Director: Saša Bajić and Milo Radoman
Date: 26 – 29 November, 2020
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Budapest is the biggest city and the economic, historic, cultural and touristic capital of Hungary. It is a city on either side of the majestic Danube: Buda, with its romantic streets and alleyways, and Pest, an effervescent cultural center. Budapest is a city of thermal baths, striking turn-of-the-century architecture, classical music, cultural monuments and vibrant nightlife.
Rules and criteria:
- II Budapest International Choir Fest is non-competitive festival dedicated to mixed choirs, female and male choirs.
- Age of participants is 16+.
- There is no limit to the number of singers.
- The organizers maintain the right to limit the number of choirs if too many apply.
- Participating choirs should prepare the program up to 30 minutes and it is desirable to perform in their repertoire one composition from their country of origin.
- The repertoire of the choirs can include secular, sacred compositions of contemporary and old composers.
- The choirs will have 1 or 2 performances.
- Duration of the choirs’ performance depends on the total number of participating choirs.
- At the end of the concert all the choirs together will perform a composition chosen by the organizers – “Festival Hymn”.
Application conditions:With the application form you should send us:
- Choir’s CV
- Choir Conductor’s CV
- Up-to-date photos of your choir
- Video or link where we can see your performances
- 115 Euro per person - Hotels 4* (3 BB – bed and breakfast; rooms: 1/2).
- Additional payment for a single room is 20 EUR per room per day.
- 119 Euro per person - Hotels 3* (3 HB - half boards; rooms: 2 x 1/2 and the rest 1/3 and 1/4).
- Additional payment for a double room is 5 EUR per room per day;
- Additional payment for a single room is 15 EUR per room per day.
- Each 26th person - FREE OF CHARGE (25 paying + 1 free of charge)
- Bus drivers are included in total number of persons.
- Any group willing to participate must submit the Application form.
- Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.
- As the next step the groups should pay in advance 30 EUR per person as reservation, which is to be deducted at the final payment.
- The groups pay all bank taxes.
- The rest of participation fee the groups can pay in cash when arrive to the festival.
- If the group cancels the participation on the festival less than 5 days before the festival starts, the reservation expenses will not be refunded.
Participation fee includes:
- Invitation letter,
- Participation in the festival,
- Organization expenses,
- Diplomas and souvenirs,
- English speaking guide for participating groups.
Participation fee does not include:
- Transport expenses (if the group comes by airplane, the organizer of the festival could arrange a bus during the festival at the cost of the group),
- Local transfers,
- Facultative tours,
- All kinds of hospitality expenses that are not included in the full board,
- All other expenses not mentioned in the program of the festival,
- Damage that participants make during the festival.
- If you are interested in participating in the festival, please fill in the Application form as soon as possible.
- All participants of the festival must have their own international health insurance.
- Each group leader is responsible for the behavior of his group in accordance with the hotel policy and program of the festival and all damages during the festival will be at the cost of the group.
- The organizer of the festival reserves the rights to video and photos of all participants.
- Also, the organizer reserves the right to any changes in the program, and the participants will be informed on time.
- By applying you confirm that you accept all festival conditions.
- Detailed program of II Budapest International Choir Fest will be sent to the participants.
Any group willing to participate must submit an Application form.
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.
As the next step the groups should pay in advance 30 EUR per person as reservation, which is to be deducted at the final payment. The rest of participation fee the groups can pay in cash when arrive to the festival.