Director: Galina Panayotova
The Balkan Folk Festival is held in the city of Edirne, Turkey and is a concomitant event of the 659th edition of Turkey 's largest Festival oil wrestling, which is included in the UNESCO World Heritage List, which is held every year in Edirne Fighting Tournament "Kirkpainar". The audience from all over Turkey and abroad gathers in Edirne to hold the fights.
Goals of the festival:
- to develop cultural exchanges between the Balkan countries;
- to encourage the creativity of the personality;
- to present the folklore and cultural traditions of the Balkan peoples;
- to promote Balkan folklore.
82 Euro per person - includes 2 nights in hotel 3* with breakfast
112 Euro per person - includes 3 nights in a hotel 3* with breakfast
For a group of 25 people there is one free place (25 + 1).
- Participation in an open-air festival concert in the center of Edirne on 26-27 June
- Participation in the program for the opening of the Festival of Fat Fighting (optional)
- Certificates and plaques for the groups
Gala Dinner (optional) and rewarding of the participants in the festival at a suitable restaurant in the city of Edirne - for an extra charge.
Tourism sites in Edirne: Adrianopol's Ancient Fortress, Sultan Selim II Mosque, Museum of History and Ethnography, Museum of Turkish and Muslim Art, Monument of Sinan Architect, Museum of the Balkan War, old bridges over the Tundja and Maritsa rivers, Adrian's Medieval Tower, Karaagach Station, the Bulgarian Church "St. Georgi ", the Orthodox Church "St. St. Konstantin and Elena", the school of Dr. Petar Beron, the Complex of Sultan Bayazid II and the Museum of Medicine, covered bazaars - aristocratic and others. In Bulgaria Edirne is also known as the "city of shopping tours". /Entry fees are at an additional cost./ Possibility for organized visit to the sites.
Any group willing to participate must submit an Application form.
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.