Contact person: Galya Bogdanova
Living Cultural Heritage -
Safeguarding, Practices, Information Technologies LCH-2019
26 - 29 August 2019, Nessebar, Bulgaria
Conference will be held in the frames of the IX World Championship of Folklore "World Folk 2019" organized by the European Association of Folklore Festivals - EAFF.
The forum is aimed to the theme for preservation, presentation and digitization of the cultural heritage and has interdisciplinary nature. The leading purpose is the broad-spectrum interpretation of the concept of living cultural heritage. On the one hand - as a phenomenon of the living cultural practices and in general - as a scientifically systematized digital content of various tangible and intangible values from museums, archives, community centers etc. Sharing the Bulgarian and foreign experience in specialized and interdisciplinary scientific research, the exchange of modern information technology solutions as well, will be useful in achieving meaningful and technologically renewed living knowledge about the cultural heritage.
Research institutes, universities, cultural institutions, organizations are invited in order to exchange experience, ideas and results on the subject of the conference.
- scientific reports - up to 20 min;
- messages and presentations - up to 10 min.
The costs of transport and accommodation are at the expense of the participants.
50 Euro - The fee is to be paid after received approval for participation
Hotel 3*** - triple and quadruple room - 3 HB (3 nights on half board basis) - 66 Euro per person
- Master Class "Kravtsov": https://eaff.eu/en/festivals/228-master-class-kravtsov-accordion;
- Exhibition of the Scientific Archive of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences "Mihail Arnaudov - life, dedicated to Bulgaria and the science";
- Exhibition "Folklore - shared knowledge. Past, present and future", organized by IMI and IEFEM at BAS;
- Round Table: The Role of Non-Governmental Organizations in the Implementation of the UNESCO Convention on the Safeguarding of Intangible Cultural Heritage;
- Round Table: "Ways to Promote Good Practices for the Protection of Intangible Cultural Heritage".
The results of the conference will be published afre review in online series, registered in NACID (National center for information and documentation website).
- European Association of Folklore Festivals - EAFF
- Euro Folk Academy
With support of:
- Institute of ethnology and folklore sciences with Ethnographic Museum to Bulgarian Academy of Science
- Institute of Mathematics and Informatics to Bulgarian Academy of Science
- Saint Peterburg's State Institute of Culture, Russia
REGISTRATION WITH REPORTS AND MESSAGES UNTIL: August 2nd, 2019
Applications (title and brief summary) can be submitted online at the official website of the Conference - Application form.