by the jury in each nomination, taking into account the age of the performers indicated in the applications.
Prizes and awards:
The jury consists of twelve members. The world-class choreographer stars will judge the competition. After the competition, jury will evaluate and identify the winners.
The organizers reserve the right to make changes to the festival program.
Arrival, meeting at the airport, registration, accommodation of participants and guests of the festival in the hotel in Tbilisi, rest. (Lunch or dinner), depending on the time of arrival of the aircraft. Acquaintance with the organizing committee of the festival, technical services, consultations. Accommodation: Tbilisi - Hotel.
Breakfast at the hotel. Tbilisi. Departure of the festival participants for the grand opening of the festival and competitive performance in the hall of the Tbilisi Concert Hall Event Hall in Tbilisi, preparation for the competition. Competition program - vocal day, instrumentalists. Lunch at the hotel. Competition program - the day of choreographers and theater. Return to the hotel. Dinner at the hotel. Accommodation: Tbilisi - Hotel. Tbilisi Concert Hall Event Hall.
Breakfast at the hotel. Tbilisi. Departure for the gala concert rehearsal. Rehearsal of the gala concert. Return to the hotel. Lunch at the hotel. Gala Concert. Award, solemn closing of the festival. Return to the hotel. Dinner at the hotel. Accommodation: Tbilisi - Hotel. Tbilisi Concert Hall Event Hall.
Breakfast at the hotel. Tbilisi and Mtskheta. Excursion in the current capital of Georgia, Tbilisi. The tour will begin at 09.00 hours. Tbilisi - Tbilisi is the capital and largest city of Georgia. It occupies 726 km2 on both banks of the river Mtkvari (Kura) and has a population of 1,480,000 people. Built in 5th c. ne Vakhtang Gorgasali (King of Kartli) and converted into the capital in 6th century AD, Tbilisi is the most important industrial, social and cultural center. Old Tbilisi and Sulfur Baths. The foundation of Tbilisi and the origin of the word itself are associated with these warm sources. According to legend, King Vakhtang Gorgasali stumbled upon a warm spring while hunting. The name "Tbilisi" comes from the word "Tbilisi" which means warm.
Visit the temple Metekhi. Metekhi (მეტეხი) is also the Metekhi Cathedral of the Nativity of Our Lady - a 12th century Georgian Orthodox church in the center of Tbilisi on Metekhi Rock. This is the most prominent and most popular temple of the city. It can be seen from any point of the center: from the Maidan, from the restaurant "Machakhela" from the Rike park, from the cable car, from the hotel "Kopala" from the roofs of sulfur baths and from the Narikala fortress. This is actually a visual symbol of the city - along with the equestrian statue of King Vakhtang in the neighborhood. Presumably, the first temple on this site was built with Vakhtang Gorgasali (5th century) who led a large construction, perhaps his palace was located here. Holy Shushanik was buried in the temple (she died about 432 years). The first mentions in written sources refer to the twelfth century. The territory of the temple was fortified, next to the temple was the royal palace. There is information that King Tamar prayed here (1195). From here opens the unique landscape of old Tbilisi. We let ourselves down by the Bridge of Peace and Rike Park and climb the Narekala Fortress on the cable car - a fortress complex of various epochs in old Tbilisi. The exact time of the foundation of the fortress in Tbilisi is unknown, but in the IV century it already existed and was called Shuris-Tsikhe. Under David the Builder, the Arab fortress was strengthened and expanded. The modern name she was given, as it is believed, the Mongols. A Tbilisi citadel acquired a form close to the modern one in the 17th and 18th centuries. Then we descend down to the royal baths (sulfuric waters) where there is a place from which the words of the city of Tbilisi appeared.
Return to the hotel for lunch. After lunch, continue the excursion in Mtskheta. Departure towards Mtskheta. Mtskheta - which is the ancient city of Georgia. According to legend, the city founded the legendary Mtskhetos. “After the death of King Kartlos, his wife divided the land between his sons. Among them, the elder Mtskhetos - settled in the place of flow of the Aragvi and Mtkvari (Kura) rivers, built the city and called it by its name. This is a city-museum, which is protected by the auspices of UNESCO). Svetitskhoveli Cathedral (Living Pillar) in the name of the 12 apostles. This is the first temple that was built after the belief of King Mirian and Queen Nana (4th century). The temple, which is considered one of the symbols of the Georgian Church and the crown of Georgian church architecture. In Svetitskhoveli is the greatest shrine of the Georgian Orthodox Church - the Heaton of the Lord and the prophet Elijah mercy, both under a bushel. Jvari (VI century) - the Church of the Holy Cross on top of a mountain at the confluence of Kura and Aragvi, where, according to legend, holy Equal to the Apostles Nina erected, one of the masterpieces of world architecture and the first Georgian monument to UNESCO World Heritage. In the second half of the 5th century, the pious king Vakhtang - IV Gorgasal built a basilica on the site of this church.
Surprise for the festival participants from the festival organizers and so a farewell party evening for executives. Return to the hotel. Dinner at the hotel. Accommodation: Tbilisi - Hotel.
Breakfast at the hotel. Tbilisi. Departure of the participants of the festival airport of the city of Tbilisi.
- 250 Euro per person - 3*** hotel
- Discount: 20 paying participants + 1 free of charge
Participation fee includes:
- Transfer - from the airport to the hotel and back to the airport.
- All transport service - escort from the hotel to the concert hall and back to the hotel, during the fest.
- Transport - bus or micro bus, comfortable.
- Transport service during the excursion.
- Organizational fee for the main nomination of the group.
- Accommodation hotel in Tbilisi 4 nights (3-4 bed accommodation, facilities in the rooms - 3*** hotel).
- On a group of at least 20 people, one double room - no extra charge.
- Free place for the leader according to the scheme 20+1.
- Three meals a day – FB.
- Sightseeing tour of Tbilisi and Mtskheta.
- Tickets for the cable car.
- Diplomas, letters of thanks, gifts of the organizers to all participants of the festival and leaders.
- Farewell celebratory evening for heads.
Paid in addition:
- Air tickets;
- Extra night in the hotel;
- Extra charge for a double room is 10 $ (for 3 *** hotels) per person per day.
- Extra charge for a single room is 25 $ (for 3 *** hotels) per person per day.
- Extra charge for additional night stay at the hotel up to 14 years - 30 $, over 14 years - 35 $.
- 2-bed and 1-bed accommodation on request. Limited number of seats;
- Soloists additionally pay the organizational fee to the basic cost of the program 35 $.
- "Small forms" (up to 5 persons inclusive) additionally pay an organizational fee to the basic cost of the program 25 $ / person.
P.S. If the ensemble comes to their own transport, the organizer of the festival provides the fuel on the in place.
Any group willing to participate must submit an Application form.
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.
Next step - payment in amount of 30% of the total amount shall be made until August 25 2019.
Remaining 60% must be paid on September 20, or pay cash.