10 - 13 July 2020
Director: Aron Kovats
until 21 February 2020
Montecatini Terme located in Tuscany, is not a resort: it’s the biggest spa-town in Italy. Here tourism is the main activity: every year 200 hotels sell 2 million overnight-stays for travelers who want to see the city amenities and to take short trips to the nearby art-cities: Lucca, Florence, Pisa, Siena… all easily reachable by bus or by train (2 train stations: “Montecatini Terme-Monsummano” and “Montecatini Centro”). The spas, the Golf Club, the funicolar “Funicolare”, markets, theatres, many restaurants and night clubs make a glad vacation in Montecatini. Concerts, fairs, ballrooms, art exhibitions and festivals attracts the local (21000 inhabitants) and the tourist in a well organized and a pleasant agenda. After the belle-epoque growth, now the spas offer not only the well-known healing waters but also all the modern relax treatments. On the 10-13 July Montecatini Terme is waiting for folk dance ensembles, folk bands, choirs, modern dancers, bands, majorettes to the festival.
- Folklore groups, orchestras, majorettes, modern dance groups, choirs, music bands from all over the world
- The number of the participants are not limited
- No age limits
- 135 Euro per person
- Addition day can be booked for 42 €/person/day
- Groups of 25 persons: One group leader free of charge!
Participation fee includes:
- Participation in the festival concert
- Accommodation in 3* Hotels in triple rooms (supplement for a double room is 6 €/person/day, supplement for single room is 15 €/person/day)
- Diplomas, gifts
Participation fee does not include:
- Optional Programs
- Tourist tax: 1 €/person/day, payment on the spot at the hotel
Afternoon arrival at Montecatini Terme
Accommodation at hotels, meeting with group leaders
Free program in Montecatini - Montecatini Alto, Piazza Giuseppe Giusti, Fontana Guidotti, Basilica Santa Maria Assunta, Grotta Maona
Dinner – overnight
Optional program – bathing in Montecatini in the thermal baths
Sightseeing in Lucca - Puccini Museum, Torre delle Ore, Chiesa di Santa Mari, Piazza Anfiteatro,
Sightseeing in Pisa - Leaning Tower of Pisa, Piazza dei Miracoli, Duomo di Pisa, Battistero
Performance in Montecatini
Optional program – tour to Ligurian Sea (Livorno, Viareggio) or
Sightseeing in Florence - Piazza del Duomo , Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, Palazzo Vecchio, River Arno, Ponte Vecchio, Pitti Palace, Uffizi Gallery
Breakfast, departure of participants
- San Miniato - Palazzo del Seminario , Rocca Federico II, Cattedrale di Santa Maria Assunta e di San Genesio
- Vinci – Birthplace of Leonardo da Vinci, Leonardo Museum
Any group willing to participate must submit an Application form.
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.