Visoko Bosnia and Herzegovina
Director: Mersed Šahinović
until 9 December 2019
With pleasure We INVITE you (folk groups, choral groups, modern dance groups, pop dance groups, majorettes and orchestras), to participate on International Music & Folk - Dance festival "Bosnian winter joys 2019", 29 December 2019 - 02 January 2020
The Festival light motive is to present the cultural tradition of different countries and to provide an opportunity for the members of groups to get together, to establish friendships and to presentat culture trough dance and music.
The municipality of Visoko is set on the crossroad, just in the heart of Sarajevo - Zenica region (25 kilometers from Sarajevo) and covers the area of 232 square kilometres. It is inhabited by 44 000 inhabitants. As a town Visoko and a suburb Podvisoki it was first mentioned in 1355. Visoko was historical capital of mediaeval Bosnia and had colony of mediaeval Dubrovnik state and the customs that was confirmed by the charter of the King Tvrtko I Kotromanic from 1355 made in Visoko. Religious spirit of Visoko was symbolized by existing of old Tabacka Mosque, which was built as a foundation – vakuf of Visoko’s tabaci ( crafters that were producing leather), Franciscan Monastery that was ruined in 1697, and later rebuilt and still exists, and Orthodox Church of St. Prokopije, which is set in the settlement Podvisoki. Visoko is well-known as a town of businessmen and traders that are excellent in their domains. Today, Visoko is world-wide known for Pyramids. Excavating the Bosnian Pyramid of the Sun offers great opportunity to chance archaeological, civilization and historical history not just of Bosnia and Herzegovina but the world too.
20.00 - Welcome reception with leaders of the group
- indoor performance
Variant 2: 21:00 Dinner at the hotel, joint parties and New Year's Eve
21.00 - 23.00 Closing ceremony of the festival – certificates and presents for ensembles by organizer, exchange presents between leaders of ensembles and party with all participants
- According to the festival program the Groups will perform from 15 minutes to 25 minutes either with live music or CD.
- Should have flag and sign with the name of the group for the defile.
- During the Festival each Group will have one or two performances in Visoko and its area according to the program of the Festival.
- The performances will be in the evening hours so you can plan the day ahead and use it for visiting piramyds, historical parts of city, excursions (Sarajevo - 25 km or Mostar - 143 km).
105 Euro per person – Students hotel (2-3 bedded rooms, own bathroom);
125 Euro per person – Hotel 3* (2-3 bedded rooms)
Participation fee includes:
- For 21 dancers – one gratis (21 paying + 1 free of charge),
- Souvenir and gift for each group,
- Welcome cocktail for Welcome reception,
- Certificate for attendance,
- Tourist guide for the city,
- Drinks during the performance,
- Free parking for bus,
- Advertising of the festival (press release, news letter, FB promotion, posters and flayers).
Personal responsibility and health insurance are within the other obligations of the groups. First Aid and Medical Hospital will be available, medical services must be covered by the group.
On your request, you can continue your stay in Visoko for price of 25 Euro per day per person HB – price is special for the participants in festivals that we can provide.
After Groups arrive in hotel they will be given detailed program.
After the festival finish organizers will send you link on YouTube where you can find and download photos and videos of festival evenings. The copy right of all video materials and pictures are ownership of the Organization of the Festival.